“Great room! I'll stay again.”

Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina
GreenLeadersGold level
Albuquerque, NM
“Great room! I'll stay again.”
Reviewed 29 December 2009

It was a really nicely remodeled one-bedroom. Marbel in the kitchen and bath and new tiles throughout. Housekeeping was as detailed in their cleaning as in other resort but the office staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is just 1/2 a block from the Walgreens and access to the beach. Also, the Publix (grocery store) is walking distance away. I loved the big screen tvs in the livingroom and bedroom. Overall, it was a great place to stay and I will stay there again the next time I'm in St Pete Beach.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Miami
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I wanted to Thank You guys for letting again shared your Bay Palms Resort.
Even though I'm going thru many problems, that peaceful place allows me to think and re-organized my ideas in such a problematics time in our country.
The bedroom I had was just perfect with the Bay View, big living room, big an confortable kitchen and nice room. The only thing I missed like in the other rooms I used to stay was the TV in the bedroom.
I would love if there is a next time for me to relax to get that room if available with the TV in.
And my pet named Walter just love to stay as well, I'm a animal lover and do not trael without him.

That's all I can say and once again, Thank You Very Much and special thanks to Steve that he's a nice and pleasant human being.

Happy Holidays and wish you lots of Business in the near 2010.

Sincerely

Richard J. Terren

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Florida
Reviewed 24 December 2009

My husband and I needed a little break so we took a 4 day vacation to the Bay Palms. I read lots of positive reviews and so I was pretty excited. Upon arrival things weren't looking so good though. The parking is pull in/back out style right on a busy 4 lane road, it's a little dangerous trying to back out into traffic, and it can take forever. Next I checked in, the desk man was nice enough, but then he metioned we were being put up in the only room that wasn't remodeled. I found that a little odd... The room was right on the water which I like, however the room itself was ugly and falling apart, from the TV stand to the tiles along the wall, to the calking around the kitchen sink; things were just not up to par. Also, upon check in there was a large amount of the previous guest's body hair all over the bathroom floor. I don't tend to be picky when it comes to hotels, but this place claims to be a resort.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you for visiting the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach. I apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay, but a lot have changed since you were last here. This property has been taken over by the Czyszczon Family in April 2010.

Since April.2010, we have completely gutted the entire property and have renovated everything including pool area, decks, piers, walkway, completely new rooms with LCD’s, granite kitchens and bathrooms, and much more. The property is really a gem and I encourage everyone to please visit our new website and view are new photos.

Please disregard all the negative comments and bad photos before April.2010. And we look forward to seeing you at our new property.

Robert Czyszczon

Bay Palms Waterfront Resort
***Stay at ONE Resort, Play at all THREE Resorts***
Colorado Springs CO
Reviewed 21 December 2009

Attended a wedding at the Don Cesar. Just a few blocks away. Staff was very nic, and the rooms very clean. Great value.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
atlanta
Reviewed 21 December 2009

The Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is located out on St. Pete's beach. There are several properties but the one that I stay at is on the bay itself. From the hustle and bustle of Atlanta to a waterfront room is a tremedous shock to the system. You feel that you are in a remote and isolated area but the 4 lane road is within 200 ft. of you. You would think that there would be a lot of road noise but it is quite the opposite. It is very quiet and relaxing. The rooms are kept clean and all staff members are very courteous. Steve at the front desk is a polite host and everytime we saw him, he was a panel of teeth from ear to ear. There is a pool, dock and BBQ grill immediately available plus internet, widescreen TV and fishing poles! This is a great place to unwind and still be within distance of food and entertainment.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
MOUNT ORAB, OHIO
Reviewed 9 December 2009

After much searching on the internet, When booking we had issues with their online booking system, and they quickly helped us finish up booking. They had no issues with our 2 year old son either.
We stayed 3 nights in a One Bedroom, complete with Kitchenette. All utensils provided. We had a small issue the first night with our fridge working below par... Management informed us the next morning that their fridge settings work backwards; meaning 1 the coldest and 7 the warmest... When my fiance "cranked" it up to get things cool, he was actually turning is up. Our fault; not theirs.
Loved the view of the Bay from the bedroom window.
On our last day we decided to stay one more night to avoid being up all day and having to drive 16 hours on no sleep; They did what the could to get us into a room such as to not have to move hotels. We were put into a smaller room, which was all we needed. Great on their behalf for us doing this very last minute.
Both rooms had flatscreens w/ DVD players which worked out great for my son.
The wireless internet had a very good signal, and several networks to choose from.
There IS construction going on across the street, but it never woke us up or caused any issues.
Beach access is just a very short walk down the street to Plaza Beach((sister hotel)) where is has its own private beach.
Parking is a bit crazy, as traffic is always a bit heavy in this area and it is just a very small parking lot, just watch what your doing when backing out and all should be okay.

I will say though, Don't sit anything next to your car and walk away. We were loading our car to leave and had our 12 pack of coke sitting next to the tire under the car, we were literally gone for 32 seconds to get another load and by the time we got back; someone had stolen our 12pack. So I highly recommend NEVER leaving your cars unlocked as this is a higher traffic area.

Overall we had a great experience and will stay again next time we travel to St. Pete Beach.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Lakeland
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Nice clean hotel with the ability to walk to sister hotels and use their amenities. The hotel has been recently updated and looks great and neat. It is quiet and cozy. The hotel is very clean which tends to be important to me The staff is kind and willing to help at all opportunites. The maid service is great and she is always willing to accomodate your needs as appropriate. There are great restaurants in walking distance and shopping of other needs and wants within walking distance. When or if you bring your puppy this is no problem to the hotel I stayed at and there is a great park very close by for their elimination needs..:-) This is a family hotel with loving folks and you will be happy to be a part of it all. If you want to fish thats available, so fish if you like, cook out if you like, swim in pool if you want and then of course there is the beach.......great place now go and enjoy!!! .

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple