“Reserve early...”

The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 147 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Price range: US$29 - US$75
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Immerse yourself in the most delectable dining experience Tampa Bay has to offer at The Maritana Grille. At this signature restaurant of the beautiful Loews Don CeSar resort, you’re surrounded by 1,500 gallons of salt water aquariums filled with colorful, native Florida fish. You’ll dine on the freshest local seafood prepared with pure, organic ingredients in a New American style. With an extensive wine list and world-class service, it’s no wonder The Maritana Grille was voted one of the Top 10 seafood restaurants in the United States by the Gayot Guide, and has received AAA’s 4-Diamond Rating for the past 15 years. The vibe is casual, no jackets required. The atmosphere is festive yet intimate and the food is incomparably delicious. The Maritana Grille turns every meal into a magical dining experience.
Morris County, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,269 helpful votes
“Reserve early...”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This year we made the mistake of Not reserving early and so we missed out on the great dining experience we had on our previous visits to Don Cesar. The Maritana Grillle has a fantastic reputation and therefore books very quickly.
Unfortunately it is not just the hotel guests that dine here and we will make sure to reserve our table well in an advance of our stay in Don Cesar next year!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Wenovo
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I apologize that you were not able to experience Maritana Grille. We appreciate the effort and are disappointed you could not get in.

Moving forward, please feel free to contact the concierge directly at 727-363-5077 when you book your room and they can assist you in making your dining reservations.

Thanks again! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Loews Don CeSar

Iowa
“Outstanding dining experience”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

As guests at the Don Cesar, we decided to splurge and try a special dinner at the Maritana and we were not disappointed! The setting was understated but elegant, the service was impeccable and the fresh seafood was spectacular.

This restaurant would be in the top 10 in any major city in the United States!

Visited March 2014
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I love splurging and I'm glad that you do as well.

Thanks for the great review of Maritana Grille. I'm excited that you enjoyed a memorable dining experience and hope that you'll return in the future.

Loews Don Cesar Hotel
CUMMING
“1st Class Gourmet Restaurant”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

There is nothing at this restaurant that we didn't like. It is beautiful! The food is incredible (thanks to a chef I was told came to them from the Ritz Carlton)! The staff must have trained in NYC at the best restaurants and then taken Southern hospitality lessons in Charleston before coming to the Maritana Grille. They are wonderful! Be sure to make reservations.

Visited March 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Amazing Food, Service and Presentation!!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Quick look: had an amazing culinary experience at this restaurant with my family on Tuesday, March 11th 2014 for dinner. One of the best meals we have had in a long time. Would award you more stars if allowed!

In depth review: Booking a dinner reservation at the Maritana Grille for the family on the final night of our stay in the area was the perfect excuse to finally visit the beautiful Don Cesar Resort. We booked a 6:45pm dinner reservation on Open Table. Upon arrival we were taken back by the intimacy of the small room. Only two other tables were sat at this time. By 7:30pm the entire restaurant was full. This is a fancier restaurant do leave the flip-flops and shorts behind. While it may be fancy, it is certainly not stuffy. It's very comfortable and you can carry on a conversation at a jovial level. The room has high ceilings, salt water aquariums and a comforting minimalistic design esthetic. Very relaxing and nice.

The lady and myself ordered some glasses of red wine, my parents split a couple mini bottles of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio. For an appetizer we ordered the Pork Belly and Truffle Grits and a raw Wahoo sushi type dish they had on special. The Pork Belly and Truffle Grits is beyond this world and you will consider licking the plate clean. The raw Wahoo was also quite amazing and I am glad I had the chance to sample it. Did I mention the Pork belly and Truffle Grits were AMAZING?!

My mother ordered the spicy coconut bisque and loved it. Great presentation a sthe pour the bisque into the bowl at your table.

The entrees were extraordinaire and served with 5 star quality presentation. I ordered the Black Grouper and could not believe all of the different flavors my taste buds were experiencing. Was presented with a saffron foam seasoning on top. It was superb and I recommend it highly. My mother had the short ribs and I sampled them. They were melt in your mouth amazing. I would order them myself and recommend them also. Everyone at the table was full of compliments on the entrees. We brought our 11 year old niece with us and she devoured her red snapper dish.

The real winner is the desert at the Maritana Grille. I was fortunate enough to order an item that was called the "Apple Reveal." Upon delivery to the table I was presented with an item that looked like a giant ostrich egg. Confused as to what I was served, I did not know what to do? Our server then poured hot maple syrup over the egg and it quickly melted to reveal my desert inside! The egg was made of white chocolate mousse. I could not believe what I just saw or how it tasted!?

I wish I could remember our female servers name as she was professional and had perfect timing with everything. The Maritana Grille is a top notch restaurant and I will most certainly be back on my next visit to the area. Hats off to the chef, the servers, bartenders and management!

Suggest you enjoy a post dinner drink / cocktail at the Don Cesar Lobby Bar. Comfortable atmosphere and live jazz entertainment.

• Visited March 2014
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
WOW! I wish we had the tools for you to give us more stars as well! But your glowing review was more than enough to get your point across.

I am pleased that your experience was so memorable. What you mentioned truly reflects a dining journey that is remarkably satisfying in an atmosphere that is comfortable, and not stuffy. And your comments about the food, including our signature Reveal dessert, and very much appreciated!

And a visit to Loews Don Cesar is never completed without at least a quick stop (if not longer) at the Lobby Bar for a classic cocktail and some live jazz! It really brings the entire "Don Cesar" experience together.

Thanks again for such great remarks and we hope to welcome you and your family back soon!

Loews Don Cesar Hotel
Markham, Ontario, Canada
“A truly wonderful fine dining experience at the Historic Don Cesar Loews Hotel”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

First Class Five Star but a very comfortable atmosphere a truly Florida setting, The Historic Don Cesar, Loews Hotel: The Maritana Grill was Absolutely a wonderful experience an excellent Menu high with quality service and exquisite cuisine A great selection of local seafood. Weddings my daughter was married here at The Don Cesar three years ago and they handled everything was exceptional and again when we visited everything as expected, wonderful and has only gotten much better. A World Class Hotel and Restaurant at the Historical beautiful Don Cesar. Again as usual Everything was amazing! From the beautiful walk and view of the Gulf of Mexico before dinner and most gorgeous Sunset on St. Pete's Beach to the the Lobby Bar the bartender Tommy is a professional and a great person to have a pre-dinner cocktail. A charming southern experience a wonderful old Florida hotel experience you would think Earnest Hemingway could walk in anytime a great piano bar, also Christine on the bar was very nice and pleasant on the bar after dinner for a late night drink. Dinner from the reservations to the dinner was extremely professional and everyone from "the Don" was right on the ball, Susan called us back right away, Rhdika was very pleasant when she greeted us when we arrived at the Maritana Grill.Closest to perfection on the beach in my experience. My wife and I and her Uncle and his friend loved the setting and it was overall a great night. The Maritana Grill restaurant is a real dining treasure. The décor is understated elegance. The real treat was our server for the night Jeff. I am well traveled and enjoy fine dining this was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I have had have had the pleasure of dining at incredible restaurants this Is a first class dining. My wife and I can not remember a time we were more impressed with service. Jeff, His knowledge and impressive description of the menu and took the time to discuss each course the wines and why they would highlight each course. The food is exceptional and was delightful and was cooked to perfection. This is the on, you won't be disappointed. The Manager John Marks was awarded top Loews Hotel Manager of the Year and you can see first Hand. St Pete's the Beach the Sun the Sunsets, great Lobby Bar and Maritana Grill perfect! Don Bremner Tierra Verde FL and Toronto Canada

• Visited March 2014
First Class Five Star....hard to beat that!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while at Loews Don Cesar and Maritana Grille on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate you mentioning some individuals who were so attentive to your needs and that they played a role in you having such a memorable experience.

We hope to welcome you back again.....any more weddings in the future???

All the best,