Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bon Aire Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Dolphin Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Miramar Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Haven(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Palm Crest Resort Motel(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Hideaway Sands Resort(St. Pete Beach)
2,002 results
All reviewsfree beer and winesocial houradirondack chairsshuffle boardgrocery storemini golffree happy hourcorn holenice poolfamily ownedsmall hotelbeachfront resortwithin walking distancefull size fridgeheated poolgreat place to staystove top
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Plaza Beach Resort and had a wonderful one nights stay at this property.
From the grounds to the rooms, the resort is meticulously clean and in tip top shape. The front desk staff are courteous and friendly, the pool area is very nice with the Tiki Bar an added bonus, and it's right on the beach with private lounge chairs and cabanas for guest use. My husband and I own and run our very own inn and know exactly where to look and what to look for when it comes to housekeeping oversights, and I was impressed with the cleanliness and attention to detail their staff brings to the plate. Well done you guys your great reviews are well deserved! We wish you continued success!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Shelly at the front desk provided exceptional service at check-in. After a long travel day, her welcome made me feel right at home. She was very thoughtful of my long day, offering beach towels and anything else I may need to be comfortable. Very genuine service. Thank you Shelley! My room,a superior gulf-view, was super-clean, calming, had all the amenities and so much more. The Gulf-view was just a tiny view however, out the side window. Many thoughtful touches throughout the room. I love that the owner and management feel recycling is important and encourage us guests to be mindful of water use. To then be able to walk out on the beach and enjoy the sunset and feel the peace of the Gulf, was the perfect end to a busy day. I like more privacy however, between myself and my next door neighbor. The outdoor seating of the adjacent room is right next to my window. If my window is open, the neighbor is right below my window. However, this is a family-friendly motel and most guests would probably not give this a second thought. I was travelling alone so made a difference to me. All in all, an excellent place for families to stay, the owner/management obviously care and are mindful of making their properties wonderful places to stay. I recommend completely.

Room Tip: Pick close to gulf as possible on any side. North side are shady and away from parking area. South side face parking but have better view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Beachgirl33405
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our stay was just overnight but I'd definitely consider going back for a short vacation. I've stayed in various size hotels and seem to like smaller ones if - IF - they are clean, and this one is definitely that. It's not pretentious (big plus), the staff is friendly, and the overall feel of the place is more like a community than a place where strangers pass by, never even glancing at others.

Room Tip: Small place, easy-going, and laid back. Leave your formal attire at home!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thanks for a FIVE STAR review of your brief stay at the Plaza Beach Hotel – Beachfront Resort. We are very laid back and geared toward spending quality time. Our guests are very friendly and many end up making life long friends while staying here and plan trips at the same time each year. Thank you for also noticing our green initiatives. Like you, we believe everyone should do their part to be green. Please come back and see us next time you venture into south Florida for a longer stay.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay here, for four nights. The location right off the beach is fantastic. The hotel is set up to be family friendly, with games and the pool. As a couple staying there, we knew what to expect with the pool, and really enjoyed the occasional "adult swim" when there weren't any kids. As may be seen from one of the pictures, they have a large selection of Adirondack chairs to sit on, on the hotel front to the beach - great views of the surf and sunset. The Rick's Reef (larger restaurant elsewhere in town) tiki hut had a nice location adjacent to the pool and beach, and (when open) provided great beach background music.The good-sized room with utensil & appliance-stocked kitchen was very appreciated, especially with a Publix grocery store within walking distance. See comment below about staying in a Gulf View Suite. It may not have been feasible, but having the bathroom next to the door would have been great for quick runs in from the pool/beach. Some places in the room could be touched up, but overall fit our expectations. During this July visit, we always had a parking slot, and could park next to the stairs up to our room. That convenience was great.

Room Tip: We booked a Superior Gulf View Suite and ended up in Room 202, furthest from the ocean. See the attached picture for the gulf view out the window. We ended up keeping the shades closed for our entire stay (not that we were in our room a lot), mainly because of the people walking by our room. While we were glad to be on the second floor, we would have had the same (fun) trip by staying in a same-size Efficiency w/o the view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stillmanroad
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel had a friendly staff, nice room for the money, and cute tiki bar by the pool right on the beach. Location is ideal and parking was free! We had a great stay and would definitely come again! Complimentary coozies upon leaving!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I’m happy you found us a good value and enjoyed our new tiki bar. Keep using the Plaza Beach coozies at home until you get back here to enjoy drinks on the beach. I hope to see you soon!

Robert Czyszczon