Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed at the Bay Palms and was very impressed by the clean rooms and the frendly staff. It was near a grocery store, drug store, and restaurants all within walking distance.
The beach is just across the street and was just beautiful. This was a solo trip and I felt safe at all times. My room was a two person room with a little deck that overlooked the bay, great for watching the sun come up with that first cup of coffee. There was plenty of lounge chairs and space on the sun deck and cabanas, the pool was inviting and clean. I also used the pool at the the beachfront property and it was also very clean, a snack stand with great burgers and had restrooms for your use. The evening cocktail hour was great to meet other guest and compare what to do and great places to dine. The free internet was a big plus. Transportation around the beach is no problem if you are without an auto several taxi services are available. I will be returning to this hotel again. The only thing I didn't care for was the little lizard that was sitting on my shoulder when I was out on the deck reading my book, very cute as long as he gets his own book and chair. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Samm1020
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you so much for your GREAT review of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort and Marina. Thank you for mentioning our clean rooms and friendly staff, I will be sure to share your comments at our next staff meeting. I’m glad that you enjoyed the many decks, lounge chairs and cabanas. I also see that you even had a burger at our Beachside café at the Plaza Beach Hotel. My two favorites are the double cheeseburger with all the trimmings or Jumbo Chicago Dog, everything on the menu is great, but those two items in my opinion are the best. Tie that in with our social hour with Free beer and wine and you have great set-up.

Thank you again for your great review and I will keep my eyes out for the little scholar and be sure that he gets his own books.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts – St Pete Beach
Family Owned and Operated

There are newer reviews for Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina

Reviewed 26 May 2012

My wife and I happened upon this venue while looking for pet-friendly, beachside accommodations within short driving distance of Orlando. We stayed in one of the deluxe suites and were very pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the main living and kitchen/dining areas. I guess the ultimate compliment that can be paid an establishment would be to say that it was well worth the money, and that we will be back.

I have read a couple of reviews where other guests complained that are no pet-walking areas on the property, but after arriving and investigating for myself, I had to laugh at that notion. There are two small parks within a 3 minute walk of the property. And as far as having to cross Gulf Blvd. to get to the beach - again - I think some folks just look for things to complain about....

The staff was friendly. And while I had no reason to really interact other than to check in and out, I felt that they would have been responsive had I had an issue. Very clean. Bed comfort was so-so, but I had no problems sleeping. Enough restaurants within walking distance (I define anything inside of a 10 minute walk to be walking distance) that we only started the car to drive down to Ft. Desoto Park for the dog beach (what a trip - too cool). We expect to be a regular mini-vacation destination.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Beematola
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Could tell manager wanted our business from the very first by reducing the rate when we wanted to go and check out other hotels. Stayed at the bayside hotel. Newly renovated. Very clean both in and out. The attendants were even scrubbing the deck. The manager was there straightening out the lounge chairs. Very close attention to detail. The shower was a bit small but no problem Would stay there again and recommend.

2  Thank bbb179
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I just stayed here this past weekend. Very cute for a quiet couples weekend. The rooms are updated and very sleek. I also love that they are "green" friendly. The dock was beautiful to sit on at night enjoying a few beers and feeding the fish. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Second floor was amazing! 215 was a great room!
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This little resort is fantastic! It is clean and in a great location to cover the best of both sides of Florida. Bay fishing on one side and Beach on the other. We had a great time, meeting the owners and the guest's were fantastic also. I would highly reccomend this resort for a great vacation.

1  Thank INTOM
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We just returned from our first Florida Vaction and we stayed at the Bay Palms... FABULOUS place...

Loved having the bay on one side and the ocean on the other (usually I am an ocean front person). The kids totally enjoyed the bay and fishing .We did not see a manatee but it gives us something to look forward to next year..:)

The one bedroom suite was a wonderful surprise...Very clean and spacious.

My whole family had a great time and we will definitely reccomend these resorts to others and be returning next year !!!!

Room Tip: very clean and spacious room..great location...:)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bryon T
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Arrived on 4/14 for a week long stay. Arrived early and was told the room was not ready understandably. Was told we could use the facilities and would be called when the room was ready. Sat by the pool and waited. Check in time was 3:00 pm. About 3:30 pm went to the front desk and asked if the room was ready yet and was told that the shift changed and they did not know to call us. OK no big deal. We rented a deluxe one bedroom suite with a queen bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the suite area. We were given a suite with two double beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed. When we checked with the front desk we were told the suites did not have queen beds only double beds. Not only do I have an issue with truth in advertising but our confirmation clearly stated a queen bed.
So finally checked in and found the cleanliness to be sub-par. The room was cleaned but only on a cursory level. There were frozen ice cream bowls in the freezer, empty candy wrappers in the closet and worse of all a half filled baby bottle stuffed in the cushions of the sofa bed. Thank goodness we planned to use the sofa bed because when we opened it and found the half filled baby bottle we tossed it immediately. It could have been incredibly offensive.

I hope to be able to write better reviews as the week progresses but first impressions are not very good

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sangla26
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to provide me with feedback. Guest suggestions and opinions are so important to help me improve our resort. First, I want to apologize that we did not fully meet you expectations on the day of check-in. Check-in is after 3:00pm, we do allow guest to come as early as noon to enjoy the facilities while they wait for their room. I am sorry that the front office did not call you to let you know that your room was ready, they are usually very good about that, but this time someone overlooked it. As for our Deluxe One Bedroom Suites and all of our rooms, we don’t guarantee room bedding, when you book we guarantee the room type and that it will accommodate the number of people you booked for. Because we have so many different rooms arranged in different ways with different bedding there is no way we could list all of them. The majority of the Deluxe One Bedroom Suites at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort are One Queen and Two Sleeper sofa’s however we do have many other configurations. I really apologize for that misunderstanding. As for your room being cleaned sub-par, that is completely unacceptable in my book. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, and if you read other reviews you will see that everyone mentions how clean and spacious the rooms are. I wish you would have contacted me about that; I would have had sent the housekeeper back up to re-clean and re-check the room. This is not a typical case as our property as I mentioned earlier so I really apologizes about that.

Thank you again for bringing these items to my attention.

Robert Czyszczon