“Happy Hour @ Guy Harvey”

Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
NY
“Happy Hour @ Guy Harvey”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Just arrived and drinking a tropical drink and listening to this guy Zack rock the house. Victor our bartender is a riot and makes a killer drink. A lot of great changes are being made since I was last here. All for the better! Staff is as friendly as I remember.

Stayed April 2014
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hello Joseph812,
We love that you were able to grab a tropical cocktail and listen to some great music as soon as you got here! It's also wonderful to know you like our recent upgrades around the property and that Victor was as entertaining as always. Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your experience. Hope the rest of your stay was just as awesome!
Leni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
Bellmore, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When I was booking our hotel and deciding where to stay- St. Pete's Beach vs Clearwater. And TradeWinds Island Grand vs Guy Harvey--- I'm so glad I made the right decision. We stayed on St.Petes Beach at the Guy Harvey. The one bedroom family suites were the same just with different bedding. Essentially. The same. (ownership at TradeWinds is definitely diff). Ownership gives you the 5 star luxury--
The reviews said Guy Harvey is great for families assuming you would have tons of kids there.
However the TradeWinds Island a Grand had way more kids. I know this because we share
Activities. You can conveniently walk back and forth. It's a nice walk on the beach & very close
There is construction going on at the Guy Harvey. But it's in front- so it doesn't interfere with
Anything you are doing. They are making the entrance a huge fish tank. The staff was very
Friendly. We will definitely go back. The other hotels we considered. Was the Hilton. The Sheraton and the Marriott. We wanted to be right on the beach. The sq footage if the room was important. ( I have 3 kids). And I wanted complementary wifii. I feel it's crazy if you are a guest in a hotel that you gave to pay for internet. I travel a lot for work so this was all very important.
When we drove into Clearwater. I knew we made the right decision. We live in NY. And we
We're in traffic for 40 mins to go one block. I was happy to get back to St Pete.

3 Thank Tracil614
Hello Tracil614,
Thank you for taking the time to do a comparison of our two properties. We strive to be completely family friendly between our two properties. We're glad you chose to stay with us and we hope you'll do so again.
Yorkshire
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here for a 4 night break to relax after disney and it did just the trick. The lady who checked us in (very loud and sounded like she was from new york) has us howling from the start of the trip to the end. She really cared about everyone who she was speaking to and wanted to make sure you were having fun. Our part of the hotel was very motel style (city view) however we were only in our room to go to sleep. The beach front is stunning and the pool areas are kept very nice and clean. One thing that was a real nice surpise was the free cocktail hour!! i loved this and such a nice touch. Rooms cleaned very well. Although this is a little dated, it still has a nice charm to it and the staff do a real good job!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunshine_Worshiper
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great place if you have kids. If you don't have kids, expect that they are everywhere. Lots of activities and things to do. Some of the staff is great, and some not so much. Our room we initially booked was way too small for three. They gave us an upgrade to a small suite for $20 a night and that made a huge difference for our trip. The hotel rooms are really small even for two. It is noisy at night if you are going to sleep before midnight. Overall a good experience and I would recommend it especially with children. There may be better places for adults w/o children.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you need it. The suites make a big difference if you are staying for more...
1 Thank stuart s
Hello stuart s,
We're happy to hear your family had fun with us at the Guy Harvey Outpost. We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you'll come back to stay with us again.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My sisters and i stayed at this resort for the first time and absolutely loved it!! The property is beautiful and the staff were all very kind and helpful. We has lisa marlett as our waitress 2 of the days and she was super sweet and served us with a smile. The only 2 things we werent happy with was #1) the housekeeping in the rooms- we stayed for 5 days and only got maid service once. We had to call and ask for towels. #2) didnt like that you had to pay for a front row beach chair/cabana. It should have been included in the $40 resort fee we already paid. Other than those 2 things i would definitely go back again. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2014
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction thank you for your positive comments regarding our beautiful property and staff. I have forwarded your concerns regarding lapse of housekeeping to our department managers for further review. Sometimes, it can be confusing for the room attendants if there is a do not disturb sign on the door. However, that is usually documented on their assignment sheets. Regarding the front row cabana, there is a charge of $15 per day based on availability. However, there is no charge for the cabana included in your reservation, just not the front row. If I could be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at drogers@twresort.com.
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived and the front looked like a demolition project. Blue plastic covered fencing covers the outside while the whole front was under construction.
Parking was terrible. We drove around for 45 minutes and finally had to squeeze in a spot on the too floor of the garage.
During check in- the host said "I have the best room for you with a balcony view of the ocean. You will have the best sunset view! She said I had to get a parking pass from a different guy (who then immediately tried to sell us a timeshare). There was no reason why she couldn't give the parking pass!
We got to the room- and the key doesn't open! We had to go all the way back down- and it took 15 min for her to figure out that she wrote the WRONG ROOM NUMBER! Get all the way back upstairs, and the room is a ShoeBox with NO balcony and NO view! I called up and asked for a manager. Someone got on the phone and I began to explain what happened - she said "Let me interrupt you right there...It was Me!" She went on to say that she would be happy to upgrade us, just come down stairs.
Go back down and she gave us a different room. We attempt to go back upstairs.....But there is URINE all over the Elevator! My husband hold the door open, I told the same "Manager" and she actually was annoyed. I said "Someone is going to slip and crack their head on the tile".
We go by the elevator And wait, and wait, and wait! About 10 min pass and I went back to the desk. I said "I can't hold the elevator door forever and the other elevator isn't coming down. I need to get upstairs to my kids- is someone coming to clean this?" .....She IGNORED ME! I said "Whatever, someone will fall and sue you!" And only as I was walking she said "Someone will get to it".
The new room was still very very small.
The staff (besides the front desk "manager") were very nice.
But they charge $39.75 per day for the resort fee.
After the price of this room, I should have just stayed in the bigger hotel Tradewinds.
No beach games, paddle boats, slides as advertised. They are all 3 hotels down.
Will not be staying here again. Howard Johnson right next door would have been a better choice!

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank VeronicaC818
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apology for your experience with our front desk staff and managers. I have already forwarded this to our General Manager of The Guy Harvey Outpost for further review as well. I have also attempted to contact your directly by sending a message through TripAdvisor so as to make sure this has been resolved to your satisfaction. Upon completion of our review and further contact with you, this response will be revised.
Thank you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our arrival by Jusits the bellman was AMAZING he was so kind and sincere… our check in with Derrick at the front desk was GREAT he greeted us and shared with us all of the amazing amenities of resort was seemeles check in…. The rooms were great had a great view and there was plenty of room for a family. The resort is small and quaint and we enjoyed just relaxing by the pool and bar. The bar staff was awesome! Happy hour was a nice perk! We went to the Island Grand hotel that was overcrowded so we enjoyed the slower pace of this hotel. Would go back again my son enjoyed capt tim fishing class and kite flying. I do think there needs to be some more activity around pool and kids club at night.. without having to go to sister property.
Again, at checkout Justis was so kind and sweet we enjoyed meeting him and look forward to seeing him when we return! Thanks for a great vacation...

Room Tip: get a ocean view 1 bedroom worth it… amazing...