With my family coming to visit me in Florida, I need to pick a great place to go. Even though I live in Tallahassee and am closer to many other beaches, St. Pete Beach and Bayview Plaza or Bay Palms will be my destination. This will be my fifth year in a row spending my vacation at this awesome hotel. While the outside looks terribly small (and parking is indeed limited), the resort itself and the rooms are wonderful. The rooms are updated and clean. I have a German Shepherd who always goes on vacation with me and I travel with her large crate. Every room I have ever stayed in at Bayview is large enough for me to set the crate up and still have room to walk around (a task quite different in other hotels).
I truly can't do justice to this hotel. Having the kitchen and the ability to cook food is a great added benefit (although with the amazing Italian subshop next door I do not take advantage of cooking as often as I thought I might) and I feel as if I am staying at a condo on the bay instead of a hotel. The pool is overlooking the bay and is beautiful. The dock has plenty of chairs and is a beautiful place to spend a quite evening reading. For those who are traveling with pets, within walking distance is a great little dog park (and a playground for children) and the property itself has a small fenced in area with a picnic table. While the hotel isn't beach front, you have access to all the amenities at their beach front property. Since I'm usually with my dog (and spending my time at the most amazing dog beach in the world at Fort De Soto state park), I haven't utilized these amenities but they look like lots of fun. I have used the business center before (since I often have to bring work with me) and it is great to have you need to make a quick print. All of this has been a long way of saying that this is a great resort for a family and for pets! I only stayed the first time because I was having a difficult time finding a pet friendly hotel and I am now in love with this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated this year, Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort is an award-winning European style boutique waterfront resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Enjoy morning sunrises over the sparkling open water and breathtaking sunsets from the beach which is Only 200 feet away. Bayview Plaza is small by design and is great for couples and families wanting to relax in an intimate resort. All rooms are spacious studio apartments with Full Kitchens and rooms with Private Balconies are available. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Bayview Plaza has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier, great for fishing or docking your boat. The fish are plentiful and many times you will see Manatees and Dolphins that frequent our resort. The pool directly overlooks the Boca Ciega Bay and is perfect for cooling off while you soak up the sun. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2002. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants and shopping is just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. Also as a guest of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including: the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida