“Light meal on a hot humid evening”
Review of Sea Critters Cafe

Sea Critters Cafe
Ranked #29 of 146 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Light meal on a hot humid evening”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had wonderful freshly made red sangria, great spinach/artichoke appetizer with pita slices. Decided to try the crab salad sandwich, there was so much crab that I ended up eating only 1/2 and brought 1/2 sandwich home. The salad was very good with large pieces of crab, nice pieces of celery and red peppers. My daughter had the blackened chicken breast sandwich and said it was juicy and tender and the seasoning just right. We sat out on the dock and enjoyed the little breeze that would pick up. The restaurant was quite full, we prefer to eat on the deck or the dock. Servers were attentive and quick.

“Hook and cook”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Food was good but I took my own fish in to have cooked. A red grouper. 2 filets and 2 cheeks. I got the two filets and when I asked about the two cheeks I was told there was only one and it must be under one of the filets. Guess what it wasn't. I ate my food paid for my meal and then asked to speak to the manager. I told him what happened and he stated that the bring your own fish thing is getting out if hand. Apparently so when your cooks are thieves. Then he got pretty well belligerent with me and didn't want to talk to me anymore. So I told him what I thought about him and let my charter captain know how I was treated so he wouldn't send anymore of his clients there. And I surely won't be back

2 Thank Tmp37415
indiana
“Food did not disappoint!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Ate here on a rainy afternoon, so didn't get to set out on the deck. Food did not disappoint. I got the scallops risotto, hubby got the steak and added shrimp, son got the seafood boil. Food was excellent. Can't wait until next year to eat here again!!

New Orleans, LA
“Slightly overpriced - Huge Portions - Hot inside”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We ate here on June 22nd. We had 3 adults and 2 kids (One 4 year old and one 1 year old). We first asked to sit inside and so they put us in the corner table. It was pretty stuffy in that corner so we asked to sit on the patio. It was a little cooler but I'm not sure why kept the plastic tent like walls up on the sides. This kept the breeze from passing through the patio. We should have asked to sit outside as it was the coolest part for us.

The food was ok. My wife had the Lobster Pasta ($19) and she thought it was just average and not that good. I had the Scallop Risotto Rockefeller ($19) and it was pretty good but the amount of food was huge. I would have gladly paid less to have the portion cut in half. My brother-in-law had the Jambalaya and he said it was also very good but again the portions are just way too much. Since we were flying out the next day it made no sense in getting a box and so we had to throw away probably 3/4's of our dinner once we were done.

Overall I probably wouldn't go back when we come back to St. Peters.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Traditional Sea Food at it,s Best”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If the locals eat there you know the food and value for money will be great and we were not disappointed. Cocktails were served in a glass and not a plastic cup, the food was amazing and the service was fab. After our meal we sat on the deck and enjoyed more cocktails watching the amazing views, the catfish were fun to watch and feed and the experience made the restaurant just that little bit more special. Our taxi did not turn up and Kevin our waiter let us share his ride home, what a gent!

2 Thank LisaLucki