“love it, unpretentious but fabulous.”

Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Worcester, United Kingdom
“love it, unpretentious but fabulous.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

second time here, liked it more second time around.We were there for Halloween which was good fun. Very good base to drive to Tampa, Clearwater and Orlando too if you want to. Theservice is second to none and the beach is fabulous.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Georgia B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
Iselin, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay in a Gulf View Suite. We are very fussy and cleanliness is important to both of us when choosing a hotel. Unlike other reviews, we found our room to be be very clean and always made up promptly. We also observed staff vacuuming the common areas regularly and making sure everything was clean. All the staff members we dealt with were very personable and always had a smile or a good morning. The beach staff also did a very good job and were very helpful. The beach and views were excellent. Reserving a cabana online was very easy and a nice feature. Our room did face the Toasted Monkey Beach Bar and Grill and did hear the music and bar crowd. Luckily, we go to bed late and it was not a big problem but it is something you can do without or consider when making a reservation.

Room Tip: I would request a room that is on the side of the hotel that does not have the Toasted Monkey Bar ne...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mario T
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

It's a bit tired in terms of decor, but otherwise this is a nice enough hotel. The staff are really friendly, and whilst the place lacks somewhere decent to eat at night, there are a few nice options at the sister hotel about 5 mins walk away. The BIG problem is that the hotel next door emits VERY LOUD MUSIC from mid afternoon until MIDNIGHT (despite an apparent order to keep it down from 11). I know that there's probably nothing much this hotel can do, but it does detract from the stay - it was so loud it was causing water in a glass to move! Add the ongoing construction at the hotel that starts at 8am, a good night's sleep requires precision planning.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colin B
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations. However, I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone know that the construction on our new restaurant will be completed as scheduled with our Grand Opening May 16th. Regarding the noise from next door, we do make every effort to keep this under control as we work very closely with the properties management and local authorities. I hope that you will not let this prevent you from staying with us again at the Guy Harvey OutPost.
Thank you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here one night before moving to the sister property that hosted our conference. Thank God it was only one night. The discounted price of $250/night was at least $200 too much. I felt like I was in a 1 star motel. When our shuttle turned into the parking lot, our mouths dropped open, there was massive construction everywhere and the entrance looked far from inviting.

The hotel staff were not the most attentive. It took a while to receive service. Once we did have the opportunity to speak with a clerk, she made us feel like we were being difficult. When I asked about shuttle service between the two properties, which was something promised when the reservation was made, she walked away, threw up her hands, and said "I can't deal with this"? However, in the end, she did return and made all of the necessary arrangements.

We were told that we received an upgrade, however the room was extremely small and the furniture was circa 1980. We might have been able to look past this if the room was clean. The bathroom was totally disgusting and unusable. Prior to our using the bathroom the housekeeping staff had to clean the bathroom. The bed comforter was stained and the vents looked like they had not been cleaned in years. We were at the end of a hall that flooded from all of the rain; hence we had to walk through puddles to get to our room.

We ventured downstairs to the on-site restaurant. Although it was raining we opted to sit outside under the awning to eat due to the frigid temperatures inside. Unfortunately the awning leaked in several places, so our seating options were limited. The table we chose looked safe, but a few minutes later, my colleague had to re-position her beverage to avoid dripping rain water. The bar was located in a Tiki hut approximately 20 feet from the restaurant. The waiters/waitresses were transporting food and drinks between the two venues uncovered in moderately heavy rain. So anyone under the awning, who wanted a drink from the bar, received a drink watered down by rain; and if you were in the bar area and wanted food, it arrived soggy.

Needless to say, I will do my homework and read reviews prior to booking a room. I booked this based upon the advice from the staff of the sister property, Tradewinds. I won't make this mistake again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tam H
As the Director of Guest please accept my apology for failing to meet your expectations at the Guy Harvey Outpost. I am thankful that we were able to accommodate you at the Island Grand. I have forwarded your concerns to our General Manager and others for further review. However, the construction is nearly completed and the Grand Opening of the restaurant is scheduled for May 16th. After reviewing your folio, I see that a complimentary upgrade was provided. Seeing that you then moved to the Island Grand, I just wish that you would have reached out to any of our managers or myself with your concerns.
I hope this will not prevent you from staying with us again, and please let me know I could be of any further assistance.
Thank you.drogers@twresort.com
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband, 10 year old son and myself stayed here for four nights at the beginning of May 2014. Here are the pros and cons:

PROS:
1. Excellent staff. Everyone who worked here was nice and friendly.

2. Location is right on the beach. We had a room that overlooked the pool and beach and the view was amazing!!

3. Room and hotel are kept very clean.

4. You can use all the amenities at their sister property, Tradewinds, which is very, very close to this hotel.

CONS:
1. Hotel is next door to a nightclub, the Toasted Monkey, which plays loud music in the evening. Our room was on the side of the hotel that is adjacent to the nightclub and we were subjected to listening to the loud music when trying to relax/sleep in our hotel room in the evening. When we called the front desk about this they were very nice and explained that there was a city ordinance requiring the nightclub to "quiet down" at 11pm. The noise from the nightclub did disappear at 11pm however up until then it was difficult to relax or get to sleep. If you are looking to relax in your room in the evening I would suggest requesting a room on the other side of the hotel. And I would recommend to the hotel not to put families on this side of the hotel.

2. Poor water pressure in the shower - no matter what time of day.

3. For the price we paid per night I expected a higher quality room. You are basically paying a five star hotel price for a three star motel room. We stayed at the Trump in Miami last year for the same price and the suite was much, much nicer. And Trump was also on the beach. With Guy Harvey you are definitely paying a lot to be on the beach, don't expect the price you pay to be reflective of the quality of the room.

Overall I would recommend this hotel, just make sure to take into account the cons listed above. Next time we are in the area we will stay at the Tradewinds. Would have stayed there this time but they were sold out.

Room Tip: If you don't like loud music in the evening request a room on the side of hotel that does not fa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda_A_I
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The overall friendliness of the staff really made our 2 night stay outstanding. Great beach front location, will be especially nice when Rumfish is complete. The complimentary happy hour is a welcoming touch and makes you forget about the construction. I'm not a fan of the mint scented shampoo and toiletries. I'd recommend a more appealing scent. Housekeeping was excellent.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PolkCountyGirl
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at the Guy Harvey Outpost! The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed talking with them as we enjoyed drinks beachside at the Sand Bar. The free happy hour from 5 pm to 6 pm was great too. We stayed in one of the courtyard balcony suites and the room was the perfect size. Just wish the weather had been better as it rained three of the five days we were there. Overall a great experience, would definitely recommend. Also, be sure to try to JetLev, it was an awesome time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello Brian M,
Thank you so much for sharing your review. It's nice to hear that your family had a great experience with our staff, accommodations, and amenities at our Guy Harvey Outpost property. So glad you got to try the JetLev, too! What a rush, huh? Hope you'll bring the family back to see us again.
Kind Regards,