“Much more than expected.”

Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina
GreenLeadersGold level
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“Much more than expected.”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We booked this as a mystery property, and considering the low price, didn't expect much. We were pleasantly surpirsed to be given an upgrade upon arrival. The one bedroom unit with living room and small kitchen was completely updated with crown moldings, granite and nice furniture.. The bathroom was state of the art, with beautiful tile and shower. All was very clean. The location was excellent on the dock and near the lovely pool area. Access to the beach via their other property across the street, is a definate plus. The beach property has lots of games and things to do for families. The staff was one of the most friendly we have ever encountered! Only stayed one day, but would go back!
Carol

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a Five Star Review for your one night trip to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort – Hotel and Marina. I’m happy you were so pleased with all aspects of your stay. All of our rooms are updated with all of the modern touches you mentioned. Thank you for also mentioning my friendly staff. I will be sure to pass this along at our next employee meeting. When you are ready to come back, please call us directly as we offer the best value with our Low Price Guarantee versus the online booking engines where sometimes you don’t know what you’re going to get.

Plaza Beach Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hard to find fault. Love this hotel, only hotel I would stay in on St Pete's Beach. Only strange thing is everytime we stay there I try to book for the next time and they always charge me way over what I can get online even though they say they will be cheaper, so just go online and book it. Ah well guess they like paying 20% commission.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank TheMasterD
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for a great FIVE STAR review of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort – Hotel and Marina. I appreciate your loyalty, but wanted to clarify our Low Price Guarantee. We do guarantee to have the lowest rates for our rooms than any of the online travel sites. If our rates happen to be higher, we match their rate and beat it by $2 to give you the very best deal possible. All you need to do is give us a call when you are ready to book, let us know where you found a lower price and we will gladly verify and beat that price! It is always best to book directly with the hotel so that you know exactly what you are getting. Our reservation agents are on-site and know the rooms and property inside and out, unlike the overseas call centers that handle the online travel sites. There are also other perks of booking directly like our cash discount and room preferences. I sincerely encourage you to call us next time and you will get the absolute best deal out there!

Robert Czyszczon, General Manager
Monterey, California, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Very pleasantly surprised by how nicely appointed and big each one bedroom was. Nice pool/dock area to lounge around. Doesn't look like much from the curbside, but you will find inside has been upgraded and is very modern. Service was excellent and helpful, and would not hesitate to stay there again. Negatives were minor- pool not open, no front desk service on premises, had to walk across the street for that, but not a big problem. It was hard depending on traffic to back out and get going on the street. Overall was very happy with the choice!

Green Features: Seemed very green conscious. Signs everywhere promoting their efforts.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for mentioning that you were pleasantly surprised by our modern rooms. I’m not sure why you would say our pool was not open though. All of our pools are open from 10am to sunset daily, so perhaps you were outside of that time frame. Hopefully next time you visit the days will be longer and the pools will be open later. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Lakeview, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We having been coming to this hotel for over ten years. PEople are great rooms are so clean and have coofee pots. The outside area with a pool and picnic tables is beautiful. you can take a trolly all day long on and off for $4.50 all the way to Clearwater. There are so many fun tiki bars and great entertainment all along the beach.

Room Tip: if you like early morningsunrise in the months of nov dec jan i would stay at either one on the wate...
Green Features: They are really trying to go green and I think that is great.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I just randomly wandered into the St. Pete area a few nights ago, and picked the Bay Palms on kind of a whim. It was a little more expensive than I usually go for, but hey, sometimes you have to spoil yourself.

I admit, showing up late and not knowing exactly where the room was (room 104 is in a weird little hallway behind the pool) made my first few minutes a bit stressful, but the room was absolutely beautiful. First thing in the morning I went and got some coffee and breakfast stuff and sat on my couch watching the tv contentedly for a bit.

I ended up having my car die on me, and the folks at the front desk were happy to help me out with extending my stay, helping me get a rental car, and being generally sympathetic to my cause.

I'll see you guys next time I'm in the area, no question.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Brendan,

Thank you for a great Five Star review of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort – Hotel and Marina. I’m happy you enjoyed your room and that my staff was able to go the extra mile to help you during an unfortunate experience. I also want to encourage you to book directly with us for the best available price. Call us when you are ready to come back again. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Robert Czyszczon, General Manager
“Traditions Start Here”
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a 3 buliding/resorts on Gulf Blvd in St Pete Beach . 1 building on gulf side , other 2 on inlet side.

Staff is exceptionally Friendly and helpful.

We were upgraded from efficency to one bedroom which was very nice. rooms have kitchenette.
They were large and very clean and very modern considering the age of the buildings.

Interent access is free. No nasty resort fees that can often crop up.evening beer and wine hour
2 pools . large beach on gulf

Parking on inlet side is a bit dicey getting out onto Gulf blvd. Also during the day Gulf Blvd can be noisy with trucks and motorcycles.

Office is at One of the buildings only and is not 24X7.

You can fish right from their piers. Grills on the deck.

very good stay, off season prices very low. would stay here again

St Pete
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I travel often for work and have stayed in more hotels than I can remember. This is one that I do remember though. I have stayed in all three properties here and would not hesitate to recommend any of them. The front desk staff are fantastic and very helpful, the rooms are clean and the location is close to several great restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for a wonderful FIVE STAR review of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort – Hotel and Marina, and for your continued patronage at all three of our resorts here in St Pete Beach. Coming from someone who stays in hotels often, we are thankful for your praise and recommendation. I look forward to your next stay with us.