“"Another year"”
Review of Sabal Palms Inn

Sabal Palms Inn
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just returned home from another relaxing vacation, we go to Pass-A Grille every year for the week of Christmas, and again everything was perfect. Joe Caruso the owner is always making improvements, when you think it can't be better. He just built a beautiful patio with gas grill, wet bar and lots of seating at Coconut Inn, which is one of his other properties close by. He now has 3 properties all within walking distance. We love the Sabal Palms for its "old Florida funkiness". It's always nice to see the same employees year after year. We've been coming for at least 10 years now and Judy the housekeeper bends over backwards to keep everyone happy. It such a joy to see her every time! Eddie the manager is very professional at what he does. We will be back every year as long as we can!

Room Tip: All rooms have benefits, front has water view, rear has easy access to hot tub and grill.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M

Reviewed 2 January 2014

From the time I was searching for a place in Pass-A-Grille to stay for a couple days to our arrival and departure, we had nothing but good experiences at this Inn which is part of a 3-Inn (Coconut Inn and Havana Inn are the others) property. And, Eddie was a great guy to work with from start to finish. My daughter and I had only a short time to stay (2-nights) but everything was just about perfect. We had a gulf side unit which allowed us a view of the ocean and an easy walk to the beach. The pool at the Sabal had a thermostat problem but we easily went a block away to the Coconut for a warm visit to the pool there. As I am awaiting a hip replacement, the beach, which is narrower in this area and packed the sand packed a little harder than further up St. Pete, allowed me to get to the water via the access ramp right across from the Inn, and do some shelling. The Inn provides beach chairs (and bikes if I was able to use one) for guests. We enjoyed short jaunts to some of the area restaurants which all have excellent seafood dinners and great atmospheres. It took us a day to get a Dolphin cruise because it was so close to Christmas that many of the lines were on limited trips but we did find one eventually. That certainly was not a fault of the Inn, just the time of year. We certainly plan on visiting again and hopefully will have more time the next trip. Having stayed in several other places on St. Pete Beach, none has matched this stay.

Room Tip: A Gulf view provides a beautiful sunset!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Only a few yards from the beach on the Gulf of Mexico, this is a great place to spend a winter! We stayed in January 2013, and are about to go back in a couple of days again, and cannot wait. The place is clean, well run, and staffed by Eddie and Judy who are very attentive and wonderful people to know. We were very pleased and are so looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you have mobility problems. A front room will get you a view of the b...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We took my 81 year old mother there and Eddie picked us up and took us back to the airport, took us to a grocery store for wine and breakfast things and treated us like family. He was there to help my mom up stairs, to get her to the beach. Location perfect with walkable restaurants and sunsets. I'm a travel writer and this is a secret spot for a low key getaway.

Room Tip: Get ocean view and sit on porch
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank P N
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I am a local resident of Tampa and am a returning guest to Sabal Palms. This is my absolute favorite escape on my favorite beach:) I have stayed here by myself, with my two kids and with my sisters family from up north! It is one of their favorites spots also. It is right across from the beach , clean, kitchenette, grill with patio tables out back, beach cruisers to use, beach chairs, small heated pool, walking distance to all local bars/restraunts, reasonable rates. Eddie is awesome and make you feel like family. With it being such a low key beach with no high rises or any extra light... it is perfect stargazing conditions on the beach at night.... again, right across the street!!! I have been a resident of Tampa for 15 years now and I feel so fortunate to live so close to such a beautiful spot. Pass a Grille is my escape and I love that I have such a great place to stay at!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

A couple of miles from St Pete Beach but the quieter end.
Cross the road & you're on the beach. Enough bars & restaurants in walking distance without being built up.
Nice old guest house, kept very clean by the very friendly & helpful staff.
A few (6ish) bicycles to borrow - 1st come basis.
Chairs to take over the road to the beach.
Gas bar-b-q available to use.
Heated spa pool - lovely temp, powerful jets.
Well equipped kitchenette.
Not huge rooms but good value & well looked after.
Would recommend.

Room Tip: We had 1st floor to rear. Lots of light. Nice & quiet. No sea view but didn't go to spend...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Repeat visitor to Sabal Palms - most recent trip was to visit relatives and do some area college visits. Reasonable rates for clean room with kitchenette, just across the street from the gorgeous Pass A Grille beach - very easy to put your feet in the sand! Early morning walks on the beach a must - wonderful sea treasures, pelicans, dolphins - plenty of photo opps. Daily maid service, and bikes, bbq, beach chairs on site. Well located in PAG, walking distance to great on-water breakfast spots and lovely shops. Property overall well maintained, excellent and friendly staff. Parking passes provided. Highly recommend for a weekend, week, or longer!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family