We stayed 2 nights at the Guy Harvey Outpost, July 13-15.
Pros - We got a beautiful suite with a partial view of the beach. Although the sleeping area was small, the extra room and balcony gave us plenty of room to rest and get out of the sun for a while. The beach is beautiful and relaxing. The kid's pool was very clean. The adult pool looked great, but I couldn't go there since I had my son with me. The blow-up surfing activity was fun for my 5-year-old sun. The girl working at the activities office made up a scavenger hunt for my son which he enjoyed very much. She even gave him a snow cone when he was finished. We appreciated the service and food at the Guy's Gulfside Grill. I wish we had gone there the first day because they had information and tips to share about the resort. We LOVED Guy Harvey RumFish Grill. The food was spectacular, the view was amazing, and the staff was very friendly. There were several families with children and we fit right in. We went back the second afternoon just for dessert and they seated us right in front of the giant fish tank.
Cons - No one from the hotel staff talked to us while we were there. Even when we checked in, they told us nothing. I did ask a few questions, and the lady checking us in handed us a brochure. I read it from cover to cover, but we still had no idea what we were doing. A staff person was having a great time chatting with the guests out by the kid's pool, but he ignored me every time I tried to get his attention. I finally asked another guest where we could get some pool towels. We took the hotel transportation from the airport and they forgot to bring the car seat for my 5-year-old. They never showed up for our return trip to the airport, so we had to call a last minute taxi. Although I do appreciate that the lady at the activities hut made up a scavenger hunt for my son, I thought they had activities that other kids would participate in. This was an activity that was listed in their brochure for a certain time, very strange. The website says they have beach toys, and they don't, so bring your own. My husband waited in line at the sandbar for 20 minutes to get a drink and finally just gave up. It was a long walk to the other hotel for the large slide, but it probably wouldn't seem so long if you stay in the water to get there or when the weather is a little cooler. They need to take the arcade off their website. What they have is something very sad and broken, and even if it weren't, it would not be worth putting on the website.
Conclusion - The trip was fantastic despite the service at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida