“Over priced shack”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Over priced shack”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I booked this place through the tradewind @ 500 a night I have never felt so ripped off in my life.
Tiny room crap service no valet horrible parking with no room.
Awful food.
This dump actually had the nerve to call me on my cell at 7 pm to ask me if I was going to come to some sales pitch for time shares? Just what I want is someone to annoy me during my vacation after paying 500 a night for peace and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Duneerrr
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apology for failing to meet your expectations. It would appear that you are currently still with us and therefore I would simply like to recommend that you please contact anyone to let them know of your concerns. Then I / we can make sure that each one of your concerns have been corrected. Please contact me directly at your convenience.
Thank you. drogers@twresort.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We are regulars at the Tradewinds and last year we decided we would try the Guy Harvey Outpost for a change. We were impressed with the new facility and received the expected level of service associated with the Tradewinds organization. This year was a different story all together. It started almost immediately the first night when we first got to our room. The bathroom was filthy and outdated. The kitchen area needed attention as well. My wife can be critical, but in this case it was un-presentable even to me. The front desk was great and had the room cleaned right away. They also gave me two complementary beverages from the restaurant. Two days later we were treated rather condescendingly by a worker in the restaurant when we went to order. The employee looked at us and after a few minutes seem to give up and said, "What's up?"
My wife (100% Canadian-French) asked her about the "French Dip" and the employee had a puzzled look about her and replied, " You don't know what a 'French Dip' is?" Obviously, we 'did not know' which prompted the question. Moving on to the next item on the menu, my wife asked about the contents of the "Flat Bread" sandwich from which this same person replied in a very deliberate manor of "slow" and over simplified for "stupid" people asking "stupid" questions, "It has flat bread and we put meat on it". That was all my wife could stand and she stormed out. I finished the order and listened to this employee rant about how they did not understand what was 'wrong with my wife!' Of course, they were the exception at the Grille and I would thank Linda, Cassie and Tina for outstanding service (The food was awesome by the way). Another disappointment was the issues with the fire alarm and the fact that we did not have hot water in our room for two nights straight. The person in charge of guest relations called me the morning we were leaving, and after asking me if I had had a wonderful stay and me disclosing some of the events described above, preceded to try and sell me more time at the Breckinridge. I hope this was an isolated incident and not the norm. We have had may memorable times at the Tradewinds as a couple and with our girls in the past eight years. I would have to consider alternatives for our next trip to St Pete's beach.....Too bad.

Room Tip: Ocean view is spectacular especially at sunset
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Scott I
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apology for your experience while here. I have already forwarded your concerns to both Housekeeping and Food & Beverage managers for further review. I would also like to thank you for the positive comments regarding the front desk and others in Guy's Grill. Regarding the fire alarm, we were completing the required yearly inspection / testing of such and notices were provide to all guest apologizing for the necessary, yet inconvenience of such. However, the hot water issue was a result of the ongoing construction of the new restaurant. We do not expect any further issues as the construction is nearly completed. I have attempted to contact you through TripAdvisor to make sure that we have ensured your satisfaction and resolution to your concerns. Please contact me for further assistance. I want to make sure that we can count on you returning to us here at the Guy Harvey Outpost.
Thank you.
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We felt so special during our entire visit at GHO. From the minute we entered the hotel the special treatment began. We were greeted at the hotel desk and welcomed with an unexpected ocean view upgrade! During our entire stay the staff couldn't do enough for us. I want to mention in particular a few folks that made our stay more than memorable: Fiona, Cassie, Lance, Joanne (brought tears to my eyes with her kindness) and especially Hassan & Audra for a dining experience on our last night that just left us on cloud 9! I was amazed at the thoughtfulness that went into the hotel/pool area environment for all the guests, particularly families members with autism. GHO truly stands out among the best vacations we have ever had and we can't wait to come back to GHO!

Room Tip: Families traveling with small children or family members that like to have quiet hotel room time dur...
1 Thank KarenPalmerAdams
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hello KarenPalmerAdams,
It is fantastic to hear that your first visit to the Guy Harvey Outpost was amazing and exceeded your expectations! We're so happy that your family felt 'at home'' and special. We try to make all of our guests feel extremely welcome and pride ourselves on the ability to do so. Thank you for taking the time to recognize some of our outstanding staff members. We look forward to seeing the Adams Family again in the future.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My first time at the Guy Harvey Outpost and had such an awesome time! Perfect place for a girls weekend! Everyone was so friendly and helpful! Our server Stephanie, took such great care of our group all weekend poolside at the tiki bar!! She is a an awesome server, super sweet person & we will ask for her on our future trips back to the GHO!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
channel islands
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel has got it so right..The people are lovely, the rooms are fantastic specially if you get a beach front room, the pool areas are great and the food is delicious. We will definatly be back, just loved it.

2 Thank loula99
Hello loula99,
Thank you for recognizing our ability to 'do it right.' We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything to your liking. Can't wait til you come back again to see us!
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from the Guy Harvey Outpost and had such an awesome time! Perfect place for a girls weekend! Everyone was so friendly and helpful! A big shout out to our fabulous server Stephanie who took such great care of our group all weekend poolside at the tiki bar!! She is a an awesome server, super sweet person & we will ask for her on our future trips back to the GHO! Great location for walking to beach bars & restaurants too!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Merriam4
Hello Merriam4,
We're so glad your girls' getaway was as awesome as you had hoped for! Thank you for sharing your experience and for recognizing Stephanie. We look forward to your return!
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We loved it--again. WE like all the new improvements with the gulf front and also the sunset drink specials are so worth it. They are delicious such a nice treat for a night cap. My kids loved it. If I could give someone an insite it would be that it is not a condo with a swimming pool. They have a small kitchen in some of the rooms so you can cook meals if you would like and the courtyard rooms are a little bigger and half queen beds rather then doubles like the gulf front. We like being by the gulf with the music and the sandbar close by it works for us and the kids. We have been here this year for 30 yrs and some faces have changed but, the security and the pleasantness of the employees is wonderful. I want to gives hats off to Carmen from Front Desk, Lara and Jonathan from the Sandbar and also a maintenance man for coming right away for a quick change in the light bulb. I know all hotels have something wrong with them. But, we did see plenty maintenance men cleaning up and touching up the places I saw that needed it and some I didn't. They have a Great Marketing man Chris S. and a nice social meda person that heads the FB page Leni. Thanks again for all of your hard work and making this another stellar vacation. see you again in 2015 or maybe sooner. :)

Room Tip: rooms in the courtyard are quieter and have queen beds,you also can see the gulf from them. 6th floo...
1 Thank murftoe
Hello murftoe,
Thank you so much for your kind words! We're so glad you enjoyed your return visit to the Guy Harvey Outpost. We appreciate your excellent insight and recognition of our team members' hard work. It's also wonderful to hear that you like all of our beachfront improvements. We hope you will come back once again to see us after our new restaurant opens! We know you won't be disappointed in that either. It will be a one-of-a-kind experience.