My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 relaxing days after travelling the east coast. We wanted somewhere we could really chill out, soak up the sun and purely relax after a busy few weeks. This place was perfect! It is a very small, personal, family run little place.
The location- Its across the road from the beach. A 2 minute walk. Beautiful. Its across the road from a Walgreens and a couple of blocks from a supermarket called Publix (somewhere to stock up the kitchenette for a reasonable price). Being unable to drive we didn't really venture down the boulevard much. The area directly by Bayview Plaza doesn't have too much going on (but we were only interested in the beach, really). But I do believe there is a bus service and also a beach taxi service that runs only on tips. If you wanted to be directly on top of somewhere lively, then maybe not here. But getting taxis may suit you.
Also - you have to check in at their reception which is down the road a little. Its not far, but if you don't drive and have a lot of luggage it can be hard in the heat!
The staff- SO lovely! We arrived super early, but the receptionist was so friendly and managed to speed up our check in for us. We left our luggage with them whilst we had breakfast in the IHOP down the road. When we came back we could check in :)
We took part in filming a testimonial video on our first afternoon. We said how lovely and relaxing the bay is! The staff were very lovely. We spoke to the manager and she gave us some tips on where to eat!
Another of the owners was barbecuing some fresh fish (there is a BBQ on the bay). He called up to our balcony to offer us some. He came up to deliver it to us! Two types of fish..it was delicious - and such a personal touch to our stay!!
Room- We had a room on the upper level (there are not many rooms at all) with a balcony. It had the road on one side..but the beautiful bay and sunrise on the other side made up for the road. It wouldnt be the ideal balcony for peaceful sunbathing spot however, because of the road. But for having our OJ in the morning out there in the morning, it was perfect.
The bed was very very comfortable!
Bathroom- After travelling, I had run out of shampoo/conditioner and because I was low on money and we were only there for 4 days, I decided to use the product provided by the hotel - an un-named product from a wall dispenser. I was dubious. Generic shampoos on the wall are usually really bad. But! It was lovely! I later spotted the cleaning ladies with big Tresemme bottles in their carts...much better than basic shampoo! Its little things that make a difference sometimes. Just an extra touch.
The location, the room and the staff...all served for a LOVELY trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated this year, Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort is an award-winning European style boutique waterfront resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Enjoy morning sunrises over the sparkling open water and breathtaking sunsets from the beach which is Only 200 feet away. Bayview Plaza is small by design and is great for couples and families wanting to relax in an intimate resort. All rooms are spacious studio apartments with Full Kitchens and rooms with Private Balconies are available. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Bayview Plaza has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier, great for fishing or docking your boat. The fish are plentiful and many times you will see Manatees and Dolphins that frequent our resort. The pool directly overlooks the Boca Ciega Bay and is perfect for cooling off while you soak up the sun. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2002. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants and shopping is just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. Also as a guest of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including: the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida