Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Palm Crest Resort Motel(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Miramar Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Bon Aire Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Hideaway Sands Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
  • Pool
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
Dolphin Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
View Hotel
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewsmichael fabianthe main hoteldon cesarthe shuttle driverwasher dryerfull kitchenfree shuttlehard workerliving rooman umbrelladining tablepull out couchpool barchairs and umbrellasping pongsister propertypool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I've stayed at the Don several times (even got married there) and the Beach House Suites previously. The rooms are definitely dated, though clean and spacious. They were painting the exterior during our trip so here's hoping room renovations are also on the agenda. I enjoy having a kitchen on vacation to keep food and make smaller meals/snacks so that's a huge plus for me.

The biggest change I noticed was now regular beach chairs have to be rented both here and at the Don. Considering they already charge a $22/day + tax resort fee, I find it to be a bit ridiculous and excessive a beach chair is no longer included in the rate. While down at the Don, we heard others complaining about the new rental rates as well. It made the pool uncomfortable since more people sit there now so the chairs are squeezed in tightly one on top of the other.

When going to St Pete, it was never a question - we'd always stay here or at the Don to revisit where we were married. Now that it seems like the properties are going in a different direction, we'll definitely be exploring other options for the next trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AK0620
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I had to stay here due to another hotel in St. Pete's messing up my reservation and them being overbooked. It was a Saturday in Ocober and a lot of places were sold out. I stumbled on this condo style gem. It was very spacious with a great ocean view. Clean- quiet- full kitchen- very comfortable bed. A great place to travel with as a family or group. Suites were very spacious. Two bathrooms! A lot for one person. The only bummer is that they charge you for beach chairs/cabanas. This should be complimentary as it is at most other resorts. You are traveling and in most cases flying. You can't haul these necessities with you. Good location- lots of restaurants and shops in walking distance. A good place to get away.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean front if you are on vacation!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Floweroflife412
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed here for a wedding with my husband and two other couples. When I booked, I told the employee how many people were planning to stay in our room, and she said she would book us a two bedroom room suite - two bedrooms and a pull out couch. Turns out, the entire hoel only has one bedroom rooms, no two bedrooms at all. We were given a room with one bedroom and two pull out couches. The suite was EXTREMELY dusy; we could see a cloud of dust rise when we put a suitcase on the mattress, and when we used the toster, a burning smell filled the room for the remainder of the stay because of the amount of dust built up inside. All three mattresses had numerous broken springs and were uncomfortable to sleep on. The balcony had no privacy - we could see right into our neighbors' rooms, and they could see into ours. One of the two showers was not working (no water came out at all), and when I told the employees at the front desk, they seemed unconcerned, and the shower was not fixed during our stay. This hotel was definitly not worth the money at all. I expect much more both from the amount we paid, and the Don Cesar name.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel!!!
2  Thank GulfGator
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed there for my Birthday Weekend. Staff friendly and was upgraded twice, pleasant surprise. Beautiful view of Gulf. Nice sized suite with full kitchen. Large Balcony to sit on and view the sunset.

Room Tip: Rooms that are labeled XX01-XX03 are front facing the Gulf. Thsi is the section I stayed in.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Supervisor at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Patrickl65,

Thank you for your kind words. I am very glad our team was able to make your Birthday more memorable. We look forward to seeing you for your birthday celebration this year!!

-Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We are currently staying at the Beach House. It is our second trip to this property. We chose it because it takes pets (we have 7-lb dog), has fantastic beach access and views, has kitchen and "2" baths per room (more like a condo), and close proximity to pool from our room. VERY clean. We booked 2 rooms for 1-week plus.

Two persons in our party are in wheelchairs/scooters. The staff was very accommodating to actually build a mini-ramp at the door to make it easier for the power-scooter to get over the threshold. Susan and staff (esp bartender Cari and pool steward Patrick) were responsive and quick to any question or request we had. they will bring you ice or extra cooking pans, blender, etc (you just have to ask) and have a mini-grocer on site.

Such a great location! We only had to look out of our gulf-front view to see the sunset each night. so lovely!

Kitchen worked great - oven heated accurate, dishwasher and fridge w icemaker, even washer/dryer in unit. All worked great.

With so many pluses - why oh! why! doesnt someone take pride in the terribly worn furniture? It is beyond outdated! The cushions sag on the sofas (2 per room) - we could not sit on the sofa with any degree of comfort - even after doubling the cushions for more comfort. Mattress also needs to be replaced (sags). come on folks! Make this property live up to its name!

Room Tip: view of sunset from gulf-front room - worth the extra
3  Thank oscarsmama45