My husband and I spent July 15-22 at this wonderful quiet family-oriented hotel. We usually like to book all-inclusive holidays to Cuba or Mexico when we vacation, but we thought we would like to try something different. We booked through Orbitz and got a really good deal on flight, hotel and rental car for one week. When we arrived at the hotel, we upgraded to a room (#724) on the second floor with balcony overlooking the intercoastal waterway and we were so glad we did. The bright and sunny room is like a small studio apartment with windows on 3 sides, a small kitchenette area, a queen bed, a bathroom with a shower (no tub), and a balcony. Everything was very clean and it was nice to have the shampoo and conditioner dispensers (next time we will know not to bring bottles of shampoo etc.!) The kitchen also has a dish detergent dispenser. It was so nice to sit on the balcony and have breakfast or relax with a glass of wine at night and watch the wildlife. The area is so peaceful. There is usually a big grey heron that hangs out on the dock and is not afraid of humans. We also saw a large white Egret(?). One afternoon, we also saw 2 dolphins frolicking in the water around the dock - so awesome! The Gulf beach is right across the road. We just walked through the Bonaire Motel to the beach and it took less than a minute. The beach is gorgeous - white sand like icing sugar on a very wide beach strip that stretches for what seems like miles in either direction. We drove up to Clearwater Beach (rated one of the best beaches in the U.S.) to check it out, but we actually liked St. Pete's Beach better (less crowded). The hotel staff are super friendly and always ready to help. Robert, the manager, was looking after some maintenance issues with a contractor at the Bayview Plaza on one of our last days there and while we were chatting with him about our stay, he phoned the front office and gave us an additional 2 hours as a late check-out on our last day (due to a 5 pm flight back to Canada) at no additional charge. We were allowed to use the main hotel pool and amenities (bathroom, beach towels) until we had to leave for the airport. Robert told us that the resort will doing some renovations this September and adding a tikki bar to the pool area at the main hotel, so that sounds like it will be really nice in the future. We will definitely come back! There are many restaurants along the Gulf Boulevard and if you check the restaurant ratings on Trip Advisor, they are pretty accurate in terms of what the locals recommend and what restaurants have the higher ratings. We tried Snappers for seafood (great, but pricey) and Beverley's La Croisette for breakfast (super!). As we had a rental car, we were able to drive a little farther and eat dinner at cheaper places like Olive Garden and Applebees. During our week there we did a seashelling tour to Shell Key. It leaves from the Passe Grille area and only costs $25 and you can stay as long as you like (2, 4, or 6 hrs). We found many gorgeous shells and sand dollars. Don't waste your money on the same tour through the St. Pete Parasail booth on the beach in front of the main hotel. We had initially booked a similar tour through them for $50, but it was (thankfully!) cancelled due to weather. Thanks to Robert and the staff at Bayview Plaza for a wonderful and relaxing week at their resort. We truly enjoyed our stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated this year, Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort is an award-winning European-style boutique waterfront resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. You can enjoy morning sunrises over the sparkling bay and then end your day with a breathtaking sunset on the beach, which is only 200 feet away. Bayview Plaza is small by design and is great for couples and families wanting to relax in an intimate resort. All rooms are spacious studio apartments with kitchenettes, some of which also have balconies with a full view of the bay. Best of all, we have NO surprise resort fees. Enjoy everything the Bayview Plaza has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier, great for fishing or docking your boat. The fish are plentiful and often you'll find yourself staring at one of Florida's amazing creatures like the manatees and dolphins that frequent our resort. The pool also directly overlooks the Boca Ciega Bay and is perfect for cooling off while you soak up the sun. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2002. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, and has a friendly staff ready to assist you with your authentic Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as Greenleaders Gold Award from TripAdvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resorts are directly in the center of the island. Everything is within walking distance: the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. The front desk staff is more than happy to help you find the many activities also available on the beach such as deep sea fishing, parasailing, jet skiing, dolphin cruises, sunset cruises and ferries available to visit the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney, Universal, and other Orlando theme parks. Try us and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. As a guest of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel including the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE beach chairs, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida