Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
Very Good 4/5
TradeWinds Island Grand Resort(St. Pete Beach)
  • Pool
Gulf Tides Inn(St. Pete Beach)
Excellent 5/5
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
Great 4.5/5
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Sundial Beach Motel(St. Pete Beach)
Average 3/5
2,942 results
All reviewsadult poolgulfside grillfamily poolsand barfish tanksister hotelrum fish grillbar next doorpaddle boatsgulf view suitethe trade windsstandard roomfire pitfront rowtoasted monkeygulf sidelive music
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2008

We have stayed at alot of places in Florida but none have been
as great as the Sandpiper in St. Pete's beach. Staff is very
friendly and goes out of the way for you. Beach is beautiful,
nice and clean. Rooms were excelent. Resort is one of the
best and location is perfect. So much to see and do in the
area. Adults only pool was fantastic. Kids have their own pool.
Continental breakfast was a plus, very convient and good
selection of breakfast items. We had a fantastic vacation at
the Sandpiper and plan on returning for another week during
Christmas.

Diane Craig

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 May 2008

Checked out of the Bilmar (don't waste your $$ there) and into this beautiful family-friendly resort. Continental breakfast included each morning, pools and grounds are exceptionally clean, friendly staff, room #6812 was perfect for our family of 5! Walked back and forth to the other (more expensive) Tradewinds property to take advantage of all activities! Pool side movie one night (GREASE) was fun, water trikes, paddle boats all included at either property...you get more for you money by staying at this one and walking on the beach over to the other one if you choose. Can't wait to go back - - NO COMPLAINTS!! I would highly recommend this property to all families.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2008

First of all, this is a nice hotel/resort. My wife and I visited this hotel from Saturday to Tuesday. We got off to a bit of a bad start the first day when we ordered drinks at the Sand Bar by the pool and found out that they would be $17.00 for two pina coladas. The service was slow, but it wasn't the bartenders fault as she was alone and business was brisk. We then decided that we would not be doing much drinking this vacation. Later, when we had lunch at Piper's Patio, we ordered a shrimp appetizer. What arrived was 5 deep fried shrimp on a paper plate, for 8 bucks. What really topped it off was how the waitress was arranging them on the plate as she carried them to our table. One good point for lunch was the Cuban sandwich, pretty good. My advice is skip the appetizer, and go for the sandwiches. Dinner was good. I had a steak and my wife had ribs. Not bad, but below what you might expect. Prices on dinner items were fair.
We had a garden view suite. It faced both the north and south sides of the resort. As far as the noise aspect, yes it was loud on Friday and Saturday nights. But as we had a suite the bedroom portion was somewhat shielded from the noise of the beach bars by the sitting area. The suite was pretty nice. Full kitchen, very nice bathroom with plenty of thick towels, a magnifying mirror women can use to put on makeup, and all was very nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. CD/alarm clock was something extra. The suite gets high marks from me.
The hotel is centrally located among several hotels and restaurants. If you don't mind walking next door for lunch, go over to the Howard Johnson's hotel right next door. There is a pool bar there where u can order sandwiches and enjoy a cold one right by the pool. Price was good and the burgers very good. It's geared to a younger and more of a party crowd, especially on the weekend. If you want to move farther away from the hotel to visit restaurants or attractions, I highly recommend Studio Transportation for helping us get around during our visit. They have an office in the sister property of the sandpiper, the Island Grande. Local trips in a chauffeur driven towncar were $5.00. A trip to the Clearwater Airport was $60.00. Seems a bit steep, but a taxi would have been $53.00. They showed up when scheduled and were very polite and friendly. If you want a phone number, contact me directly.
Pool areas were very nice, and the adult pool and hot tub area was great. There were many families with young kids there during our stay but we never saw any kids in the adults area. Adult pool area didn't have a view of the ocean though.
Overall, I liked the Sandpiper resort. It's very well located for accessing the beach. Cabanas on the beach were very nice, We had a wide and beautiful beach to soak up the sun on. Plus, hammocks and swings were an added bonus for lazing and taking it easy. The downsides were higher prices than I like, plus there was a noticeable lack of staff. There were not enough wait staff, bartenders, etc. Also, it would have been nice if there was bar service around the pool, and maybe even in the cabana area as the Sand Bar was conveniently located to both.
All in all, It was a very nice stay and would go back.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2008

I was staying here for a conference in January... 2 nights.

Not a big fan of the outdoor corridors in the hotel. Rooms were brightly decorated, but dated.

Beds were't super comfortable.

I was awakened by my hotel room door opening at 12 midnight, by the security officer using his master key to open the door for (2) guests who said they were staying in my room.... when in all reality, they were staying on the floor below me. Good thing I had latched the door!!!!!

I wasn't upset to check out of here.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2008

the tradewinds Sandpiper was very nice and the kids had a great time. Very relaxing and well kept service everywhere was great I will definately go back see you next year the Vandenbergs

Stayed: March 2008