“Family vaction-Love Bayview”

GreenLeadersGold level
Duluth, Minnesota
“Family vaction-Love Bayview”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is my second stay at Bayview Plaza. I brought my two teenagers down last June. We loved it so much. I had to visit St. Pete Beach again and definitely stay at the Bayview Plaza! This time my husband joined us and agreed that I picked the best place to stay at St. Pete Beach.
Thanks to ELA, our room was spotless! I am very picky about cleanliness. My husband wanted to also thank Tony for being so kind to point out a great store to pick up food for grilling. They have two grills and are cleaned daily.We both agree Tony is a huge asset to Bayview.
The ladies at the counter are always sweet and helpful.
I can tell the owners truly care about their Resort. The grounds are very clean and well maintained! I originally chose the Bayview because of the colorful grounds and found that it was even better than I expected.
I loved the open areas to relax and it never felt over crowded.
The location is perfect for walking to stores and our favorite Italian bakery is right next door!
My husband forgot his beach towel, which was fine because they have them here to borrow.
Also the last time we stayed my kids forgot their room key and it started to rain, so the owner was so kind to drive them back to the room. That sold me too!

We miss Bayview already! We were also thrilled to see a Manatee on this trip!

Room Tip: all rooms are great.
Green Features: I also love the fact that the Bayview is a green hotel. There are recycling bins and they also provide shampoo/conditioner and dish soap in dispensers.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Hennesseyfrozen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was a perfect fit for our family. We had a nice room with a balcony overlooking the bay. It was nice and quiet. We had a great kitchen with a stove, fridge,toaster and coffee maker. A quick walk up the street there's a publix supermarket and dollar store. We ended up cooking in every night. We had 2 pull out couches and one big bed. There was a bar with 3 seats and a table with 4 chairs as well as seating on our balcony. Outside there is plenty of seating available and also grills if you wanted to bbq. There's a small pool on the bayside. If you cross the street there is a larger pool. There are laundry facilities. The staff were extremely helpful and nice. The location is great. The beach is right there. Nice bakery next door. Public transportation is available a quick walk up the street to many other beaches. There's also a playground up the street. From talking to other guests at the pool it seems like this is a hidden gem that people return to year after year.

Room Tip: Our family liked the bay side because it was more private
Green Features: They are very environmental friendly. They use shampoo,conditioner,dishes dispensers to cut down on plastic bottle waste.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa E
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed 8 April 2014

room was very clean--everybody very friendly, great location-was able to walk to all restaurants we wanted to go to,, liked that you could use amenities at beach front hotel, would stay there again. a good value

1 Thank jpf55
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for leaving a FIVE STAR review of your recent stay at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. It’s great that you took advantage of our “Stay at One, Play at All Three” policy and used the amenities at our beachfront property. I hope to see you here again soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Clean Rooms, Great Staff The rooms were very clean Bayview was very clean and nicely decorated, the people staff very Clean, updated bathroom excellent clean we see very good staff very friendly ELA she is very friendly person hard working staff

1 Thank mark z
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Bayview was very clean and nicely decorated, the people (across the street at the main hotel) were exceptionally nice but I have to admit to being somewhat dissapointed. The rooms were very small, and the main hotel was a block and a half away. My husband and I enjoyed the deck, he fished and I birdwatched but it is the hangout for the smokers which just spoiled it for me. If we were to go again I would definitely stay at the main hotel on the beach.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the water...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcushboy
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m happy you found your room very clean and that our staff was exceptional. We have a variety of rooms from studio efficiencies to large one and two bedroom suites, some with balconies and views. I apologize if people smoking near the docks bothered you. All of our rooms are non-smoking, but guests can smoke outdoors. Next time, let us know exactly what you are looking for and we will help you choose the right room at one of our properties. You booked this stay through a third party agent, so we encourage you to book directly so we can make note of your preferences.

New Orleans
Reviewed 25 March 2014

They got new mattresses the night we stayed (March 19,2014) so the bed was very nice.They have a happy hour from 4-5 pm but it is at the bigger hotel across the street and down from where we were. You have to run through stop lights. It was a very casual room. It would be nice if they had an actual bar. There was a table in the room where people sat and the beer was on tap, wine was in the jug. Not that, that was bad but I was expecting a bar. In the two hotels away from the main hotel, the offices were closed down so you even had to check in at the other hotel. The beach was on the side of the main hotel as well so if you don't want to have to go through traffic, have better parking and be on the beach side, I'd suggest staying there. The staff was very nice and helpful. Everything was clean. Parking was very limited where we were. Family drove us around so I was glad I didn't have to try backing out of the hotel with the busy traffic.

Room Tip: I'd stay in the main hotel on the beach side but I didn't know any better when I booked. Clo...
Green Features: They are very environmentally conscientious which was nice to see.
1 Thank Turi M
Horn Lake, Mississippi
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stopped here for one night...asked for a hotel room, but they didn't have any (really?) but they did have a resort room for twice the price. Ok. I'm tired. First thoughts...this isn't so bad. Clean, updated bathroom, small kitchen area with everything we would need for a night. However, upon laying on the bed...you have to be kidding me! That was the WORST bed I have EVER tried to sleep on, anywhere. I've traveled quite a bit, and without hesitation, this was THE worst bed we have ever had. A resort with this bed should be ashamed! It felt as if the sinkhole was fixed with cardboard and if you moved, it creaked and squeaked. The parking is very tight and limited, so don't drive a bigger vehicle. Outside by the marina, it is very nice and relaxing, if there aren't many people around. Overall, I'm just glad we didn't have to stay more than one night, especially for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Don't. Move on. No restaurant but not needed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for mentioning that the marina and dock area was nice and relaxing. You stayed in our Deluxe Efficiency Suite, which was only $20 more than the hotel room you wanted, but was sold out because this is our busiest season. We gave you a great deal considering you walked in without a reservation in the height of spring break. I would like to apologize about the bedding. As other reviewers mentioned, all of our mattresses have been replaced within the last few weeks, unfortunately just after your stay. I would welcome you back to give us another try. It seems you liked our resort overall and it will give you an opportunity to try out our new beds.