“Nice Quick Getaway”
Review of BayWaters Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
BayWaters Inn
Reviewed 7 July 2013

What a nice little piece of paradise. Nice clean rooms, with cute little kitchen. Beautiful landscaping and herb garden. Stayed at BayWaters only two nights, wish we could have stayed longer. John Paul and Brooks were very friendly and made my husband and I feel right at home. Will be back soon with our dog and to see the sunrise from the dock!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
17  Thank lajollaresort

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I had a wonderful little 4 day getaway at Baywaters Inn. It is a totally renovated 1950's style motel, with a courtyard that the dogs can play in, efficiency room, and dock right on the Bay. No swimming pool, but the courtyard and dock are a great place to sit out and read a book and chill.

It is in a safe mostly residential neighborhood and I enjoyed walking the dog every day down to the gulf, where we visited two dog-friendly bars/restaurants: The Sloppy Pelican, and Willy's. It was fun watching the fishermen and boaters while enjoying island food and refreshments, with no need to drive back to Baywaters, as it is about a 10 minute walk along the historic Corey Avenue shopping district.

The air conditioning in the room almost froze me out until I tweaked the temperature, and when there is a nice breeze, it's great just to open the windows. The kitchen was adequate and very well-equipped with almost a full size refrigerator. I generally cooked two meals a day and ate out once. The bathroom sported vintage black and pink tile, much like the house I grew up in in Orlando in the 60's. They did a real nice job keeping the mid-century modern flair to the property, while modernizing with flat screen TV's and eclectic whimsical furniture.

Brooks and John-Michael, the property managers/owners, were awesome, as was Brooks' mother, who also lives on the property. The property is completely fenced in except for a small breezeway at the entrance, for which they are currently having a gate fabricated, so the dogs will be able to play without risk of escape. Their labs, Bulldozer and Sparky, were very friendly, though mine, Wendy, wanted nothing to do with Sparky, the 8 month old chocolate puppy, who wouldn't give up on her!

If you like affordable, personable, quaint, non-corporate lodgings with walking convenience to many attractions/restaurants/shopping, I would highly recommend Baywaters Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
16  Thank vinyldoc
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This place honestly was the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I travel with my husband and kids and of course our 80lbs. American bulldog who loves the staff and vacationers there. Everything about this place was excellent. Pet friendly not your average 25lb pet friendly places either. I Absolutely recommend this place for the entire family vacations or work trips with you animals.

• Stayed: June 2013
16  Thank JJgray06
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I have been a guest here at Baywaters Inn for over 2 months. I have been traveling as a nurse and had the option of many different hotels as I am working in St Petersberg currently. I did not like the high rise hotels my company initially chose for me, so I found one on my own. I found Baywaters for my extended stay. They are located on Boca Ciega Bay in St Petes Beach, a little bit of Paradise, an extremely pleasant atmosphere after a long days work. It is peaceful and quiet whether you are looking for a weekend stay or a long stay. The rooms are large with a full kitchen and bath. It is clean ,no bugs, with a comfy bed and there is a laundry room on the premises . The grounds are beautiful with the fruit trees and flower beds and a beautiful view of the bay. Every Sunday night we have a bonfire with the other guests and get to know each other. The owners are wonderful people who make you feel at home. I have met many happy clients here in the last two months who rave about this hotel. The rates are extremely reasonable and best of all they are pet friendly so my fur baby felt right at home too. I highly recommend this wonderful piece of paradise. Just ask for Brooks or John Michael they will professionally assist with your vacation or extended stay needs. Enjoy.

Room Tip: The rooms have various themes to them and are very unique. During my stay here , I have had friends...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
17  Thank jamesnchrissy
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My husband Jens and I stayed at BayWaters Inn for 3 weeks while we were having renovations. We absolutely loved our stay. When we got to our room it was super clean which is very important to us. The rooms are decorated so cute and they have a nice kitchen that is supplied with all of your cooking needs. Another huge plus is that it's pet friendly! Winston and Roxy felt right at home and enjoyed the beautiful courtyard. Winston and Roxy give BayWaters Inn a five bone rating! :) The owners Brooks and John Michael were always cordial and always available to do what it took to make your stay comfortable. They also make wonderful bonfires on Sunday nights. By the time our stay was over we became family and friends!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
16  Thank AVoepel
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Wow! That is just about the only word that comes out of my mouth when thinking of BayWaters Inn at St. Pete Beach. My husband and I travel alot because of his work and we have been to many motels/hotels around the country and in the state of Fl. Right now, our favorite hotel was the Extended Stay Deluxe but upon finding BayWaters Inn and experiencing their lovely rooms and beautiful property, we have to say that BayWaters tops the list now. We truly felt pampered from the minute we arrived. The rooms are immaculate and stocked with all the best linens, towels, blankets, etc. Such care was given to each and every detail of these rooms, down to the kitchen being stocked with anything and everything you could possibly use to the bathmat in the bathroom that pampered your feet after a shower. The owners are wonderfully cordial and very welcoming..they truly want you to have the best experience while you are here. They cater to their residents by hosting a "bonfire" in their lovely courtyard each Sunday for a meet and greet, where they surprised us by bringing out homemade Smore's to heat over the fire! I do have to say that this quaint little Inn on the Bay in St Pete Beach Fl has just ranked, in my book, to the top of my hotel list. The new Owners, Brooks and John Michael-along with Bulldozer and Sparky-have turned this once dinghy and lackluster for customer service 'motel' into a lovely "diamond-in-the-rough" Inn, overlooking the Bay Waters of the Gulf of Mexico and sporting beautiful rooms with personal touch amenities that you will find not only thoughtful but very "value"able in your hotel experience. For us, the BayWaters Inn made St Pete Beach all the more appealing and enjoyable and we would totally recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
17  Thank Jennifer Z
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed there for a weekend and loved every minute of it! The room was very clean and kitchen was well equipped with every utensil you could think of! The small touches like the bathroom floor mat that your feet just moulded into when you stepped out of the shower, and the soft close toilet seat were just a few of the things which made it different from other places we have stayed. They also spent a bit of time listing all the channels on the tv and describing each one. There is a great pier that we liked sitting at, waiting patiently for the dolphins to swim past. The location of the motel is far enough away from the beach to make it very peaceful but only a short walk away from all the bars, restaurants and beach front. Highly recommend the BayWaters Inn for a homely stay away from home. Thank you for a lovely experience from a very happy couple from Scotland.. We will be back

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple