This review came to be because I decided I wanted to do something special for our favorite barista at the coffee shop - Mary. She has been very friendly though out the years and we appreciate her!
We have been regulars at the Tradewinds for many years and this is the first year we have had major issues. The fire alarm went off twice, once 3 a.m. The 3 a.m. incident was due to something faulty within the system. We then got a note on our door, the next morning, saying that we would be without hot water that evening. We were then without hot water the next night too. The only help they offered was a key to a room that did have hot water so we could shower. The second time the alarm went off was a false alarm.
I felt that Tradewinds wasn't very apologetic about the events. Our three families have come yearly for a long time. Tradewinds is not a cheap place to stay but, until this year, we had always felt our stay was as important to them as it was to us. This year, I felt our business was not very important to them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida