1.I love the outdoors and fishing so I personally loved the design and decorations of the hotel. A definite nice touch that gives the hotel a different look and feel.
2. Great location on the beach, close walk. Covered chairs are excellent, reserving a spot is easy (after 2pm everyday) and love that a placard is attached. On weekends or holidays this is suggested. No added cost unless you want the front row ($15)
3. Staff were friendly. Reception and check in were quick and efficient.
4. Fish tank at the grill was something great to see. Several of us did the swim in the tank. We got a small tour before hand to see the set up, and how it all runs and then were able to snorkel in the tank for 10 minutes. Well worth the $25, fun and some education mixed in.
5. Clean - the staff were constantly cleaning the common areas throughout the day.
6. Fire pit, lounge area, and hammocks are a great addition and a nice place to relax in the evening.
7. Rooms while a bit on the small side (not a huge deal since I'm there to be outside) had coffee machine, decent size fridge, and microwave). Liked the decorations and warm colors.
8. The surfboard machine, the large water slide (at the tradewinds) and the smores are all a nice bonus and provided laughs and photos for our group.
Room for Improvement
1. Rooms a bit tight on storage space for clothes and the mirror doors for the closet were constantly coming of the track when you opened them
2. The room we had was all the way at the end of the hall and was by itself (2823 I believe). It is right next to 2 public bathrooms and some kind of meeting room. very odd place for a room so you constantly have people outside waiting to use the bathroom or the cleaning staff right outside at 7am cleaning it up. Tough place for a room.
3. Wait time for food was quite long. Not sure if they don't have enough staff working in the kitchen but wait time was exceptionally long. We arrived on a thursday afternoon and sat around the pool and ordered a few orders of wings and some flat bread. 50 minutes later it finally arrived. had to send the flat bread back because it was not cooked long enough. For a weekday with small crowd the wait for the price was not worth it.
4. Not enough staff. At times it felt like the staff was undermanned (servers, bartenders) and struggled to keep up with orders regardless of the time or day.
5. Balcony- We were on the second floor and had a very narrow balcony but most rooms did not, just a bar across.
6. Food quality varied from pretty good on some occasions to not good at all through out our stay. Definitely could use some quality control in the kitchen.
Overall a pretty nice place to stay and a great location. Hopefully some TLC in the kitchen and enough staff working will make it even better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida