Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$236
Alden Suites
US$162
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$277
Coconut Inn(St. Pete Beach)
US$203
US$191
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$180
US$195
US$166
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$195
US$394
US$349
Orbitz.com
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$407
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
US$254
TripAdvisor
2,946 results
All reviewsadult poolgulfside grillfamily poolsand barfish tanksister hotelrum fish grillbar next doorpaddle boatsgulf view suitethe trade windsstandard roomfire pitfront rowtoasted monkeygulf sidelive music
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Year round my family saves as much money as possible with our two teacher salary and goes on a family vacation. This year we chose the Tradewinds Guy Harvey Outpost upon pulling into the parking garage we were all ecstatic. My parents along with my 15 year old younger brother and myself were all expecting a great accommodating stay. We arrived at 2:30 check in being at 4 we were not surprised when they told us our room was not ready yet. So we decided to walk around and scout out places to eat and other fun things. We returned at 4 to check on the status of our room we were told it would be ready in a few more minutes we were fine with this and continued our scouting. But when we were told "just a few more minutes" again at 4:30, 5, and 5:30 we were starting to get a little annoyed finally we were told our room was ready around 5:45 on a day when there were two other families in the lobby. The nicest person we dealt with at the actual hotel was one of the cleaning ladies. We went to the Rum Fish Grill gift shop throughout our 3 day vacation spending up to two hundred dollars on shirts, tumblers, and hats. My mom bought my dad a shirt as a surprise because doesn't handle buying things for himself that he doesn't feel necessary at any time, especially on vacation. When we found the shirt was too small we went back to return/exchange the shirt as well as purchase more. Only to be told that we couldn't return the shirt because my dad had gotten deodorant on the side. When asked somewhat jokingly if we could just wash it off and exchange the shirt towards the items we were buying the woman behind the counter told us and had already seen the "stain" so no because she would not be able to sell the shirt. So my brother put his two shirts and hat he was going to purchase back, I put my shirt, tumbler, car sticker, and glasses back and my mom put her shirt and tumbler back as well. I mean seriously a deodorant line and you won't even exchange the shirt towards the possibly hundred dollar purchase we were planning on making? That's being ridiculous and unreasonable. I've seen shirts at NORDSTROMS with deodorant marks. We were called three times on our three day stay, at 8 in the morning so the staff could ask if we would like to attend their time share/condo sales pitch. And as the cherry on top we were told the day we checked in that check out time was at 12. On the day we were to check out a member of the staff knocked on our door at 11:30 to tell us that check out was at 11 and inquire what time we would be leaving. Are you joking? You wait more than an hour after our check in time to give us our room keys but you're knocking on our door a half hour after check out time when we were only following the incorrect time YOUR staff gave us?! Incredibly rude if you ask me. There were brighter sides of this trip but they were simply tarnished by the less accommodating experiences. There were a lot of activities for small and young children which would explain the large numbers of them. So it could be good for families with young children who would be willing to put up with the less than helpful attitudes. The Rum Fish Grill staff was helpful especially a bartender named Eric. And they had a wonderful band on Friday night. But I don't think I will be returning or recommending this hotel to anyone.

2  Thank Madison C
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

As the Director of Guests Satisfaction please accept my apologies for your experiences while at the Guy Harvey OutPost. I have already forwarded this to the front desk, housekeeping and retail managers for further review. Communications with our guest pertaining to your issues and others are always critical that they be explained properly and correctly. Identify the reason for the wait and take the necessary action for resolution. Thank you for the positive comments regarding Eric at the RumFish Grill, of which I will also pass on. I hope that you will not let this prevent you from staying with us again, and if I could be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you. drogers@twresort.com

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We arrived on a busy check-in/check-out day, so it was hectic, there was no parking available, but security made us a spot. The 2 queen bed suite was great, equipped with a small kitchenette to help. The room was clean upon arrival and they did a great job keeping it clean, however, the AC unit made a very faint noise and the toilet made flushing sounds, but the problem was addressed. The employees are a big key in making your experience here the best it can be. Jared the bartender at RumFish was upfront and honest about everything, he helped to guide us in the right direction after listening to a few concerns. He also notified me of some perks and amenities that guests are given...reservations and the front desk did not tell me! Joann, the manager, was appreciative of the feedback and concerns I had with the room, she cared enough to listen and she took care of me in a professional manner. I will stay here again and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014
TradeWinds-Leni, Manager at Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello Dustin_W704,
Although we are sorry to hear that there were a few issues throughout your stay, it makes us very happy to hear that our staff took the time to address your concerns and make things right. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your recommendation and we really do hope that you will come back to stay with us again soon.
Kind Regards,
Leni

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We just returned from a 3 day trip. From the get go it was a bad experience. Upon arrival we were told the room we booked was too small for us (2 adults and 1 child) so they were upgrading us to a suite at no extra charge. (Great!!!) However the room was filthy. To start there was chewed gum on the couch handle and it only got worse from there. There were dried feces all down the front of the toilet and also along the back of the toilet. There were stains on the pillowcase (which looked like dry blood). Housekeeping was called and the manager came within 10 minutes. His response to the bathroom was "oh god, I'm sorry I will get some bleach". He took care of it and also replaced the pillowcases and then offered us a free drink coupon or free ice cream for our son. (No thank you!!). The next morning when we woke up there was a roach on the floor. Housekeeping never came the first day to service our room. The pool is very small and the parking is terrible. For the price of the room, the cleanliness, service, and the whole experience was terrible. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor would I ever return.

3  Thank Allison H

As the Director of Guest Satisfaction please accept my apologies for the condition in which you found your room upon arrival. I also want to thank you for replying to my message requesting additional information. I immediately forwarded this to our housekeeping managers for further review with the staff and training. I will be contacting you to make sure that we have resolved this to your satisfaction thereby ensuring we can count on you in the future. Thank you. drogers@twresort.com

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We dine out quite often...when new restaurants open, we love to check them out.....since our first visit, we have returned weekly to try something new on the menu...from their apps to entrees....there has not been one time that we have been disappointed....the menu selection has a great variety for all different tastes and the presentation is excellent....the atmosphere and staff make you feel so comfortable and welcomed from the dining area to the bar....and just love the music!!!...Just so much fun to get a group together after a day of work or at the beach!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello liz m,
Thank you for being part of our amazing local RumFish Grill fan club! We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your praise and recommendations for our new destination restaurant and bar. We love hearing that you enjoy our live music and various areas for dining throughout the restaurant. Cheers to you! We can't wait to see you guys again very soon.
Kind Regards,
Leni

Reviewed 16 July 2014

PROS: First and foremost Kudos to Miss Charlene on the 6th floor who kept our room clean and orderly and to the entire hardworking GH housekeeping staff for keeping this resort as clean and attractive as we found it each day of our stay in spite of resort being filled to capacity. Chose this resort based on reviews and because everything else was booked for the days I needed. Stayed for three nights with hubby and three boys (8,13, and 15) and while it was cramped for all of us we found the ocean front 1 bedroom suite to be very clean, well stocked, with 2 comfy beds and best of all an efficient and fairly quiet a/c system. Ocean front location is awesomely beautiful. Kudos to Poolside Bartender Victor who was super friendly, efficient and who made the best mixed drinks!! The “adult only” swimming pool was a welcome refuge. We liked that the resort fee covered the cost of the 2 person Shade Cabana each day BUT you need to reserve them online the day before or run the good chance there won’t be any available if you don’t. Liked the outdoor lounges, hammock, cornhole game and firepits.
Cons: The additional daily $35 resort fee -allows you to use the facilities at the Island Grand Tradewinds hotel, but with blaring sun and 90+ temps, we found the ¼ mile walk to get there too hot and uncomfortable to just wait on long lines to get a 30 sec slide ride.
Children’s pool very small and crowded for the amount of kids wanting to use it.
All food on property fairly decent but very overpriced and slow service.
Timeshare hawkers who will approach you from check in to check out. As mentioned in other reviews :No balcony in the ocean front suites in spite of their description insinuating that there are.

Overall we enjoyed our time at GH but having stayed at other hotels and resorts on this very stretch of beach, there are a lot of better priced options. Would surely return as a couple without kids , off season or when rates are not at peak.

1  Thank snowbirdy