“Great Place on St. Pete Beach”

Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Kentucky
“Great Place on St. Pete Beach”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My family and I have been making trips to the Beach House Suites (with other families) for over 16 years. Sometimes twice a year!! Our family finds this property to be far above the typical beach front properties with a staff that goes beyond to ensure guests have a perfect visit. We have never had an issue that was not immediately addressed by management upon notifying them of the problem.

We are currently here for ten days and appreciate all the changes that have been made since last October. Don't be confused - this property is not like the main resort ( exclusive decorating), and that's why we choose to stay at the Beach House. We are regulars at the main resort restaurants, pools and spa, but enjoy the more laid back, family friendly atmosphere of the Beach House.

I have always paid more than the previous reviewer and have never felt as though I have been ripped off. I have stayed in 5 star resorts all over the country with some of the most prestigious addresses. Yes, those facilities may be a bit more glitzy - but you will never find a more caring staff and management than the Beach House Staff. They want you to have a great visit and I have found they will go to great lengths to make their guests happy.

The Beach House is a hidden treasure and I am sorry that the previous reviewers were not willing to allow management to address their concerns before making such negative comments about a place my family and friends consider home away from home! Great Place and Great Staff!!

Room Tip: We prefer the two bathroom suites!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank IUFUND
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Supervisor at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear IUFUND,

Thank you for your great compliments. I feel that one of the highest compliments a hotel can recieve is a repeat guest!

Here at the Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, we truly do take pride in the great customer service our crew provides, and I am thrilled that you and your family have always felt welcomed and like you were a part of our family.

As always, we look forward to seeing you again!

Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My first awful experience with an on-line booking. I consider myself a somewhat seasoned traveler, and my expectations are realistic. Unfortunately, I booked this on-line and prepaid to take advantage of a "deal" - a discounted price at $159 (before taxes and fees). When I arrived and saw the condition of the hotel and the suite, I immediately began making phone calls to see what I could do to cancel my reservation. Unfortunately, nothing could be done. But the hotel put me in an upgraded room - which was basically the same room but a little more square footage. The room was dingy and dated. Stained carpets, dusty fixtures, dated appliances and furniture. The web site boasts a "well equipped" kitchen. Since when is a table setting for four, five utensils and a mis-matched flatware set "well equipped"? The sliding door to the balcony had a broken lock and balconies were close enough to each other and to the stairwell that this presents a serious safety/security hazard. And they have the nerve to charge a $22.00 per day per room "resort fee" for the privilege of parking on the property and a shuttle service to the Don CeSar (which isn't worth the drive). They say the $22.00 resort fee covers "complimentary" shuttle and "complimentary" parking. Hey, fools, if it's complimentary, that means you DON'T PAY FOR IT. I would recommend this to no one. Ever. Wish I had seen HarleyRiderFlorida and kyreview4u's reviews before I went. Listen to them - they speak the truth. The Beach House Suites web site does not.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marianne B
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Desk Supervisor at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Dear Marianne B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It seems we fell short of your expectations during your visit. I would like the opportunity discuss your stay with you personally. Please feel free to contact me directly.

-Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor
Ocean City maryland
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed in a one bedroom two bath suite. Clean rooms but could uses some updating, carpet, beds on pull out. Nice view of beach and volleyball nets. Can be a little loud for the undertow bar is next door and weekends party people.

Room Tip: We had second floor overlooking pool and beach. There is nice area for walking dogs too. They allo...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank maryriceoc
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Supervisor at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Dear Mary R,

Thank you for your review!

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us on your recent trip to St. Pete Beach!

I agree that the views are a highlight of the property, where all of our suites have a view of the Gulf of Mexico. After all, that's why you come to St. Pete Beach in the first place!

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

- Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 29 January 2013

My girlfriend wanted to surprise me with a hotel on the beach for my 50th birthday, A beautiful room, breakfast in bed and a day at the beach. She called the Don Cesar who told her they were booked but right next door is their "sister" location called the beach suites. She told them it about her special plans for me & they told her don't worry its everything you are looking for...........WRONG!!!!
We checked in only to find out there is no food on site so her idea of breakfast in bed was out and believe it or not the girl at the front desk said we could either go to the Don or have the breakfast delivered to our room at the suites but " if you order something hot it might not be so hot when it arrives.
We went into our room which is a good size and is right on St Pete beach which is beautiful but the first thing we noticed was the garbage can in the middle of the kitchen floor with someone else's garbage in it along with some of whatever was in the garbage can in spots on the floor throughout the room. This "sister" hotel to the Don Cesar is a converted condo which hasnt been updated since the 90's. the rooms have a kind of a sticky feel to them, they are stained in various places and plain DIRTY! Now I can understand a room on the beach with a pool that has been around awhile for 69 dollars a night ...no big deal. this room was about $250 and frankly was a dump. Don't waste your time or money on this place until it is totally renovated. If your going to spend the money go to the Tradewinds. Loews Hotels should be ASHAMED of themselves for associating this hotel with the Don Cesar. They offered to move us to a different room which we did only to find out by a type written note on the kitchen counter that they were having work done to the elevator & there might be some jack hammering & possible power outages. We were then transferred to a woman named Adrian at the Don Cesar who offered us a room at the Don which is what we wanted in the first place but my girlfriend was so pissed as we had been there an hour and a half & still hadn't had a room. We just went home where we KNOW it is clean. We aren't being whiners, but when you pay for a nice room you should get one, Additionally the staff might try honesty instead of just trying to fill rooms. [--] Don Cesar, Don Cesar Beach Suites & Loews hotels! My girlfriend was trying to do something special for my 50th birthday which she explained in detail and not only did you fail, your word was plain BUNK!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank HarleyRiderFlorida
BeachHouseMgmt, Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear HarleyRiderFlorida,

We always feel it is an honor when guests choose to celebrate here with us, and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback about your stay is very valuable to us and your experience has been communicated with the Hotel Management Team as well as the Loews Management team.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay further with you, please feel free to contact me personally.

Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor
kentucky
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Although Don Cesar name all over the marketing information for Beach House, and pictures of The Don wherever you turn, this place worse than 1 star motel. In our tiny 1 bedroom "premium" unit, laminate on kitchen counters chipped with cigarette burns, entry hall table rusted & stained tile below it, dilapidated living room furniture, "cultured marble" bathroom counters with blue bath tiles from 1980's or before, rusted shower rod, hairs on bathroom floor upon checkin, rough & stained bath towels, tattered bath mat, stained bedspreads, dirty carpet, some days room not cleaned without explanation (although we were out of room for 8 hours during day), and even after room "serviced" everything felt sticky & dirty. Have stayed @ The Don Cesar Hotel on 3 occasions & expected similar @ Beach House for price we paid but royally disappointed with our Christmas break stay. Won't be back anytime soon.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank kyreview4u
Dear kyreview4u,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is very disappointing to hear about the inconveniences you experienced with your room being serviced. We pride ourselves on service excellence and cleanliness, and this is not the level of service you should have received during your stay. Your feedback is very valuable and your experience has been shared with our Hotel Manager and Director of Housekeeping to review.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me directly. I am happy to help!

- Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor
Rocky Mount, Missouri
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This is a seriously wonderful place. For the last 25 years I have stayed at this property and it just keeps getting better and better. In my experience this is unusual. Most places go downhill sooner or later. Not the reef on the beach.
I will,come back here for 25 more years

Room Tip: Spend the extra for ocean view Worth every penny
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa F
BeachHouseMgmt, Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Lisa, Thank you for your kind words. Even more, we thank you for being a repeat guest - this is the biggest compliment anyone can pay us and we sincerely thank you.
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

If you book here, don't expect it to be anything like the Don Cesar! It may be painted in a similar fashion, but this is no Pink Palace! The rooms are like mini condos with a full kitchen, nice sized living room and a furnished balcony with a fantastic view if the beach and the sunset. However, these places have not been renovated since they were built in the early 1990's, so if you are expecting luxurious appointments like those you would find at the Don, you will want to run screaming from the place as soon as you open the door. No fine linens or granite countertops here! From the old tile, antiquated bathrooms to the worn carpet in the living room, this place needs a facelift! Service? No such thing here! Not even a cart or someone to assist with luggage. In the photos, it looks like they have king sized beds in the suites, but ours was a double or queen with a scratchy old fashioned bed spread one would expect to find in a cheap motel. This is a really great location and it needs some serious TLC from the ownership or they should consider dropping the Don from it's name. If your traveling with a family and need to cook meals in to save money on your trip, I can see booking this place ... as long as you know what you are in for!

• Stayed January 2013