“Everything as advertised”

GreenLeadersGold level
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Everything as advertised”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

In looking for a spring break getaway, we relied upon the reviews posted on TripAdvisor. This resort lives up to everything everyone else has written about it. It is a well maintained and immaculately clean hotel, in a beautiful setting. It is clear that the owners have reinvested profits in updating and perfecting this property. Its small number of rooms lent itself to a community atmosphere, where guests are friendly and intermingle. The staff was friendly, helpful, and anxious to make our stay enjoyable. It is a great place for couples, families, and people seeking some respite from the crowds at larger hotels. Access to the beachfront property provides the best of both worlds, on either side of Gulf Blvd. This was our first visit, but we will certainly return. It is one of the best hotels we've been in.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ronald T
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to research reviews and ultimately choosing to stay with us at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. Since we are family-owned and operated, we do take great pride in ensuring that our property is clean and comfortable for our guests. You really do get the best of both, with access to the beautiful Boca Ciega Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our “Stay at One Resort, Play at all Three Resorts” motto. Our staff and guests are all very friendly. We all look forward to seeing you again at one of our resorts. Welcome to our extended family!!!!

Plaza Beach Resorts
St Pete Beach, Florida
"Traditions Start Here"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Whitesboro, New York, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This was our second year at the Bayview. ( 2 senior woman!). It was wonderful- sitting on the deck and watching the pelicans pose for our pictures. We did see a dolphin once in the bay. The bay view was quiet and very relaxing but, if you cross the street, there was activity on the ocean beach. i walked every morning on the beach which was one of the highlights of the trip for me. There were several restaurants with all kinds of seafood. i look forward to this as many are not available where I was coming from. People were wonderful especially Norma who took care of our room both years. She was always very pleasant and helpful. Shelly and Eva at the front desk was also very helpful and friendly. We will look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank 678stella
Menomonie
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed for a week. Best part this motel is on the trolly line. Pool was not heated,which would have been nice.The kitchen area worked out ok, but ordering pizza in went well also. we were able to meet others staying there which was also good for us.

Room Tip: If there is just 2 of you be sure to get a King, room is larger and more room.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mluMpls_mn
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Two older gals stayed here for a long week-end in Februry 2013 and the entire experience was super. The management was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to help us navigate St. Pete Beach. Our room was very clean and with access to all three of their properties, it gave us options for either a bay or ocean experience. A St. Pete Beach Trolley stop was directly in front of our hotel, a super Italian bakery and restaurant next door, and a Walgreens across the street, making our stay without a car very comfortable and within walking/trolley distance to all of the sights. We will always remember our fun interaction with the other guests, most of whom have been returning to this same resort, year after year.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank ReginaPittsburghPa_
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We've stayed in four different places on St. Pete Beach and this has been our favorite by far. First of all, we stayed at the sister hotel called the Plaza View Resort Hotel which is right across the street one block down from the main hotel pictured here. It was absolutely adorable and we felt the location was even better than the beach front because directly behind our room was a beautiful intercoastal with a gorgeous patio area, gated doggie play area, multiple Tiki huts over picnic tables jutting out over the water at your disposal to use AND another swimming pool which was like having your own private pool and home across the street from the beach. I was traveling with just my 20 year old niece and we LOVED IT here. They even had adorable painted cut-outs to put your heads into to take pictures and huge chess sets to play with on the patio. One afternoon a Crane and a pelican both decided to perch themselves on the huge dock posts in front of us and groom themselves so we could take lots of pictures and video of them from a few feet away. Our room was also only $99 a night and had everything you could ask for, a kitchen area with microwave, pots, pans, coffee maker, a clean, nicely tiled bathroom and a flat screen TV which we never watched because there was so much else to do. An Italian bakery with fresh Kona coffee was right next door and probably the best restaurant in St. Pete called Gigi's was next to that which had everything from steaks to seafood to Italian food then next to that was a Walgreens for anything else you needed. Oh, and around the corner was a great bar with live music called The Drunken Clam or you could walk down the street to another open air bar right on the beach with two pool tables. Or you could walk over to the main hotel and use the warm heated pool or enjoy the 4:00 complimentary social hour with free cocktails and wait for the incredible views of the sunset on the beach in one of the colorful beach chairs or cabana chairs open to any guest to use. We ended up wishing we had spent our whole trip there instead of just the last couple of days (including going to my cousin's house in Clearwater!) If I didnt say the word adorable enough let me say it again-adorable. And perfect. I miss the soft white sand and warm weather already and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Jewelfires
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This was the second hotel we stayed at during our visit to Florida. We just loved it. We got a room facing the bay, with a little cute terrace where we sat in the evenings and had a drink. In the mornings we went out running on the beautiful beach and then returned home to our lovely hotel room and made breakfast in the small kitchenette. It wasn't the biggest place we stayed at in Florida but it was really nice. The staff at the hotel were lovely, the pool was big and the decor was cute with little dolphin statues here and there. Parking was free and so was the wifi. The room was really clean!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sussellen
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you for your Excellent review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort – St Pete Beach. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our BayFront with Balcony Suite. These rooms are available on the 1st floor or 2nd floor with sliding glass doors that overlooking the beautiful waterfront. I am glad that you utilized the balcony for evening drinks and breakfast. Great photos, and I love that picture of the heron, we get lots of wildlife at the Bayview Plaza.

I appreciate you visiting us all the way from Sweden, and I hope to see you again on your next trip back to the states.

Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach
Key West, Conch Republic
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Let me begin with this experience. On the second day of my visit here, my colleagues at a professional conference at another nearby resort talked about "going to my room," but I found myself saying "going home."

A day earlier I had arrived at my (simplest, cheapest available) room, opening a door to my "suite."

The first thing I notice was it smelled good -- not overly scented but clean, warm, inviting. I began to explore. Two double beds (yes, I tried them both out and found them very comfortable and supportive, and plenty of pillows of varying densities - I wrote home to my wife about the pillows because she is a critic of a lack of pillows in most more affordable motels), a full kitchen with full-size appliances, a dining area, a full closet, and a small but efficient bath finished in the best European-style fixtures. An extremely quiet air-conditioner was humming (not roaring like so many units) up, away, where it would not blow on me.

The second thing I notice was that the room was immaculate. Not just clean, but immaculate. (Thank you to Norma, the staff person who cleaned my room daily - she knew how to clean without disturbing my personal order I added to the spaces). Tile floor such a welcome change from (ugh) carpetting.

So, I settled in. Unpacked into the large dresser (hmmm, it didn't smell musty - someone had remembered to leave drawers open to air out!).

That night I realized how quiet the room was. Slept well. Really well. In the morning, plenty of hot water (YAY!), easily brewed my green tea (a well-provisioned kitchen with every utensil, cup, glass, and plate/bowl I could need), cleaned for the day, and went to my meetings. When I came home that night (yes, it felt like coming home), it was to something other than a sterile, same-old, run-of-the-mill hotel room.

Nearby was a 24 hour drug store, an awesome Italian bakery/coffee house, and the best Italian Restaurant on the beach. A short walk away was a Publix market. Everything was so nearby that my car did not move for my 5 day stay!

Now, I have to comment on this GREEN motel. This is this most supportive but non-intrusively green motel I have ever encountered. Every light is energy-saving, but there are enough of them that you are never in the dark. The various liquids(soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc) are in well-placed dispensers, not those annoying little bottled or tiny wrapped broken tablets. There are well-placed recycling bins. To be responsible is not a burden, but easy. Love it! And they actually do honor the model of only providing new towels/linens when requested (or you as tired as I am with putting towels on racks to re-use and find them replaced? Not here!)

And all of this at a fraction of the price of the "fancy" places in the neighborhood.

Can you tell I am happy to be here?

And I know someone will say "this has got to be an arranged review." No, nope. I was here for a Unitarian Universalist Ministers' International Institute. I am not going to lie about this. This has been one of the most pleasant motel stays I have had in years. (check out my other reviews and know that I am comparing this to international properties, or email me to know it is for real.)

It is not a fancy place (is your home fancy?) but I suspect if you live like I do this will feel like the right place away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms range in amenities and price -- choose what you want and it will be a bargain.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank RevRandy
I Love, Love, Love your Excellent and very detailed review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach. Just as I mentioned in my last review response, an Excellent review by someone who is as well-traveled as you really means a lot to me. Everything you said is spot on.
We really work hard to meet and exceed guest expectations and I am happy that we exceeded your exceptions. And just like the last Senior Contributor mentioned, you really get a lot for your buck, I’m glad you also mentioned it in a similar aspect, because we really are a fraction of many of the fancier named hotels on the beach. Our goal, what our entire staff strives for is to offer our guest excellent accommodations and service at a great value, and I’m glad we achieved this with you. Also Thank you so much for mentioning your housekeeper Norma, she really is an asset to our team.

Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit.

General Manger