“Still our favorite place in St Pete”
Review of Rick's Reef

Rick's Reef
Ranked #32 of 153 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Casual Dining restaurant with a focus on fresh ingredients located on St. Pete Beach. Serving BREAKFAST, lunch, dinner and late night. Plenty of outdoor seating on the patio, and indoor seating, air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. Serving fresh seafood, and home-made chicken, pork and beef selections, all prepared fresh, by hand, specifically for you. Sauces, vegetables and mixed dishes prepared daily, in-house, and always from fresh ingredients. The friendly staff, and regular local crowd, make it a fun place to hang out. With a full-service bar, and plenty of indoor and outdoor seating at the bar, there is something for everyone. The restaurant is family friendly, and dogs are welcome in the outdoor seating area.
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We just returned from our third visit to St Pete and we always look forward to spending time at Ricks. We just love the friendly atmosphere, great food and equally great service. In these three visits I believe we've tried almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. Great selection, nice size portions and very reasonable prices-nothing has changed there. The owner is continuously making improvements to the property. He has just finished the new bars on the inside seating area. They are amazing, hand painted by a local artist. If you're looking for a very clean, laid-back place to dine and hang out, you must stop in.

3  Thank JasonDiane
Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed 8 October 2013

If you haven't been to Ricks Reef (under new ownership from when it was "The Reef") you are missing out. My wife and I have been travelling to St-Pete beach for the past 12 years and this great pub/ restaurant features awesome atmosphere and fabulous food. You can sit inside where it is air conditioned or sit in the covered outdoor patio. The staff is great and you only need to visit once before Rick, Don, James, Chris or Samantha (there might be more that we haven't met yet) remember what you drink and will have it in front of you before you have to ask. Watch the game on the many TV's or talk to the bartender about the many things going on around town. Try one of the daily specials which are "to die for" and such a great deal that two people won't be able to finish all of the food that is served. They also have the best in-house smoked pork on Sundays (which they do on their own smokers ummmm!!) as well as the best Lobster Mac & Cheese on Saturday that we have ever had, my wife couldn't wait to get to St-Pete again to have it. (go early or you may miss out!) The thing we love the best though was Ricks "hands on" approach to his bar/restaurant, he will always mingle around and stop to say hello, and ask how everything is. They are starting to offer breakfast tomorrow (Oct 9th) and can't wait to try it. Don't pay attention to any negative reviews....you really have to try it for yourself.

2  Thank Muriel-Bob
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Visited Ricks early evening, it was raining heavily and there were only a few folks sat around the bar when we arrived. We have passed this place on a number of occasions and it always seemed to be very busy, so we had high hopes.
We were the only guests sat eating in the restaurant, so the atmosphere was a little thin. But we felt that the service and menu were both lackluster.
We had some nibbles as appetisers and within a couple of minutes the Entree's were on the table and sat going cold, whilst we finished them.
The burgers were average and the bun seemed old and stale & it wasnt like the kitchen was under pressure.

I can see the attraction of this place a a bar and music venue, but not impressed on the food.
maybe we just hit a bad night?

Don G, General Manager at Rick's Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

I would like to start by apologizing for the less than excellent experience you had. I do attribute it to your comment of "maybe it was an off night", however that does not make it any more acceptable to me. I would really appreciate if you are still in town to stop by and introduce yourself so that I may have an opportunity to speak with you in person about your experience at our restaurant.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Visited on Sunday evening and had the good fortune of ordering the special smoked pork sliders, all I can say is WOW! Really great flavor with a generous amount of pork. The fries were a great side as was the coleslaw. We also shared an appetizer of the 3 cheese mac&cheese and potato skins, both really tasty. This is a nice and friendly place with good service. We had Sherrie as our server and she did a great job. The Place is small but they have a covered outside area and Sunday had live entrainment. Inside they have several large screen TV's if you want to see a ballgame. Well worth a visit if you're in St. Pete Beach.

3  Thank fatbobOrlando
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We entered the restaurant and were told we could sit where we liked by a very uninterested waitress. There were about 3 other customers at the bar. The waitress took our order then brought the starters and drinks. Whilst we were eating the starters she brought up the main meals and proceeded to put these on the table. My starter was pushed out of the way by her putting my main meal of salmon in front of me. Overall we were in and out within 45 mins. Considering the restaurant was empty i couldnt work out why they rushed the food out. The salmon was under cooked.

4  Thank LittleBlondeHair
Don G, General Manager at Rick's Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

I am sorry to hear about your experience at our restaurant. I would like to get some more details from you about your visit so that I can have an opportunity to put steps in place to insure this doesn't happen again. If you are still in St. Pete Beach I would really appreciate it if you would come in or call me so that I can have an opportunity to make our restaurant better, as well as make up for your less than satisfactory visit to you.