PROS: First and foremost Kudos to Miss Charlene on the 6th floor who kept our room clean and orderly and to the entire hardworking GH housekeeping staff for keeping this resort as clean and attractive as we found it each day of our stay in spite of resort being filled to capacity. Chose this resort based on reviews and because everything else was booked for the days I needed. Stayed for three nights with hubby and three boys (8,13, and 15) and while it was cramped for all of us we found the ocean front 1 bedroom suite to be very clean, well stocked, with 2 comfy beds and best of all an efficient and fairly quiet a/c system. Ocean front location is awesomely beautiful. Kudos to Poolside Bartender Victor who was super friendly, efficient and who made the best mixed drinks!! The “adult only” swimming pool was a welcome refuge. We liked that the resort fee covered the cost of the 2 person Shade Cabana each day BUT you need to reserve them online the day before or run the good chance there won’t be any available if you don’t. Liked the outdoor lounges, hammock, cornhole game and firepits.
Cons: The additional daily $35 resort fee -allows you to use the facilities at the Island Grand Tradewinds hotel, but with blaring sun and 90+ temps, we found the ¼ mile walk to get there too hot and uncomfortable to just wait on long lines to get a 30 sec slide ride.
Children’s pool very small and crowded for the amount of kids wanting to use it.
All food on property fairly decent but very overpriced and slow service.
Timeshare hawkers who will approach you from check in to check out. As mentioned in other reviews :No balcony in the ocean front suites in spite of their description insinuating that there are.
Overall we enjoyed our time at GH but having stayed at other hotels and resorts on this very stretch of beach, there are a lot of better priced options. Would surely return as a couple without kids , off season or when rates are not at peak.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida