Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$236
Alden Suites
US$162
Inn on the Beach(St. Pete Beach)
US$277
Coconut Inn(St. Pete Beach)
US$203
US$191
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
US$180
US$195
US$166
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort(St. Pete Beach)
US$195
Travelocity
US$394
US$349
Orbitz.com
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
US$407
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
US$254
TripAdvisor
2,946 results
All reviewsadult poolgulfside grillfamily poolsand barfish tanksister hotelrum fish grillbar next doorpaddle boatsgulf view suitethe trade windsstandard roomfire pitfront rowtoasted monkeygulf sidelive music
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We are on the last day of our vacation here. It has been wonderful. We had a hiccup when we checked in but Janet at the front desk was wonderful and had it fixed in no time! The Sandpiper is the smaller sister property of TradeWinds. After much investigation I chose the Sandpiper and I am glad I did. If you want people and action the TradeWinds might be a better choice but I was looking for something less crowded and quiet. The adult pool was always quiet and peaceful with few people. You could just lay by the pool and listen to the tropical music all day long. We chose the Gulf Front Suite which is on the 7th floor. Ours was to the far left if you are facing the Gulf of Mexico. It is a huge 1 bedroom suite and you have amazing views of the bay or the Gulf of Mexico. You can lay in bed and watch T.V. and watch the sun sink into the horizon at the same time. The deck is across the width of the hotel and you can view downtown Tampa and the adult pool or move to the other side and view the Gulf. I own a cleaning company so when I stay at a hotel or visit a restaurant I just try not to look too hard so I don't get upset because I know no one is going to keep a place as clean as I would want it to be and I look for dirt in places no one would probaby think of. But I felt comfortable in my suite, it appeared very clean - like I said, I just don't allow myself to look or I get upset. I was also impressed with how much staff was around constantly cleaning and maintaining the property. We only ate at the restaurants at the resort and they were adequate. We actually liked Beef O' Brady's the best. Pizza Hut & Edy's ice cream was nice too. The other restaurants were nice, but I think we just ate so much that everything started to taste bland. Piper's Patio is the only "restaurant" at the Sandpiper (the stuffed Banana French toast was yummy) so you have to walk about 7 minutes down the beach to get to the other resort. We actually enjoyed walking down the beach and then returning when we wanted to get away from the mayhem. Tradewinds is so great for families, there are so many things to do! They have all sorts of things set up for kids, they have canals filled with fish where you can paddle boat and they have a swan there too you can feed. There is a giant inflatable water slide, cabanna's, a comedy club, mini golf, and so on. We just preferred the Sandpiper which is quieter where you can go out to the edge of the beach, grab a tropical drink and waste the day on one of the hammocks.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The service was adequate at best, the rooms were way to small ,the location was excellent. The biggest problem I had was the $25 room charge per night per room. It says it includes parking, wi-fi, cabanas for the beach, paddle boats and mini golf. Shouldnt parking and wi-fi be included anyway.? The mini golf course looks like it ws designed by a 3 year old. The paddle boats are used around the sister property The Island Grand not in the Gulf ..by the way is approximately 500 yards down the beach, not right next to the Sandpiper. On the website it shows the big blow up slide on the beach. Oh they forget to tell you its $ 4 down a trip or if your staying there $ 30 per day. There is a trampoline with bungees at the Island Grand, they charge $6 for a 4 minute ride. Its still a nice place to stay, but there is better value on the beach for your money.. Howard Johnson, The Alden, The Dolphin Resort are just a few examples.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Stayed here from July 30th - Aug 2nd. Our room was great 2814. It faced the adult pool, and the back view faced the ocean and the family pool. We had a bedroom with two double beds. which were nice. A kitchen with a sink, two burner stove, microwave, dishes, pans, toaster, coffe pot. Dishsoap, dishtowels. Our room also had a sleeper sofa, small chair and a small table with chairs. This was a very nice resort. They provided towels for the pool, (shower size) Had a nice little bar by the family pool, and cabanas for the beach. I can't say one thing bad about this place. I will be returning , and returning. I can't wait for the next time. Lots of restuarnts to walk to , too. You will not go wrong here. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Sandpiper on numerous occasions, and we have yet to find a better all around property on St. Pete Beach (this includes the Don Cesar!). Very clean, spacious, easy to navigate, 5 star amenities at an affordable price, and the beach is absolutely amazing. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. We will be returning for years to come!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Tradwinds is a great place to stay. All of the staff are wonderful. We arrived very late one night or early the next morning and check was a breeze. Anytime we asked for towels we received them almost immediately. The front desk staff are top notch. They were always ready to give us directions or tell us great places to go. The bartenders at the Sand Bar are great too. We always had a good time sitting there for drinks. I would definately stay here again. We went down the Island Grand a few times. While they definately have more to offer there are alot more people too. Also, check out Jimmy B's, they have live music and its a great little place on the bar.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends