I booked this hotel because I was travelling with my dog. Needless to say it was not fit for a dog. We arrived at 11pm and a note was left at the office saying our room was open and the key was inside. We were late for a family event that we were attending, so we dropped our bags and the dog (in her kennel) and left for the event. We returned back at 1am and it was at that time we realized how dirty this place was.
My husband turned back the bed sheets and there was a blood stain on the bedspread, along with other stains I do not want to imagine what they might be.
The bathroom door did not close because it was too big for the opening. The blinds were broken and could not be closed. The showers were gross. All of the moldings and baseboards were eaten by termites. The light fixtures were rusty or broken. I could go on and on but I hope by the few things I have mentioned you have gotten a good idea of what this place was like.
So now its really getting late and we have no idea what to do or where to go. We sat there for about 2 hours trying to figure out what to do. Finally I found a La Quinta that allowed pets and we booked a room there. My husband called the manager of the hotel and told him that we would not be staying there because it was filthy. He argued and said it was fine. He informed us that we would have to pay the $146 for the night. My husband disputed this with him but the manager was plain rude. At that point we just wanted to get out of there.
We left and went to the LaQuinta. The next day I called my credit card company and he did charge us $146 which I am having my credit card company dispute.
I cannot stress how horrible this place is. I hope I can at least save someone else the misery we went through.
I have uploaded some pictures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina is a Florida Tropical boutique resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Boasting one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg at 1,500 square feet. You can enjoy great fishing, watch the Manatees and Dolphins, or dock your boat. With a beautiful pool overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay this makes Bay Palms Waterfront Resort a perfect destination for relaxation, and best of all, it is only 200 feet from the beach. Room types range from spacious studio apartments with Full Kitchens to large One bedroom apartment suites. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Bay Palms has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier use. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2008. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants and shopping is just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Also as a guest of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including: the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina St. Pete Beach, Florida