“Great Bay Front Pet Friendly Property”

Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Great Bay Front Pet Friendly Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

With my family coming to visit me in Florida, I need to pick a great place to go. Even though I live in Tallahassee and am closer to many other beaches, St. Pete Beach and Bayview Plaza or Bay Palms will be my destination. This will be my fifth year in a row spending my vacation at this awesome hotel. While the outside looks terribly small (and parking is indeed limited), the resort itself and the rooms are wonderful. The rooms are updated and clean. I have a German Shepherd who always goes on vacation with me and I travel with her large crate. Every room I have ever stayed in at Bayview is large enough for me to set the crate up and still have room to walk around (a task quite different in other hotels).

I truly can't do justice to this hotel. Having the kitchen and the ability to cook food is a great added benefit (although with the amazing Italian subshop next door I do not take advantage of cooking as often as I thought I might) and I feel as if I am staying at a condo on the bay instead of a hotel. The pool is overlooking the bay and is beautiful. The dock has plenty of chairs and is a beautiful place to spend a quite evening reading. For those who are traveling with pets, within walking distance is a great little dog park (and a playground for children) and the property itself has a small fenced in area with a picnic table. While the hotel isn't beach front, you have access to all the amenities at their beach front property. Since I'm usually with my dog (and spending my time at the most amazing dog beach in the world at Fort De Soto state park), I haven't utilized these amenities but they look like lots of fun. I have used the business center before (since I often have to bring work with me) and it is great to have you need to make a quick print. All of this has been a long way of saying that this is a great resort for a family and for pets! I only stayed the first time because I was having a difficult time finding a pet friendly hotel and I am now in love with this place!

Room Tip: I think the upgrade from the hotel room to one of the suites is worth the money.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

The outside of the building may look dated but the inside is extremely clean and updated. Layout of the efficiency was well done and bed were very comfortable. Beware of limited parking.

Room Tip: Speak to staff on phone...they are very friendly and will do their best to provide what you need.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carrie I
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Our 2nd trip to St Petes and we love this place. Fully equipped kitchen, beautiful rooms. CLEAN!!!!!!!! So close to the beach!~

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you for your quick, but to the point review. The Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach really is a great resort, very exclusive and private with only 7 Suites, and everything you need is in your suite. Also, thank you for highlighting our cleanliness. I'm happy to read that our hard work is evident.

I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach
"Traditions Start Here"
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed at the Bayview Plaza during Tropical Storm Debbie. We actually enjoyed the rain and wind and felt completely safe in our room. Having grown up about 1/4 mile from the resort, it took me back to days gone past. It is truly "Old Florida", but the rooms are modern and as nice as those in a five star resort. They were immaculate and had all the comforts of home. All that being said, the best part was the friendliness of the owner and staff, as well as the other guests. In one short week, we made friends and had a wonderful time sharing experiences. We switched rooms for a first floor room at Bay Palms and will return time and time again in the future. We travel with a kitty and it is rare for a motel to accept pets. The bayside resorts accept pets, realizing they are part of a family. Thank you so much for a great vacation.
Jon and Jean K

Room Tip: The rooms facing the bay provide you with a great view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We couldn't believe how lucky we got with this place!! An orbitz search to a perfect destination. Our bay front condo was beautiful! Walk out straight on the docks. Fishing in the evening...and even saw dolphins swim right up to us!! This family owned hotel was exactly that...family! Always friendly and looking to help. The beach was right across the street at the sister plaza. Not crowded at all!! And beautiful!! We are definitely coming back next year and requesting the same room!! Oh and bringing more people to share this experience!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank kcampbell6
Niles, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I made last minute arrangements to stay for four nights. From the first to last person I spoke with, service was professional and courteous. In addition, our flight was delayed one hour, and I phoned from the airport to let them know we would be late for check-in (as they are closed after 11:00 p.m.) To my surprise, upon arriving at 11:10 p.m. to pickup our room key in the late arrival box, a staff person was still there and invited me in to register. After a long delay in travel, it was a very welcoming experience. The room was recently renovated and done so very well. Housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning. The view of the bay was beautiful and the location is so convenient to St Pete Beach, as well as Pass-A-Grille and Tierra Verde/Fort DeSoto. Don't miss the opportunity to stay at a warm and inviting place. It's sure to make you relax and smile.

Room Tip: Free Wi-Fi; great location to St Pete Beach, Pass-A-Grille, Fort DeSoto
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Ridgedale, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and loved it. We were in St. Pete for my sisters wedding and the whole experience was great. We're planning on going back. We fished off the pier, the pool was comfortable, the room was clean, roomy and inviting. The entire staff was friendly and really took care of us.

Room Tip: The one bedroom was great for 2 adults and 2 young children. Kitchen and appliances were up to date.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family