“Great three weeks”

GreenLeadersGold level
Zgierz
“Great three weeks”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We spent 3 weeks in the "exec suite" in Bayview, and boy was that the best vacation stay we've ever had. The hotel itself may be no Ritz, but that is the beauty of it, the, guess what, bay view through the panoramic window on the upper floor every morning was something to die for, the suite was very spacious for a family of three to feel like at home, rather than in a stencil-made abide. The beach (and another, larger swimming pool next to it, at the Plaza Beach Hotel) is really close, easily accessed and very nice - broad, well maintained and clean.

The staff and owners made sure all our needs were met, a blown lightbulb was replaced pretty much immediately, and the room was kept tidy each day by very nice ladies.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank esuotfartete
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Thank you your wonderful review. You stayed in our Penthouse Suite the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, that room is definitely the best room in the hotel. You were here in October, the first week of November we completely renovated the Penthouse Suite room as part of our 2011 hotel renovation. It looks Amazing now, if you loved it than, you’ll love it even more now.

I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities from our two sister properties, the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort and the Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort. I will share your wonderful comments with our staff and housekeepers who kept you room tidy every day. Also, thank you for sharing your photos.

Welcome to our extend family. I look forward to seeing you back in the near future for another visit and to see the newly renovated Penthouse Suite.

General Manager/Owner
Plaza Beach Resorts
Family Owned and Operated Since 1988

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Foley, Alabama
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed 9-23 9-25 September and It's an o.k. little place. The rooms were clean but small and housekeeping took our trash can so we didnt have anywhere to put our trash. Our room did have a small kitchenette but if you are going to use it be sure to take your own salt and pepper or anything else you might need because it's not provided. Overall it was o.k. and you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms by the ice maker!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure hosting you and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt that you got your money’s worth.
All the rooms do have full kitchens with glass-top ranges, microwaves, coffee makers, toasters, pots, pans and all the utensils need to prepare a meal. We unfortunately do not provide condiments like salt, pepper, sugar or spice’s to prepare the meals.
We do have great housekeepers that service the rooms daily, they will take out your trash, replace your towels, make your beds, and provide you with any additional services.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next stay.

Owner/General Manager
Plaza Resorts – St Pete Beach
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We were getting together with other family members. Booked this online and didn't really know what to expect but the main requisite was that it be on Gulf Blvd. When we read the reviews that expounded the cleanliness of the units we felt reassured that it would serve our purpose since it was such a short visit. However, we were pleased with accommodations and will not only make future reservations there but will also refer other family members. The location was perfect for our needs and we wished we had had more time to visit places like Fort DeSoto and the local winery, etc. Enjoyed the view of the bay and wildlife. We also really appreciated the complimentary upgrade.

Room Tip: Top (2nd) floor great for views (but not for handicapped). Stairs rather steep.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Thank you for very much for your review. I am very happy to hear that you were Pleasantly Surprised with your room. All our rooms are Suites with full kitchenettes and have been completely renovated this year. We are always working on improving our properties through continuous upgrades. I am also happy that you saw our friendly wildlife at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, we always get lots of Brown Pelicans, Blue Herons, White Egrets, Herring Gull, and lots of other birds who’s names I don’t even know, but this is definitely a great place for bird watching. We also get many dolphins and manatees that frequent our property.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you back with your family and friends.

General Manager/Owner
Family Owned and Operated Since1988
Ontario
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed here the last week in August 2011, our second time returning to this hotel. It is a great location, everything is close from restaurants, fishing, entertainment...etc. The hotel has upgraded a lot of things. We had the same room as last year, but they modernized the kitchenette area. Also they added nighttime underwater lights to the fishing docks which was a bonus to us as we like to relax by the bay with our rods in the water. First night there we hooked a big fish about 20-30 pounds. It was caught on a debarbed hook, and we released it after catching. Went to the "Meet & Greet" at the Beach Plaza hotel across the street and had free wine or beer and lots of good conversations with other guests. It's a nice way to find out what others have done and recommend is worthwhile. We did book a nighttime shark fishing trip but was cancelled due to high winds assuming from Hurricane Irene. Disappointed, but in no way put out as we just relaxed by the pool, walked along the beach, went mini golfing, the list of things to do is endless. This hotel is by far the best place in St. Pete's and the only place we will stay when in that area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WannaBeAnIslandGirl
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We booked this hotel on the internet and were not disappointed. The room was fine although a little on the small side but it was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Good value for the price. Check in was at the main office about a block away but as we were travelling without a vehicle we were happily driven to our room by one of the staff in their own vehicle which was much appreciated.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tonycmariner
North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My husband did some major researching into where to stay in St. Pete Beach and the Plaza Beach Resorts came very highly rated on Trip Advisor. We chose to stay at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, because we wanted to be off the beach. We couldn't have asked for a better room. Top floor end unit, with a king bed and kitchenette. We had a great view of the waterway and woke to the sunrise every morning. One morning we even got to see manatees and dolphins on the bay. I loved the fact that this resort was more intimate, and we had use of all the beachfront amenities at Plaza Beach just a short walk down the street. A really nice touch was the beach umbrellas, and beach chairs that the Plaza Beach had available to use. You borrowed them on and honor code, and just returned them when you were done. We also enjoyed the "social hour" from 4-5. We will definitely return. The only bummer was having to leave after a short stay but we will definitely be back for a longer one! It was a great place for some well deserved R&R!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank liongrad
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Overall we would stay again. The pros: CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!! The air conditioner was fantasstic, ice cold! The resort is quaint and conveinently located. Parking was not an issue for us as it was for others but it is challenging to pull out on to Gulf Blvd due to the angle of the spots. Maybe if they were not angled, but whatever, no big deal, just gotta pay attention. It is more important that the place I am staying is clean opposed to some other things like parking. Here are the things that should be considered and can make it a bit confusing. Okay, when you look online to make a reservation, the website says that you are assigned a room size based on the number of people in your party. We selected a 1 BR DELUXE based on the photos because while reading the descriptions, they sound much like the 1BR but bigger and the photos show a different kitchen and 2 couches in the living room. What makes me mad is the fact that we were charged 10.00 per day extra per child, so 20 extra dollars per day. This should NOT BE! If I am paying for a larger room that sleeps 4-6 people, why do I have to pay extra for the kids. It clearly states that if you have overnight quests there is a 10.00 charge and if you have visitors there is a 7.00 charge so I wasnt prepared for an extra 20.00 daily charge for my kids since my room accomodated them and they were in my party of 4. Management told me that all accomodations are based on 2 people per room. In my opinion, they should not have charged me the 80.00 extra for the 4 days, I am still not happy and would like a refund for that. I could have booked the cheaper 1 bedroom in that case. So about the room, the photos are of one of their 1 BR deluxe floor plans but not the one we got. We got the room that looks just like the photos of the reguar 1 br. Explanation from management was that the difference was in the length of the kitchen and we got a 3 burner cook top rather than a 2 burner! Give me a break! If I would have known this, I would have booked the cheaper 1 BR opposed to the deluxe. Next thing, there is no oven! So, frozen pizzas for the kids or biscuts are out of the question. The doors to the room are a bit shoddy, you almost had to slam them shut to close them properly. In fact, we had a major potential catastrophe! We took our dog and when we left, we must not have secured the door and our dog got out!!! She wandered on to the busy road, thankfully another resident noticed her and saved her! I read a review that another guest complained of the door knobs too. But on a positive note, you could NOT tell that pets stayed here, it was that clean!! The resort advertises complete renovation, well the certainaly forgot the beds, our bed was very uncomfortable, you could feel every spring and it was quite rickety. I did complain to the office and they came right away to check it out, and did attend to it but that didnt change the fact that the mattresses are worn out, I definately needed my chiropractor when I got home. BUT, I would still stay here again because of the atmosphere! As long as the cleanliness and current conditions stay the same, I will be a loyal customer, I just wish I had known about how the extra charges factor in. I still say that I should get a refund for the extra charge for the kids based on all things considered. But now I know for next time how to book and what to expect. Overall, I had a great time, met some nice people. Oh, the fishing dock is great! My kids did get their tackle box stolen from them with about 200 dollars worth of tackle, but it was probabally some jerk that didnt have anything to do with the resort. I was sad though because my 11 year old left it on the dock and they had saved all their money from walking dogs in the Mississippi heat to buy their tackle. Lastly, the bathroom is small, especially the tub so if you are a large person, you might not be impressed. No big deal to us. Overall, I say this was a great vacation and we are more educated on how to make it even better next time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family