“Fantastic!”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 67th Avenue
Description: Fetishes Fine Dining is a long established, fine dining destination that has achieved international recognition for its excellent cuisine and award winning wine list during 17 years in the same location. Enjoy an intimate dining experience, with candlelight and white linen, in an 8 table dining room. Fetishes has received accolades from such notable publications as Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines, as well as travel related sites such as Trip Advisor and Zagat. For the past 10 years we have also received Wine Spectator magazines' award of excellence for our extensive wine list, offering multiple vintages of many domestic and imported selections. Fetishes is supported by the upscale hotels on our beach as their first option for off premises fine dining for the discerning clientele that they serve. It is the perfect spot for your special night out. Food allergy friendly (please mention when you make your reservation) Reservations preferred. Casual attire welcomed. Most of our guests will be dressed as "business casual".
Reviewed 2 May 2010

We ate at Fetishes for the first time last week. Because it was a slow Monday, we had the Steak Diane prepared tableside. The dinner was excellent. We also had the 'family recipe' dessert of an orangey cake with chocolate chips and chocolate syrup on top. Excellent also. We will put it on our list to go every year when we're in St. Pete.

Reviewed 19 April 2010

We have been visiting St.Petersburg for many years and have always made a point of dining at Fetishes. While we have found other restaurants to be inconsistent, Fetishes could always be counted on to create the perfect combination of delicate cuisine, solicitous service, and comfortable ambiance. Do not miss an opportunity to be dazzled by this jewel of a restaurant.

Reviewed 7 April 2010

This is a small, intimate, white table cloth restaurant located in an unassuming strip mall. The menu leans toward fresh fish, but all items are excellent. The owner is always on premise and has an extensive knowledge of wines in his cellar. This is for fine dining, not fast dining.

1  Thank murphy79
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I have been to Fetishes numerous times over the past 14 years and have never been disappointed. As good as it was in the early years, it is even better today. From the initial greeting to the last morsel of food I could not have been more satisfied. I loved the crab cake appetizer and the tender, juicy, seasoned to perfection Filet Mignon was a gustatory delight. The restaurant is small and cozy, just right for a romantic evening. From my experience, I would say that the wine list is comparable to some of the finest restaurants in the states. The owner, Bruce, who also serves as Maitre D' and waiter, is always friendly and responsive. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in the St. Pete Beach area. I may add that I have recommended Fetishes to many of my professional colleagues over the years, and have received glowing comments and thanks from all of them.

1  Thank Les011
Reviewed 11 February 2010

My wife and I made our second trip to Fetishes on January 23, 2010. It will be our last unitl the owner figures out that, in addition to a nice cozy atmosphere, it takes a combination of good service and good food to be successful in upscale dining. We were seated within 5 minutes of our reserved time, which was good. Unfortunately, it took another 20 minutes for the owner's assistant to fill our water glasses and bring menus, and yet another 15 minutes for the owner, who tried not to make eye contact with numerous waiting, unattended tables, to ask us if we'd like some wine. The wine selection is good. We ordered a bottle, which he (the owner) brought almost 15 minutes later. He was waiting tables (very slowly, so as to manage the slow output of the kitchen), serving wine, and otherwise hovering over his assistant. It took another 15 minutes for the owner to take our order. There was no other assistance in the small dining room, and many patrons were mumbling (easy to hear in the small dining room) that it was taking forever to get any portion of their meals served. The escargot appetizer, which finally arrived, was very good and uniquely served in a pastry tower. We both ordered the rack of lamb as an entre. Mine was good, my wife's was mostly fat. After trying to get the owner's or his assistant's attention (avoidance of eye contact and unattentiveness was quite unbelievable), my wife gave up and left most of her meal on the plate. After 2 hours (no exaggerating!), we asked for the check and told the assistant about the "bad" meal my wife received.The assistant assured us she would inform the owner. The owner delivered the check and did not say a word about our problem. This was not a relaxing, enjoyable, fine dining experience. It was a painfully slow, unattentive, and uncomfortable dining disappointment.

7  Thank Q45rich
St_PeteBeachOwner, Owner, Manager at Fetishes Dining & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2010

Under pressure from customers and family I am responding to this particular review. In an attempt to stay unemotional regarding this attack on my ability and my character, I will simply say that the lady's lamb was taken off of their check. Whether or not we agreed with the claim of "fatty" lamb is irrelevant and I honestly don't remember.

Their timeline is extremely exaggerated, accept for the 2 hour total which would not be all that different from our norm.

As far as my "hovering" over my assistant, I've been doing that since the day she was born. She's my daughter.

Hopefully this reviewer will stay true to their word and make this visit their last.