“Atmosphere, Service, and Food !!!”
Review of Riviera Supper Club - CLOSED

Riviera Supper Club
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Mangorve St. and Boca Ciega Dr.
Description: Fresh Market Cuisine in a Casual Atmosphere. Cozy and charming dining rooms for a romantic evening with your significant other, family or friends. An incredible Bouquet of Entertainers, four days a week, to enjoy while having a dance or just listening to during dinner.A family owned and operated restaurant and lounge who want you to have "A Tasty Experience".
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Went here on a Saturday night with a reservation and were promptly seated. Had a terrific server who took great care of us. Gave recommendations and answered questions on menu. The atmosphere is a welcome change from many of the beach grills. Soft lighting and colors to match. There are two rooms: Music where they had a terrific trio of musicians and singer and the outside where you can hear the music but it isn;t right in front of you. I can see why it is highly rated. The food was great. Crab Cakes are almost all crab and delicious. Caesar Salad was great as were the two entrees that we had: Salmon and Snapper. The menu was very diverse: Quail, Duck, Steak, Chateaubriand and a number of other fish dishes. We also had key lime pie for dessert. Everything is prepared on site. This isn't a gourmet restaurant but a very well run establishment with great service and atmosphere with people that care about the people that they are serving. Had Prosecco which was reasonably price as well as a few glasses of merlot…all terrific……I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for something different then the run of the mill beach restaurant.

1  Thank J0hnPM10

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Marina and Kevin,

What a great and wonderful restaurant. As a person that travels for a living I am exposed to many restaurants. Rivera Supper Club is top notch. Your international cousin is something very rare and delicious .

On top of great food you provide an extremely romantic atmosphere topped only by the hospitality and service provide by both of you and your staff.

We are looking forward to our next enjoyable evening with you.

Michael M. Moore

Reviewed 14 November 2013

What a beautiful place! What a beautiful food! What a beautiful people! It's a family owned business, so you fill here like at home! Enjoyed everything so much! Recommend to all other travelers! Best place in the area!
Thank you Marina and Kevin , keep up doing what you do !

1  Thank Fill P
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My neighbor wanted to go on Saturday night so we did. My first experience was not good but all restaurants have "off nights." I thought I would give it another try. Neither of us thought our meals was worth a #1 spot, that's for sure. Bland and nothing special. And what's funny is take a look at the responses from the person who writes back to you when you have a concern or suggestions or don't give it a 5 star. His reposes are so negative and condesending...that attitude is unexceptable. I would think he or she may want to know how to improve, etc. Makes sense now why our server was rude. It comes from the top.

1  Thank janie b
Kevin O, Owner at Riviera Supper Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

We consistently invite our patrons to give us their feedback about everything when we walk up to the table because they, like you, are why we are here. If you were displeased with anything, we would always want to know right then.
Without seeming negative and condescending, I would think the time to say something about your experience would have been when something could have been done about it.
I appreciate the opportunity to improve in any way. I will always listen to constructive criticism based on specifics regarding the food or service out of this desire to consistently improve for our patrons. But how can vague criticism after the fact without substance help us to improve the situation for anyone based on your specific concern. We have nothing more than a remote accusation about the food and service to help us improve.
While we will review our procedures for food preparation to see if we missed anything and speak to our staff about the importance of being courteous every minute, we have nothing else to do except take care of all the wonderful people who grace our doors.
Again, without being negative or condescending, I respond to reviews both positive and negative. Being thankful is a joy and very easy compared to responding to this.
I hope you find a place you can write a good review of and feel at home there in the same way as so many people have expressed about their experience at the Riviera.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My girlfriend and I came to this great place again last Friday. Oh My God! It felt like we came home. The Owners are extremely friendly. The new Manager Scott greeted us at the door like we are a part of the family. The food was scrumptious, like always. My girlfriend couldn't stop ooo-ing and aah-ing over her Veal Marsala. And my Crab Cakes were the REAL DEAL, all Crab and tasted incredible.

We spent 3 hours in the piano room, having dinner, listening to the music and watching couples dancing. By the end of the night it seemed like everybody was having a great time and leaving very happy. I know we did!

We will definitely be back again.

1  Thank Oxana B