Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$327
  • Pool
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$214
Alden Suites
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$211
US$126
US$166
US$123
Agoda.com
US$195
US$147
US$144
Kimpton Hotel Zamora(St. Pete Beach)
US$293
US$190
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$186
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$180
US$394
US$304
Orbitz.com
2,978 results
All reviewsadult poolgulfside grillfamily poolsand barfish tanksister hotelrum fish grillbar next doorpaddle boatsgulf view suitethe trade windsstandard roomfire pitfront rowtoasted monkeygulf sidelive music
Reviewed 26 January 2009

This was our family's 8th visit ti the St. Pete area, all stays have been at the Sandpiper or the Island Grand. We are in love with the hospitable employees at the Sandpiper and have recommended this resort to many friends and family members. We are of course major Iowas Hawkeye fans and love it when their bowl trips include a visit to the Raymond James Stadium. We have also travelled as far as Orlando and Miami to watch the Hawks but always choose our location for lodging in St. Pete. Typically we travel to the area over the CHristmas holiday and usually for 11-14 days. We adore the calmness of the area, the fun shopping, great dining, both at the hotels and the locations within walking distance. We use the hotel accomodations for car rentals and the STudio Transportation taking us to and from the airport. We cannot say enough good things about the Sandpiper. Casual, yet very, very nice. Love the gulf front suites, adore the return guest rates and rarely is there an employee that we do not enjoy!! We have a mentally disabled son who is always with us and the staff is obviously pleased enough with their jobs that they have staying power - what a treat for us to see the same employees each time we arrive and for them to know us by name and MOSTLY, to have our son teated with such kindness. Why would we want to go anywhere else?? Who knows, maybe when we retire we will ask for applications!!!! :) Happy with our stay. Sincerely, Marshalltown, Iowa

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank cabanathree
Reviewed 19 January 2009

I have been staying at the Sandpiper Tradewinds resort for 10 years! I usually visit every May. But this year once was not enough. I returned in December and had the opportunity to enjoy a different season. Everytime I return I feel like I am going home to visit friends. The staff is extremely friendly and always available to make your stay more enjoyable. I love the out door cafe where you can have breakfast and enjoy the ocean breeze.
The rooms have been remodeled and the beds are very comfy. In the 10 years I have been there I have never had a complaint about the clealiness of my room. (That is important to me and my friends) They have an adult pool and a whirlpool to relax in at the end of the day. If you visit be sure to say hi to Carmen at the front desk she is a perfect example of "Customer Service". The cabana employees outside are also awesome! They make your day in the sun fun and enjoyable! Already scheduled my airfare for my return trip in May!
Great place to stay!!!!!!!
Jo Sanders
Ofallon MO

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2009

My wife, 2 children and I stayed at this hotel this past week while on vacation. There's plenty to like about this hotel. We certainly appreciated that there was an "adult" pool and a "kids'" pool. Both were heated which was welcome in unseasonably cool temperatures. I thought that the hotel was generally very clean and the staff was very friendly.

The weather really did not cooperate with our trip but we did have one glitch during our stay which bothered us greatly. We came back to our room on the second day to find that the housekeepers who were on our floor when we left had not cleaned our room. We called to the front desk and they assured us that someone would be up within the hour. We left for an evening activity and returned five hours later to find that the room was as we'd left it.

To be fair, we did not call back down. We did not feel that we should have to. At this point, we were too tired and went straight to sleep. Our room was made up the next day. I ordinarily would just chalk it up to an oversight but we DID bring it to the staff's attention and we were told it would be dealt with. That's the real thing that I'll remember from an otherwise good experience.

We also did happen to find food in the refrigerator when we arrived. This was a bit annoying. Our room was a bit cramped as two double beds took up so much space that you could not fit between either bed and the adjacent wall.

I would give the staff an "A" for friendliness but fail them on execution. The beach is lovely and the hotel is generally quiet. The rooms are nicely decorated but cramped as mentioned above.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank damous
Reviewed 17 January 2009

Stayed there for one week in December 2008. Booked a standard room through our local travel agency, but it was very small and dark. Got an upgrade to a suite for 10 $ a day - a good deal. The hotel is nice and clean, the pools are beautiful. The room was well furnished, the suite spacious. The staff was friendly, but we had one big problem: my mobile phone "disappeared" from our room. Nobody from the security staff seems to be interested. They said they would take care about it, but nothing happened. It took 3 days until we had the chance to talk to the general manager. Now the investigation should start - too late for us, because we left next morning! Disappointing and not professional!! If you stay there, make sure to keep all your valuables in the safe.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Tradewinds has always been special to me, since that was my family vacation spot while my children were growing up. Now that my children are in college and I am about to remarry, the Tradewinds is now my romantic getaway place! We spent a romantic weekend at the Tradewinds and everything from the sunset view to the meals were awesome. The reservations person, the person that worked at the beach cabana and even each servers at the restraunts...all treated us as if we were special. The cleanliness and friendliness of the Tradewinds is only matched by the romantic scenery. After we sat together on the swing watching the sunset we started planning to spend our honeymoon at the Tradewinds.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple