This was our second trip to Plaza Beach and it definitely did not disappoint. It is the perfect smaller place for our wants and needs. I'll start out with this place is right on the beach. A few steps out of your door and your in the perfect white sand and the ocean is right there. The resort has some chairs and a couple hammocks for you to just sit and enjoy. They also have a decent pool just to relax in if you don't want to go in the ocean. They have more chairs at the pool too. We also played games there while between activities or when grilling. They have bean bags (corn toss), shuffle board, and chess. They have a small mini golf course too. The rooms are nice as well. We have stayed in the Deluxe Efficiency room our first trip which no complaints with three people. This last trip we stayed in a Deluxe One Bedroom with five people and that was also nice. They have TV, A/C, and a kitchen. We used the kitchen a lot which saved us money instead of having to eat out for every meal. There is a grocery store right across the street which was very handy. The service from the staff was great as well. They are very friendly and help out with any questions that we had. Jackie had helped us from day one when checking in all the way through and Moriah and Katie were also very helpful as well. They helped us with fishing poles when going to fish and gave us any info we asked for about the area. We always had fresh towels and the cleaning service always had our room ready as well. A big thing that I liked is that this is a smaller, yet very nice resort. It is set up like a two story motel and access is way easier in my mind compared to the big hotels around it. I like being able to go straight to our room whenever needed instead of walking through cold air-conditioned halls just to get on an elevator. Very user friendly and your car is parked real close as well. We will continue to stay at Plaza Beach as we have not been disappointed yet. They do have two other resorts as well that we have checked out quickly which seem very nice as well. They also have a new bar that opened up on the resort which is run by Rick's Reef. If you want to enjoy a nice drink and some food while on the beach it is very nice and it is not too rowdy as this is still a family place. Also if you do want to eat out you are in a walking/short driving distance to a lot of different places. We just have a tough time deciding where to go but you can choose almost anything you're craving at that time or the staff will help you again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Plaza Beach Hotel Beachfront Resort is an award winning boutique resort of only 39 suites on the tropical island of St Pete Beach. St Pete Beach was voted #1 Beach in America by tripadvisor and is famous for its sugar white beaches. Plaza Beach Resort is situated directly on the beach with a large beachside pool overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Imagine yourself relaxing in the pool while watching a breathtaking orange/purple sunset melt into the gulf. All rooms are spacious studio apartments with full kitchen; great for large families, couples or the business traveler who wants all the amenities of home. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Plaza Beach Resort has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach/Pool Towels, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Shuffleboard, FREE 4-hole Mini-Golf, FREE Human-size Chess, FREE BBQ Area, FREE Business Center, FREE Fitness Room, FREE parking and FREE Fishing off of our private piers just across the street. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 1988. The family is still very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Saint Pete Beach
- Plaza Beach Saint Pete
- Plaza Beach Resort
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida