“My best vacation ever!”

Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Edwards, Colorado
“My best vacation ever!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hard to try and sum up all the wonderful things I want to say about Sabal Palms Inn and the incredible staff. I had the best, most restful, enjoyable vacation ever. Lovely, quaint Passe Grill, and the beautiful Gulf brought me peace and staying at Sabal Palms gave me rest and contentment. Before I arrived, Eddie took great care of all the details with a warm, welcoming spirit. So genuinely, caring and thoughtful. When I arrived, I was welcomed by Vivian who is a true gem! Helping me get settled into my beautiful, spotless room, offering her help in any way, made me feel truly welcomed. My room was immaculate. I had Unit #3 facing the Gulf..it was PERFECT. Beautiful view directly out to the Gulf, a corner balcony, windows all around my room, perfect size kitchenette, beach towels, beach chairs, bikes, lovely courtyard and pool, all surrounded by lush trees and foliage. Perfection. Eddie looked after every detail of the room..anything brought to his attention was taken care of right away, and with genuine care. Every day the staff is cleaning, and working both inside and out, keeping everything tidy and well maintained. SO many thoughtful touches everywhere. I just can't say enough good things about Sabal Palms Inn, it's perfect location and the wonderful, hard-working, caring, thoughtful staff. It really is the staff which makes a place first-class..and the staff at Sable Palms exceeded all expectations. Five stars all around! Thank you Eddie, Vivian, Yudith and the owner, Joe for helping to make my vacation the best I have ever had. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I love the front-facing Gulf-view rooms but the interior, pool-facing rooms are shadier and have a n...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Beachgirl33405

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I were planning to drive over to the gulf coast area and stay for a few days, but couldn't agree on where to stay. Using TripAdvisor, we searched and searched through the many hotels and resorts along the coast. After deciding on St. Pete, we noticed Sabal Palms Inn continued to come up as a top choice for travelers. We couldn't figure out why an Inn over the many resorts and hotels. We were willing to spend the money for one of the resorts, but they never seemed worth it. We decided to just drive over and see things in person. We still weren't pleased with the big name places, just not what we wanted. We ended up on Gulf Way and saw Sabal...HOW ADORABLE!! My husband remembered the name from our search, so we stopped, checked out a room, LOVED it, and stayed. Yudit was awesome! She got us checked in quickly, gave us a tour of the facility/amenities, and she also gave us a playpen to use for our son. This place is steps from the beach with VERY clean rooms and an amazing staff. We got the last room available (#10) and though it didn't have the gulf view, our needs were so beyond met that we didn't miss it. Between the two of us we must have said at least 5 times "I'm so glad we found this place!". There are several places to eat just down the sidewalk including a tasty ice cream parlor. I now understand why the reviews were so positive. I'm so happy we didn't book a place before driving over to St. Pete, we would have never realized the slice of heaven we were missing just down the way. Between the other guests being so kind and the incredible staff, I can't imagine having stayed anywhere else. We will stay here every time we return to the area. Our stay was July 17-19, 2014.

Room Tip: Request room 1, 2, or 3 if you want a gulf view. If you are traveling with a baby/toddler ask if any...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed many times at this hotel and I rate it the best in St. Pete. Other hotels are a long walk on the sand to get to the ocean this hotel is across the street from the ocean and once you cross the street the ocean is right in front of you, Lovely. The room is simply decorated and clean. Kitchen has all amenities to save money and cook, oh and also a large gas bbq grill. Bicycles are also available. This is my hotel I will come every year because of the location and cleanliness. 5 stars for me.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel is wonderfully situated on Pass-A-Grille Beach, near the marina and Hurricane Restaurant. My daughter and I stayed at the Havana Inn (1 bedroom) and it was simply fabulous! The rooms were clean and full of sea-side charm. The staff was welcoming and helpful. Highly recommended for a short or long stay. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We enjoyed our time at Sabal Palms, as usual, and my husband and I really feel like we've been on a vacation when we stay for few days. The staff is so accommodating and they can't do enough for you during your stay. I feel so lucky to live close by to this little piece of paradise.

Room Tip: The 3 apartments up front are my favorite, but when they are not available, there are certainly othe...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Nice place to stay. Our room was small, but Judy kept our room spotlessly clean. It was close to shops, restaurants and just across from the beach. The bikes available on site made getting around very easy. We enjoyed out stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were looking for an easy, lovely, beachside getaway and Sabal Palms didn't disappoint. Intimate, clean, cozy, quiet but not fancy. Perfect location in quiet and relaxing Pass-A-Grille area but close enough to St Pete beach "action" and interesting downtown area. Staff was great and guests were too :-) We just kept going back and forth from beach to pool to our cozy room. Look forward to going back soon and trying their other properties as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends