“What an excellent place for a vacation!”

Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I am so glad we stayed at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort! We had originally booked at Bayview, a sister resort, but were upgraded to a suite at the Bay Palms for no extra charge. I was originally hesitant because I had read several "bad" reviews of the Bay Palms but was very pleasantly surprised. We had a 1 bedroom suite with 2 sofa beds in the living room for the kids. The only problem was one of the sofa beds wasn't very comfortable. The bedroom had all new furniture. The owners were wonderful and the service was excellent. We were right across the street from all the business on the Gulf but also enjoyed the peacefulness of a small hotel on the bay. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 23 July 2009

As a frequent business traveler I found the hotel very accommodating for me as well as it would be if I were to bring my family down. I was surprised to see a full kitchen in my room and penalty of space to get my work done. The free Wifi had a great signal, the heated pool was overlooking the water, free parking, free small fitness room, everything I needed at a very reasonable rate and walking distance to all the restaurants. Most importantly my room was clean and the staff at both offices were very helpful and outgoing. I will be returning later in the year for another business trip to St Pete Beach and I will definitely choose the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. You get the best value with many amenities.
Mike

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Rooms were clean, kitchen is accomodating for family of 4 (so bring extra utensils), pool is fine, deck is great...my boys had fun timing fishing, hotel accessible to major attractions..beautiful beaches....

Reviewed 21 July 2009

Never did I receive the promised email conformation! Never was it mentioned the office is closed on Sundays! Never have I been to a resort that it took over an hour to check in because the key was wrong 3 TIMES! NEVER have I had to change rooms without offering compensation! NEVER have i been promised a Queen bed & it only be a double! Never have I taken my dog somewhere with no place to walk her. ( The small grass area next to the parking lot does not count). Never have I left an item and been unable to get it back.(My portable shark Vacuum is no where to be found) NEVER have I felt so RIPPED OFF!

2  Thank Oaklandsnowie
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2011

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for us not being able to find your belongings. We generally very good at keeping goods left behind which is evident in our overflowing lost and found! As for the email confirmation I am sure it could be chocked up to a miscommunication. Sometimes we do not get the email address perfectly right over the phone. Also, there is a huge park to walk your dogs called Lido Park no more than one block away from where you were staying. We apologize if you had a bad experience with keys not working. We hope to gain your business back in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2009

The present owners have and are continuing to improve the property with no expence spared. My wife and i have been staying at the Bay Palm and when it was named the Ritz Motel for many years now and can say with all honesty the place has never looked better. Will be there again next year God willing.

Ross & Maura Haworth from the UK

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Very clean and staff very friendly. Took my dog and bird. Park close by to walk dog. I would recommend getting the deluxe hotel room. The regular hotel room is a little small. I will stay again when traveling with pets.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed there for a few days to relax and did just that. The place is calm, clean and overall pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Thank you for visiting the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach. I apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay, but a lot have changed since you were last here. This property has been taken over by the Czyszczon Family in April 2010.

Since April.2010, we have completely gutted the entire property and have renovated everything including pool area, decks, piers, walkway, completely new rooms with LCD’s, granite kitchens and bathrooms, and much more. The property is really a gem and I encourage everyone to please visit our new website and view are new photos.

Please disregard all the negative comments and bad photos before April.2010. And we look forward to seeing you at our new property.

Robert Czyszczon