“Delightful place to stay”

Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Gainesville, FL
“Delightful place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Enjoyed a Wednesday-Sunday stay at the Tradewinds Resort, which spans two resort hotels that aren't connected. From either hotel, you have access to amenities at the other hotel, but it's a short hike or drive back and forth.

We found the staff to be wonderful, often spontaneously offering fresher towels or a special coffee drink, which was really nice.

(Several "free" services at the resort are covered by a $25 daily resort fee -- parking, tennis courts, towels, etc.)

Room Tip: If you plan to stay in the room a good bit, or have more than two people, some kind of upgrade would...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Beautiful beach, beautiful hotel and worlds best beachs that are not crowded close by you can't beat this location, hotel

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gillesa_9
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

Be warned do not stay here if you travel with family more than a couple of days. We had stayed here several years ago and decided to come back to visit beach. After we made reservations my wife said remember there was something we experienced and said we would never come back, to bad for me I remembered after we got there. Most of the reviews you will read are from locals that only stay very short periods of time. There is no modern conveniences Dishwashers, clothing washers / dryers, very small refrigerator, no oven, very small 2 top range. So my point is if you plan buying groceries to save eating cost forget it. Room was clean but very run down paint peeling off doors and walls, back door would not close without breaking your back. Showers had mold and chalking peeling off. Room was way over priced compared to nice condos at Clearwater or Panama City. The front desk staff, Perks, and cabana fellows where very nice to deal with everyone else acted as they wish they were not there, several employees told me how much they hated being there but because of economy had no choice and their actions supported that. The real issue I had their was, they seem to like to enter rooms with no notice because of people smoking. I base this statement because same thing happened to room above me and she was a smoker, they busted in her room at 1 am because they thought they smelled smoke but she was in bed sleeping according to her. First time daughter was getting dressed and person knocked and entered without any delay or time to get to door to open it, which terrified her as she was half dressed. My wife was afraid to tell me until next day. The next day I was in kitchen area and my wife was changing out of swimming suit and I heard her scream this time they entered with no knock. I am not a violent person but if would have got a hold of that guy he would have been in the hospital, but when he seen me coming he ran out like a little girl and I stopped to comfort wife instead of pursuing him. I went to front desk and basically told them if they entered my room again without knocking and ample time to answer that person would be hurt badly. After that there was 1 more time they came in but they did provide time to open door before entering.

Room Tip: Stay some where else
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jfchapman
Palm Harbor Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

Staying at the Sandpiper is the perfect getaway for relaxation. You have use of all the amenities at the Trade Winds Island Grand without the hustle and bustle of it. The beach is gorgeous and the suite had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The staff is hard working and very friendly and eager to please. I will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
MILAN,IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Had a great girls trip! Friendly and helpful service at front desk ... thanks James! Everything was perfect. The only thing I would mention is that if you have a car, bring a small one if you are planning to use the parking ramp. Small spaces and tight corners. Also, if your room is on the north side expect to hear the music from the neighboring bar all night. It didn't bother me, but if you are a light sleeper it will. Other then that, I have nothing bad to say. Clean, food good, helpful friendly staff from the check in, to cabana man, to house cleaning to gift shop clerk and security. Great views! I WILL be back!!

Room Tip: If your room is on the north side, expect to hear the music from the neighboring bar. They play late...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

we would refer the tradewinds to all our friends. The rooms and staff exceeded our expectations. We are returning to this hotel the next time we hit Fla. We would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2011
toronto, ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Our second time here; our room was lovely! The staff is friendly and courteous. The restaurants are great. We also visited Island sister property . The beach front was so great! I highly recommend this property to tourists!

Room Tip: The staff at front desk assisted our needs
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple