“Good food, good location, good service!”

Silas Dent's Steakhouse
Ranked #57 of 150 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$38
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Silas Steak & Seafood is a great place to have a really nice dining experience set in a fun atmosphere. We have many selections to choose from including: Slow Roasted Prime Rib, Ribeye, NY Strip and center cut Steaks, also Filet Mignon, all cut in-house daily. Fresh Grouper caught right in the Gulf of Mexico and fillet'd by our Chef. Also Burgers, Ribs, Tapas, Happy Hour 11:30a - 6:30p, Kids Menu, and more! Kids Eat Free daily from 4p-6:30p (per adult entree), Live Piano entertainment Fri & Sat's. Banquet facilities available, outdoor seating on our tiki deck in front, and a service oriented friendly staff!
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I am a bit shocked at the polarizing reviews of this restaurant so I felt compelled to post my review. Over the past give years my family has been making an annual trip to St Pete's beach. We always make it a point to stop at Silas Dents. It is in a convenient location and overlooks the bay (call ahead if you want a window seat), the menu is pretty extensive, they have some unique features that are appealing to kids (the decor, a train that goes around the restaurant, pretzel bread and the sorbet course served in mini cones). The pricing is fair and I always have good food and service. Clearly some places have good days and bad days but luckily for my family we have always had luck at Silas Dents!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We are locals and had not eaten here for a few years. We decided to try today. The restaurant is in need of a 'face lift', it is very tired on the inside. The cleanliness Silas Dent's is lacking. Management needs to take a real good look around. We sat at a booth near the back window on the water and there were dead bugs sitting on the window ledge around the clam shells sitting there. This was not attractive nor gave us a very clean feeling! We had too wait an hour for two simple sandwiches, our server was very apologetic and offered us a salad or soup on the house, he was nice, but the kitchen was having some difficulties keeping up! I did not enjoy my meal at all!!! I had the shrimp po-boy sandwich and the shrimp were cold and were rubbery. I was very disappointed with Silas Dents. My husband said his burger was not so bad, but he was put off with the overall 'lack of appeal' from the restaurant. We will not be back. Good thing there are a lot of tourist that come to Silas Dents, because the locals surely know better! Huge disappointment!!!!

1  Thank FLATraveller52
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Quirky, quaint and homely. Great surf and turf for the wife which was a delight. I had the Grouper special with wild rice, prawns and a great sauce all sat on a bed of awesome spinach. Superb! Pricey but worth it? on balance, yes.

Asked for a view, table available but didn't give it to us so a one slight downer.

Food a cut above the usual and tastes we savoured all night

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Cozy, beautifully presented food, Great tasting Food.. On the bay side of Gulf Blvd... Across the street from Trade Winds. Look forward to returning with the kids Great "Captain Seat Booth" up a few stairs. Electric Train Running along ceiling edge. Menu in form of news paper with back ground information on "Who is Silas". Pretty Cool..

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We eat here everytime we come to St Pete's Beach. This is our favorite steak house anywhere. The food is beyond good. I usually get prime rib and my wife loves the filet mignon. Everything is perfect from the service staff to the salad, pretzel bread and the meal. Sometimes, but not always, there is room for dessert. Try the fried cheesecake. the greeter/hostess honored our request to sit looking at the water. she put us in a nice little both in the corner by ourselves. Our server, Nathan was professional and made us feel like a member of his family. Of course, you know we'll be back again and again.