“Great Family Spot”

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
St. Petersburg , Florida, United States
“Great Family Spot”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is our second stay at the Beach Suites, and let me say what it is and what it is not. It is a fantastic spot for families, with very large suites that have good sized kitchens and patios. The two bathrooms are perfect for families with nice privacy in the bedroom, and the in-suite laundry makes a smaller bag possible. I love the grounds, and the staff is exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Your resort fee includes all access to the Don which is right down the beach, and while we love to pop over now and again, I actually prefer the relaxation the Beach Suites offer. What it is not is a luxurious hotel. You are paying for the spot, for the service, and for the access to the main hotel. If you need a hotel that was renovated 15 minutes ago and feels like you're on Miami Beach, this is not the spot for you. But if you want a great location for an extended vacation on one of the best beaches in Florida, make this your place. We love it, and will be going back again and again.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are awesome, but the views seem to be good from anywhere.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill A
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Bill A,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for The Beach House Suites by the Don CeSar on TripAdvisor.

I am glad your family had a chance to come back to the beautiful St.Pete Beach community for a family trip. It is great that our guests can use all of the amenities at the Don, but I agree with you, we are a great hotel to relax at. We are a smaller property, compared to some of the other Hotels on St.Pete Beach, and we do not get the crowds like some of the larger hotels. The size and amenities in our rooms (like the washer/dryer you stated as well as our full kitchens) and our great pool and beach access offer guests the chance to have fun in the sun and a great place to relax and cool off in the spacious suites.
I look forward to seeing you during your next family St.Pete Beach vacation!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is our third year staying at this property. During our previous visits we observed other people staying here and at the Don Cesar hotel with their dogs and thought that was nice. We had our family dog pass away a couple of summers ago and got 2 small non-allergy puppies a little over a year ago. We thought it would be nice to take our dogs here this year. When we made our reservations back in March we read all of their policies and fees; fees were minimal and it sounded like this would be a good option for places directly on the beach and scheduled close to 2 weeks with direct gulf view. I am sure all of you know how expensive this can be but we treat ourselves once a year. Upon arrival, it was announced to us that they had a new policy and were going to be charged a much higher fee than originally quoted which would have been equivalent to nearly three nights of staying here. When I went to their website I could not locate the fee; after much digging, I could locate the fee. It seems like the policies are ever changing and difficult if not impossible to locate on the website and appears they are updated as they go. It took most of our first day of vacation debating this fee issue. If you look at how 'pet friendly' Don Cesar is on its website, we did not experience any of this. As a matter of fact, they did not have plastic bags in the dog receptacles until we said something and that only seemed to last for a day or so. Also, we tried to be considerate to the housekeeping staff- we took our dogs out of the room the first 2-3 days of our stay until they got used to the fact that we had them in our unit.(We have 2 dogs about 20 lbs who stay in kennels in the room. We also informed the manager of the hotel that they had been through obedience training upon arrival.) We would take the dogs for several hours and would let housekeeping know we were leaving with them upon our departure. When we returned several hours later, no one from housekeeping had done anything with our unit. When one person from housekeeping finally arrived, she said she preferred if we took the dogs out of the unit(again, they were in kennels and were well behaved!) So, we left again! We could not get a specific time of when they would arrive on a daily basis. One person from housekeeping was friendly and she said she did not have a problem with the dogs being there so we did not think it was a problem so the next day we were leaving for a couple of hours we told the housekeeping person on our floor that we were leaving and requested for our unit to be done. In the meantime, we returned after the 2 hours and the room had not been touched. We took the dogs away, which the housekeeping person witnessed. Upon returning, still nothing. We finally decided to call the front desk and were told there was a 'policy' that the dogs could not be in the unit in order for housekeeping to service the room-the first time we heard of this policy after being here for 8 nights. So we had to take the dogs out again for about 1&1/2 hours. We did not feel like we could relax and felt like we were accommodating the staff to get our room done.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PattyL61
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear P L,

I would like to start by saying thank you for taking the time to review the Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry that your experience was less than expected while you were here and I would love to have the chance to review your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at the Beach House Suites.

Again, thank you for your time, we always appreicate the feedback.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is the 2nd year in a row we have organized a 'girl getaway' at the Beach House Suites. Originally we were booked at a hotel up the street but when the room was far from what was advertised we called up the Beach House Suites and they had 2 rooms left. Immediately we booked a room and were upgraded free of charge when we arrived upon check-in.

The reason we love this hidden little treasure is because it is quite, no many children and the beach is not crowded by a thousand people. We really like the benefit of having a driver, Dennis, provide transportation for us anywhere we decide to go. He remembered us from last year and is always professional and polite. We cannot say enough good things about this place and how nice it is to KNOW you will be taken care of.

Keep up the good work. Quality customer service is hard to find and we appreciate everyone's efforts at this property.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 13 August 2013

Dear JazzAtlanta,

One of the biggest compliments a hotel can receive is a repeat guest. I am truly happy you have found a great place for such an important event as a girl’s weekend!

At the Beach House Suites we work very hard to make sure every guest feels welcomed and appreciated. Our staff truly wants to make everyone’s vacation a dream vacation and I am glad you have had the chance to experience that.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. As always, we truly value the feedback. I look forward to seeing you next year for another fabulous and relaxing girl’s weekend!

Fairview Park, Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We just returned from a stay at the Beach House Suites. Although the property may not be as "posh" as the main hotel - this is the perfect place to sit back, relax, and enjoy family time. Our suite was roomy and comfortable - my only comment is that the bed/bedding needs to be improved (comforter constantly coming out of the duvet), and they need to have a full-size coffee maker (which is the only reason I didn't give it a "5"). It was so nice to have a full kitchen, though - stocked with most everything you need. One trip, right down the street to Publix to stock up - and you're not paying for eating out at restaurants every day. The pool is a great place to cool off and a few more steps and you're right on the beautiful beach. What sets this place apart though, is the wonderful staff. From the manager, Susan, to the desk staff, to the housekeeping/maintenance staff - everyone was so accommodating, friendly and wonderful. Bottom line - if you want the Don Cesar "upscale" experience - go to the main hotel. If you want a relaxing, fun, family destination - this is a much better choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Patti R
Dear Patti R,

Thank you for the kind words! Here at the Beach House Suites we take great pride in our customer service, and I am thrilled you got to experience that while you were here.
I am glad that you enjoyed time at both the pool and the beautiful beach. I think it is a great feature to be able to pick between the pool and beach, or have the ability to bounce between the two!

Every guest room at the Beach House Suites comes stocked with a full kitchen, and I am glad you enjoyed that while you were here. St. Petersburg Beach has fabulous dining options but it is always nice to be able to cook a great meal or make a picnic for down at the beach.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Beach House Suites on Trip Advisor, we always truly appreciate to hear from our Guests. I look forward to seeing you on your next beach vacation!

Bellevue
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Best family beach vacation getaway we've ever had! Been there four times and it gets better ever time. All of the luxury and perks of the historic Don't Cesar Hotel (a short beach walk away from the Beach House Suites), but with a full size fully accomidating bedroom suite. Best oceanfront views and access on the beach. A must for families. HINT: Call the reservations number and reserve a beach front "King Suite". A little more expensive but well worth it for the patio views!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank David M
BeachHouseMgmt, Front Office Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear David M,

Thank you for taking time to review the Beach House Suites by the Don CeSar on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to hear that you had a great time here at the Beach House with us. Being a resort on the beautiful St.Pete Beach, our views are hard to beat! People often ask what makes our resort special, and I truly feel it is that every room we have has a balcony and we are right ontop of the beach over looking the Gulf of Mexico!!

I am glad that your family had a blast, and we can't wait to see you for your fourth year of making great family memories!

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Missouri
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This review is going to be honestly written about our recent stay at Beach House Suites. I read all of the Tripadvisor reviews, and chose this hotel mainly because of the view, AND the fact that pets are welcome.First, let me say, if you are looking for a swanky, fancy-pants hotel on the beach, THIS IS NOT IT. However, if you are looking for a spacious well-equipped, view from the balcony" to die for" hotel, you have found your haven. NO, the room isn't fancy. . YES, the carpets need to be replaced. YES, the room needs to be updated....BADLY. HOWEVER, the view is amazing. The patio is huge. The kitchen has everything you need. There is a washer/dryer combo in the bathroom ( we did all of our college student's laundry). Good water pressure in the shower. Dishwasher. Bed was comfy, and the sheets were clean. The walls are thick and well insulated. GREAT and easy access to beach, and pool, and QUIET pool bar. Did I mention the view?......if you are headed to the beach to actually spend time at the beach, this is your place. If you want room service, valet parking and fancy-pants, find another hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor......I would recommend.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank soccerknitter
BeachHouseMgmt, Manager at Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Dear Soccerknitter,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for The Beach House Suites by the Don CeSar. I would like to say thank you for giving the Beach House a chance to be your hotel on your recent vacation.
I truly feel one of the greatest assets, if not the greatest, is the beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico from the rooms and at the pool. We are truly in a great location for a fantastic beach vacation or weekend getaway.
It is true we are a very casual beach hotel, but the size of our rooms, amenities offered in the rooms, and the views to the beach make us a very unique hotel on St.Pete Beach, FL.
I look forward to your next stay at the Beach House Suites!
Front Office Supervisor
Tampa
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have to say I was disappointed. The attention to detail definitely did not translate from the main hotel. While I understand this is geared more towards the family condo style with kitchen, washer and dryer, etc I do not believe the attention to detail should have been sacrificed. Here are just some of the major differences....#1) Main Hotel - pool area was ready to go by the time I went down there here at the Beach House It was already 10:30 and the chairs were not set up, water (which definitely not prepared with the attention to detail as at the main hotel) was not set out and the towels provided were dingy and some stained,
#2) Beach House - I ordered food from the Cabana and the hot dog bun appeared to have been there for some time as it was very hard, 3) Brochure says there is complimentary newspaper service but I never saw one, 4) the furniture did not appear very clean with some of the pillows actually torn, 5) the patio furniture was not very clean with some of the straps missing 6) the bedding (blankets, sheets, etc) DEFINITELY did not have the same feel as the main hotel. While I appreciate that this is more a relaxed atmosphere it should not mean lower quality. I will give them another chance and hope for the best.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lolita F
Dear Lolita F,

I would like to start with saying thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at The Beach House Suites by the Don Cesar.

I am truly disappointed at the experience you had while staying with us. I would like the opportunity to discuss with you, in more detail, your stay. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel, I am always happy to help.

Front Office Supervisor