St. Pete Beach is beautiful. I think it is the best in the state. I always stay at this resort for many reasons. First, it is a just a two minute short walk away from Trade Winds where you can enjoy all of the restaurants and entertainment offered there but return from the crowds to a nicer calmer more relaxing beach atmosphere. There are hammocks swinging under Florida pines right on the beach which are perfect for a relaxing cocktail hour! The suite rooms have almost full kitchens with the usual appliances as well as a stove top and stocked with everything you would need to prepare a meal, however, there are so many wonderful restaurants at the Trade Winds why cook? Hint: the Smoked Fish Spread at Guy Harvey's Outpost Grille is divine!! The suites are cleverly designed with the bedroom in the back so when you shut the bedroom door from the kitchen, bath,living room and outside balcony areas, you no longer hear the resort and it's neighboring tiki bars (if you choose not too).The staff is over the top eager to help, from check in with Deanna at the Front Desk to an amazing hardworking housekeeping staff! Kudos to them! I recommend joining the TW Paradise Club online when you book as it is worth the little extras that come with it! So all in all I choose GH Outpost over Trade Winds as a personal choice as I feel the TW resort is a bit too crowded and noisy for my idea of a relaxing stay at the beach. The Outpost is perfect for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida