“Best valued resort ever”

Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best valued resort ever”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Can't wait to go back! We arrived and the front desk attendant was very friendly! Checked into room, and it was exactly what I expected after seeing pictures online. We used the in suite kitchen for every meal. It saved us so much money!!! 10/10 would book again no questions asked. Lots of free amenities, even had free beach toys! I had my hand at skim boarding and didn't have to pay a dime to try it!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
  • Polish first
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After producing several videos for the Plaza Beach Resorts I stayed an extra night with my fiancé. WE LOVED IT! Between the 3 resorts, you're either steps away from the beach or the bay on the island of St. Pete Beach. So you can spend your day parasailing, paddle boarding, lounging in a cabana or you can head to the bay front resorts and fish right off the dock or even take your boat out for a spin. Guests are welcome to "stay at one and play at all three." We opted to spend most of our time hanging out in a cabana digging our toes in the beautiful white sand. It was heaven! I interviewed several guests staying at the resorts and they all liked the personable feel to it. It has been family owned and operated since 1988 and the staff is very friendly. It's a big reason guests come back year after year. It's clean, affordable and it's in a perfect location. It's in walking distance to great restaurants. Plus, it's only a 30 minute drive to Busch Gardens and 90 minutes to Walt Disney World. I just can't say enough great things about Plaza Beach Resorts! As a tourism producer I've stayed in a zillion hotels and this one is at the top of my recommendation list.

Room Tip: If you are a celebrating a special occasion the staff is happy to place special amenities in the roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Missy M
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We looked online extensively to find the perfect hotel with the best rating and lowest cost. We found Plaza Beach Resort on google. The hotel is small which was what we wanted, less crowds and less noise. It was super clean and had everything that we needed in the room! The staff was great, very helpful. They even have washers and dryers which is very nice. The new tiki bar was great, we loved Chris. We would have liked liquor drinks but the tiki bar just opened so hopefully next time we go we can get yummy mixed drinks. : ) Its very close to everything you need. (although I would say the Publix is very dirty, and its the only store in walking distance) The pool is a good size and there are plenty of lounge chairs in and around the pool area. The beach is AMAZING and right outside the pool area! SO AWESOME! I would love to go back, just maybe not on a holiday as the roads and beach were a little crowded. I was not a fan of the low flow showers as I have super long hair and it took forever to rinse, but I understand the reasons behind that change and I can deal with it. Keep up the great work!! Maybe offer return guests a special rate at low season times?? Hope to see you soon!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the superior gulf suite, excellent view of the pool and beach and tiki bar.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Brandon, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When another resort lost our room reservation for Memorial Day weekend, we were forced to look for an alternative. For 20 years we have had a family reunion at the other resort, located on St. Pete Beach. When we heard about the lost reservation from our daughter, my wife and I went over to the beach to sort things out. Not possible; the Resort 'X' manager was unavailable and we could not get a room, nor our deposit. Off we went, depressed, looking for an alternative. The first thing that impressed us when we walked into the lobby of the Plaza Beach Hotel was a very warm welcome. They could help us, and had a small room available for the holiday weekend. The young woman on the front desk offered to show us the room and lead us on a tour of the resort. The room was clean, small, but well equipped, and, frankly a godsend. It was also close enough to the other hotel, that we could walk over and participate in the reunion activities. We booked it. The hotel has a very nice beach front, a tiki bar, beer in the lobby for guests. Color Adirondack chairs dot the beach adding a festive atmosphere. The pool is larger than the other resort. The Plaza Beach is quieter and less crowded than the other resort. The professionalism and friendliness carried through our stay. All the service personnel were friendly. The resort is in the process of upgrading its facilities, so the good is going to get better. When we checked out we asked to see a larger room. No problem. They gave us a key and the room number. The Plaza Beach has sister hotels in the area too. We stayed at the Bayview Plaza several years ago. I think we have an alternative place for next Memorial Day weekend. It won't be resort "X".

Room Tip: Our room was right at the front of the hotel, a few feet from Gulf Blvd. But noise was not even a f...
Green Features: It is very nice to see these programs in practice. A very big difference between Plaza Beach and Resort "X". No such practices at the other place, more reason to stay away from "X"
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill B
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I spent 4 nights here over Memorial Day weekend. We had a wonderful time! This hotel is spotless!! We stayed in room 117, a beachfront room with king bed and patio. There was a refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner cooktop, coffee pot, teapot, and (I think) a toaster. Pots, dishes, silverware, etc. there are 2 charcoal grills for guests to use also. And, again, everything was spotless. Great view of the beach and we enjoyed talking with all who walked by, and was fun watching folks playing shuffleboard and corn hole. If you are looking for fancy, this place may not be for you. However, if you are looking for a very clean, relaxing, friendly place for a getaway on the beach I highly recommend it. Easy walking to grocery store, and many restaurants. The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Huntington, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at Plaza Beach Hotel. The beach is absolutely breathtaking and just steps from your room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and we loved having the full kitchen. My only negative comment is that our room was too close to the road and in the mornings it was very noisy. I don't think this is the case for all of the rooms though. I would definitely recommend Plaza Beach Hotel.
We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road and not facing the parking lot.
Saint George, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a weekend trip to St. Pete's , we were thrilled with our choice of staying at the Plaza Beach . The resort is immaculate , it is an older resort but extremely well kept.The staff were very helpful and did everything they could to insure we had a pleasant stay. Our unit was on the garden side , it had EVERYTHING you would ever need in it . Our bed was very comfortable and the atmosphere quiet both inside and out.The pool was clean and not overly busy even for it being the long weekend. They offer chairs ,lounges ,hammocks etc. right on the beach,these were hardly used and where we spent most of our time. We loved the beach ,you can easy walk to restaurants and other activities in the area.It was also a great place to sit and watch the sunset .I was surprised that they did not have maid service on Sunday but I respect that they give their staff a day off , we just got towels exchanged at the desk. We were on the first floor and we did hear everyone moving around upstairs but it was minimal.Overall I cannot think of a negative to write about our stay at the Plaza Beach. We will be back !!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Garden side seemed quieter also if noise bothers you ask for a room on the 2nd floor.
Green Features: Excellent initiatives to protect the environment right down to providing a reusable tote to use for shopping etc.