“Mother/daughter get away”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Arvada, Colorado
“Mother/daughter get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

My 19 year old daugher and I needed a relaxing break from the stressful and hectic life we were living in Colorado, so on a whim, we booked 4 nights at Guy Harvey Outpost in January. Best time we have had together in a long time! Although there was construction going on near the pool, it didn't bother us at all because we spent all of our time relaxing at the beach! Also, with access to both hotels, there were 3 other pools to choose from if we wanted. We were very fortunate to have decent weather most of the time we were there. We found the entire staff at both Guy Harvey hotels to be friendly, courteous and very helpful. (Shout out to Lisa at Guys Grill). The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The beach cabanas were definitely an added plus. We ate at several of the resort restaurants and found the food delicious and the wait staff very friendly at all of them. The concierge at the hotel went above and beyond our simple requests for things to do in the area. We loved that there were so many activities available at the resort that we really had no need to leave. It was exactly what we were looking for! We would definitely go back, and I would absolutely recommend both Guy Harvey hotels at St Pete Beach to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing getaway!

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the elevator, so you could hear it humming at night. If you are a light s...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hello K H,
We're so glad we got to be a part of the special memories you made with your daughter! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for recognizing some of our fantastic staff members. We appreciate you sharing the details of your visit and it makes us so happy to know that it was a wonderful trip. Hope to see you again!
Leni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
Stockport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

When we first saw our room, our hearts sank a little, very Maplin's. However inside it was okay clean if a little small and comfy. The hotel is actually two hotels separated by another, non tradewinds hotel, It is in the other hotel where most of the amenities are, but it's just a short walk down the beach. There is a great choice of restaurants, seven I think, varying from burger bar to posh nosh. It is the staff that make the difference, always helpful, always happy. There is an amenity charge, which was included in our package, but its not compulsory. I don't know how much the room cost as we booked through a travel agent. You couldn't get nearer to the beach and of course they have sunbeds. Hawks Key might have better, more modern facilities but this place beats it hands down.

Hello noonan101,
Thank you so much for sharing your review and feedback on our Guy Harvey Outpost property. We're really happy that your overall experience was a great one. As you said, our large amount of amenities really does allow us to stand out from the rest of the crowd. We hope you'll come back to see us again!
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We arrived very irritated after an awful flight and horrible drive to the hotel. When my mom arrived to the hotel at the concierge desk Alicia greeted her with the utmost kindness and respect. She comped us for dinner for the evening and COMPLETELY changed our attitudes from a sense of irritability to a sense of serenity and happiness with her kindness and upbeat attitude. I didn't get the chance to meet Alicia, but i could see the change in not only my mothers mood, and the expression on her face, but also her overall attitude towards the trip. Having a bad start to the FIRST mother-daughter trip together can really alter the feeling and experience together over all, and she prevented an awful trip from happening into a wonderful stay here at the Trade Winds Hotel, Guy Harvey location.

Room Tip: Cleanliness of the grounds was awesome, but of the room overall was unsatisfactory. SPA- we didn...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Guy Harvey Outpost during the third week of Feb. We had a wonderful time. We wanted a quiet get away from the NY winter and were not disappointed. When I checked in on Sunday evening the representative was helping someone else and proceeded to ignore me and the attempts I made to get his attention. However, that slight was made up by Derek who a few minutes later approached the counter and immediately asked if I was being helped. Derek was polite, listened to my complaint and quickly got my husband and I to our rooms. That truly was the only bump in our stay. The room was beautiful, staff exceptional (shout out to Mary in the Grill - great help and service and Justice the bellman who carried everything, answered questions about local places and even got ice for us!) and the beach is amazing. Love the reserve your cabana feature, when you get there in the morning, your cabana is set up and ready for your use, no wait time. I think paying extra for a room with the ocean view and the kitchen area is so worth it. This provides a stove, sink and fridge. Stop at the Public's on Gulf Blvd, less than a mile away, stock up and you can cook some meals or snacks.
We also recommend the D'lights across the street for ice cream and burgers. Great lunch choice.
We liked it so much we extended our stay an extra night. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our room faced the ocean, center of the building, overlooking the children's pool. I think payin...
1 Thank Natalie M
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was our 4th time to the TradeWinds and the 1st time since it became Guy Harvey Outpost. Once again the resort was welcoming and operating at full steam. The colorful additions of Guy Harvey flavor really add to the resort. The staff really does go out of their way to be friendly, answer questions and just make sure everything is in order. Denise and Captain Tim in the gift shop were full of ideas and stories. The gal that was in charge of 1814, sorry can't remember her name, really took care to come when we needed her and our room was spotless. My favorite person at Guy Harvey has to be Shelly at the Beach/Pool restaurant and bar. Shelly always had a huge smile and a suggestion of what was extra delicious that day. We looked forward to seeing her out at the pool.

Room Tip: We always get the room on first floor facing the gulf. Having the patio outside is like having anoth...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Teresa K
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hello Teresa K,
Welcome back! Our staff was so happy to see you again for your 4th annual trip to visit us! We're glad you enjoyed our new Guy Harvey Outpost additions and that our staff was as accommodating as ever. Thank you for recognizing them and for sharing your experience. Hope to see you next year for #5.
Manasquan, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I'm staying in room 1807. The room has a window that faces the main hallway. It is covered by a wall curtain in the room and a wood louver on the outside wall. You can hear the people talking in the hall as well as equipment being moved. That means the people in the hall could hear anyone in the room as well. I spoke to some people in 1805 who had the some noise. It seems a easy fix with some sound proofing and sheetrock and not have to offer a different room and still have the problem in 7 rooms. Everything else is top shelf.

Room Tip: DON"T ask for rooms 1801 - 1807 you feel a lack of privacy
2 Thank harold550
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Pros: the room is clean, the staff are friendly, the beach is beautiful.

Cons: Half the hotel faces a neighboring bar/grill and local watering hole called the Toasted Monkey. They play music loudly all day long and late into the night (10pm on Thursday, midnight last night - Friday). I had to walk half a mile down the beach before I could lose the sound this evening.

But wait, there's more. I hear my neighbors very clearly through the closed door between our rooms. It is nearly as if they are in my room. And I was awakened at 5:30 this morning by the sound of the shower in the room above me. That too was as if it was in my room.

There is still more. They put me in a room that is at the end of the wing and across from the cleaning staff supply room. The cleaning carts are parked outside my door all day long. And I get to listen to cleaning staff conversations as they restock supplies and take breaks.

What makes this all still worse is that I explicitly asked for a quiet room. And I asked early in the day when they had plenty of choices.

If you are a party animal and love to hang out at bars like the Toasted Monkey, this is your place. If not, keep looking.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank jamescthomas
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apology for the excessive noise, some of which was within our control. We track all noise complaints with the local authorities that are related to The Toasted Monkey and are currently working with its' owners for a reasonable solution for all of us. The noise from the staff while they are preparing their carts for the day has already been forwarded for review in the morning meetings. One immediate solution may have been a request for a room move. As you stated at arrival, you requested a quiet room however that would obviously be based on room type availability at the time.
Again please accept my apology and if I could be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Thank you.