Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$359
US$327
  • Pool
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$214
Alden Suites
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$168
US$277
US$184
US$166
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$186
US$147
US$144
Hotels.com
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$180
US$394
US$304
Orbitz.com
Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
US$246
US$190
2,021 results
All reviewsfree beer and winesocial houradirondack chairsshuffle boardgrocery storemini golffree happy hourcorn holenice poolfamily ownedsmall hotelbeachfront resortwithin walking distancefull size fridgeheated poolgreat place to staystove top
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I spent 4 nights here over Memorial Day weekend. We had a wonderful time! This hotel is spotless!! We stayed in room 117, a beachfront room with king bed and patio. There was a refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner cooktop, coffee pot, teapot, and (I think) a toaster. Pots, dishes, silverware, etc. there are 2 charcoal grills for guests to use also. And, again, everything was spotless. Great view of the beach and we enjoyed talking with all who walked by, and was fun watching folks playing shuffleboard and corn hole. If you are looking for fancy, this place may not be for you. However, if you are looking for a very clean, relaxing, friendly place for a getaway on the beach I highly recommend it. Easy walking to grocery store, and many restaurants. The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at Plaza Beach Hotel. The beach is absolutely breathtaking and just steps from your room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and we loved having the full kitchen. My only negative comment is that our room was too close to the road and in the mornings it was very noisy. I don't think this is the case for all of the rooms though. I would definitely recommend Plaza Beach Hotel.
We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road and not facing the parking lot.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a weekend trip to St. Pete's , we were thrilled with our choice of staying at the Plaza Beach . The resort is immaculate , it is an older resort but extremely well kept.The staff were very helpful and did everything they could to insure we had a pleasant stay. Our unit was on the garden side , it had EVERYTHING you would ever need in it . Our bed was very comfortable and the atmosphere quiet both inside and out.The pool was clean and not overly busy even for it being the long weekend. They offer chairs ,lounges ,hammocks etc. right on the beach,these were hardly used and where we spent most of our time. We loved the beach ,you can easy walk to restaurants and other activities in the area.It was also a great place to sit and watch the sunset .I was surprised that they did not have maid service on Sunday but I respect that they give their staff a day off , we just got towels exchanged at the desk. We were on the first floor and we did hear everyone moving around upstairs but it was minimal.Overall I cannot think of a negative to write about our stay at the Plaza Beach. We will be back !!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Garden side seemed quieter also if noise bothers you ask for a room on the 2nd floor.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We usually stay at the Plaza Beach Hotel, but this time I waited too late to register. Not only that, the week I chose was smack in the middle of Spring Break. Thus when I called Plaza Beach Hotel, I had to more or less take what was available. And that was a room at the sister hotels a block away: Bayview Plaza and Bay Palms. I'd never stayed in these hotels before. Additionally, because they had full capacity, I had to split my week by staying at Bayview for a couple of days and moving to Bay Palms for the rest of the week. I don't like to quibble because both units were roomy, but they had their drawbacks: The bedroom window at the Bayview room overlooked the shuffleboard court and when people were playing, they were mere inches away. As a result, I had to keep the curtains closed. At the Bay Palms, the bedroom window overlooked the common area where kids sat on a bench directly outside playing video games. I ended up pulling the curtains, closing the windows and putting on the A/C.

Also busy was the "break room" at Plaza Beach where I'd go to use the computers. (I kept losing the signal on my laptop.) One day I went in and three children under ten were playing games on the computers. At the same time a family was playing something called "Foose Ball" that made a racket. Meanwhile I had fond memories of when this room was an oasis of calm, an escape from the noise outside. Again, perhaps it was the time of year. St. Pete's Beach was rocking at full capacity everywhere.

That said, I must mention the Plaza Beach's two strong points that keep bringing me back: their reasonable rates and their cleanliness. The latter is so important when we're talking Florida hotels. A few years ago I stayed in Clearwater at the "grande dame" of hotels, in a renovated waterfront suite. At two in the morning I moved to the main, recently-built section of the hotel after having seen a bug--a big bug--the kind people like me dread. For the rest of my stay I never relaxed, always anticipating another encounter.

I've got to say that I've never experienced such a situation at Plaza Beach, and for that I give them five stars. It's people like Inga in Housekeeping who help keep the place spotless and at the same time provide a smile and a friendly greeting. In fact, the entire staff is professional and personable. I can understand why people keep on coming back. Plaza Beach does it right.

Room Tip: If you're staying at the sister hotels, ie, Bayview Plaza or Bay Palms, try to get a room overlooking the lagoon. These have little patios in front for watching the waterfront activity.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was my 6th or 7th different resort/hotel stay on Gulf Boulevard. I've stayed from 3 start to 5 star, on the beach and across the street. Moments after arriving to the Plaza Beach Hotel for the first time last week I sent my husband a text that said "I just found the place for us to stay for good when we come to St. Pete Beach!" This place won my heart immediately! The staff could NOT have been any friendlier, the room is very home-y with a full kitchen, table, large room and nice bathroom. And, of course, it's on the beach!! What more could you ask for?! I highly recommend Plaza Beach Hotel.
Here is a video I made showing lots of pictures if you are interested. http://youtu.be/kt4CTHg8--I

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo