Our trip here started out poor, phone calls on how to get to the hotel from Tampa Air Port was less then honest. "Shuttles run every 15 minutes" Well sort of, you have to buy a seat in a "super shuttle" which was just under $100 round trip for my wife and I. This company is the low cost way to get there, but they fill a big van and drop all the others off at their door. So after a 1 1/2 hour ride we finally got to Guy Harvey's. We found the food at the little on site restaurant was expensive as heck, and mediocre at best. There are some great places to eat short walks from this hotel.
in the end the rooms were small, and just about ready for an update, and it was very expensive, lots of other places with lower prices on same beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida