Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$214
Alden Suites
US$156
US$184
US$123
Agoda.com
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$206
US$168
US$277
  • Pool
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$352
US$196
Hotels.com
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$186
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$180
US$147
US$144
Hotels.com
All reviewsmichael fabianthe main hoteldon cesarthe shuttle driverwasher dryerfull kitchenfree shuttlehard workerliving rooman umbrelladining tablepull out couchpool barchairs and umbrellasping pongsister propertypool side
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The Don Cesar and Loews should strip their name from this hotel. I stayed in a one bedroom unit that had more wear and tear on it than a major hotel town should allow. I actually checked out one day early. My hot water lasted MAYBE 5 minutes for a shower. When I went to check out the front desk attendant still charged me $22 for a resort fee even after I mentioned I had no water. She said she would have someone check it out. Don't expect a fully stocked kitchen either . There were some plates, knives and forks but not even a pair of scissors. This location is no better than any other two store on the hotel and the staff clearly doesn't know what service is.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank bigappletraveller
BeachHouseMgmt, Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear bigappletraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is truly disappointing to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me directly. I am always happy to help!

Karalyn Frady

Reviewed 9 March 2013

My family and I have been making trips to the Beach House Suites (with other families) for over 16 years. Sometimes twice a year!! Our family finds this property to be far above the typical beach front properties with a staff that goes beyond to ensure guests have a perfect visit. We have never had an issue that was not immediately addressed by management upon notifying them of the problem.

We are currently here for ten days and appreciate all the changes that have been made since last October. Don't be confused - this property is not like the main resort ( exclusive decorating), and that's why we choose to stay at the Beach House. We are regulars at the main resort restaurants, pools and spa, but enjoy the more laid back, family friendly atmosphere of the Beach House.

I have always paid more than the previous reviewer and have never felt as though I have been ripped off. I have stayed in 5 star resorts all over the country with some of the most prestigious addresses. Yes, those facilities may be a bit more glitzy - but you will never find a more caring staff and management than the Beach House Staff. They want you to have a great visit and I have found they will go to great lengths to make their guests happy.

The Beach House is a hidden treasure and I am sorry that the previous reviewers were not willing to allow management to address their concerns before making such negative comments about a place my family and friends consider home away from home! Great Place and Great Staff!!

Room Tip: We prefer the two bathroom suites!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank IUFUND
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Supervisor at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear IUFUND,

Thank you for your great compliments. I feel that one of the highest compliments a hotel can recieve is a repeat guest!

Here at the Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, we truly do take pride in the great customer service our crew provides, and I am thrilled that you and your family have always felt welcomed and like you were a part of our family.

As always, we look forward to seeing you again!

Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 27 February 2013

My first awful experience with an on-line booking. I consider myself a somewhat seasoned traveler, and my expectations are realistic. Unfortunately, I booked this on-line and prepaid to take advantage of a "deal" - a discounted price at $159 (before taxes and fees). When I arrived and saw the condition of the hotel and the suite, I immediately began making phone calls to see what I could do to cancel my reservation. Unfortunately, nothing could be done. But the hotel put me in an upgraded room - which was basically the same room but a little more square footage. The room was dingy and dated. Stained carpets, dusty fixtures, dated appliances and furniture. The web site boasts a "well equipped" kitchen. Since when is a table setting for four, five utensils and a mis-matched flatware set "well equipped"? The sliding door to the balcony had a broken lock and balconies were close enough to each other and to the stairwell that this presents a serious safety/security hazard. And they have the nerve to charge a $22.00 per day per room "resort fee" for the privilege of parking on the property and a shuttle service to the Don CeSar (which isn't worth the drive). They say the $22.00 resort fee covers "complimentary" shuttle and "complimentary" parking. Hey, fools, if it's complimentary, that means you DON'T PAY FOR IT. I would recommend this to no one. Ever. Wish I had seen HarleyRiderFlorida and kyreview4u's reviews before I went. Listen to them - they speak the truth. The Beach House Suites web site does not.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marianne B
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Desk Supervisor at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Marianne B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It seems we fell short of your expectations during your visit. I would like the opportunity discuss your stay with you personally. Please feel free to contact me directly.

-Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed in a one bedroom two bath suite. Clean rooms but could uses some updating, carpet, beds on pull out. Nice view of beach and volleyball nets. Can be a little loud for the undertow bar is next door and weekends party people.

Room Tip: We had second floor overlooking pool and beach. There is nice area for walking dogs too. They allow pets in some rooms. They also have kids play area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank maryriceoc
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Supervisor at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Mary R,

Thank you for your review!

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us on your recent trip to St. Pete Beach!

I agree that the views are a highlight of the property, where all of our suites have a view of the Gulf of Mexico. After all, that's why you come to St. Pete Beach in the first place!

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

- Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 29 January 2013

My girlfriend wanted to surprise me with a hotel on the beach for my 50th birthday, A beautiful room, breakfast in bed and a day at the beach. She called the Don Cesar who told her they were booked but right next door is their "sister" location called the beach suites. She told them it about her special plans for me & they told her don't worry its everything you are looking for...........WRONG!!!!
We checked in only to find out there is no food on site so her idea of breakfast in bed was out and believe it or not the girl at the front desk said we could either go to the Don or have the breakfast delivered to our room at the suites but " if you order something hot it might not be so hot when it arrives.
We went into our room which is a good size and is right on St Pete beach which is beautiful but the first thing we noticed was the garbage can in the middle of the kitchen floor with someone else's garbage in it along with some of whatever was in the garbage can in spots on the floor throughout the room. This "sister" hotel to the Don Cesar is a converted condo which hasnt been updated since the 90's. the rooms have a kind of a sticky feel to them, they are stained in various places and plain DIRTY! Now I can understand a room on the beach with a pool that has been around awhile for 69 dollars a night ...no big deal. this room was about $250 and frankly was a dump. Don't waste your time or money on this place until it is totally renovated. If your going to spend the money go to the Tradewinds. Loews Hotels should be ASHAMED of themselves for associating this hotel with the Don Cesar. They offered to move us to a different room which we did only to find out by a type written note on the kitchen counter that they were having work done to the elevator & there might be some jack hammering & possible power outages. We were then transferred to a woman named Adrian at the Don Cesar who offered us a room at the Don which is what we wanted in the first place but my girlfriend was so pissed as we had been there an hour and a half & still hadn't had a room. We just went home where we KNOW it is clean. We aren't being whiners, but when you pay for a nice room you should get one, Additionally the staff might try honesty instead of just trying to fill rooms. [--] Don Cesar, Don Cesar Beach Suites & Loews hotels! My girlfriend was trying to do something special for my 50th birthday which she explained in detail and not only did you fail, your word was plain BUNK!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank HarleyRiderFlorida
BeachHouseMgmt, Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear HarleyRiderFlorida,

We always feel it is an honor when guests choose to celebrate here with us, and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback about your stay is very valuable to us and your experience has been communicated with the Hotel Management Team as well as the Loews Management team.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay further with you, please feel free to contact me personally.

Karalyn Frady, Front Office Supervisor