“This place was wonderful, clean, fun, and I most definitely plan on returning!”

Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina
GreenLeadersGold level
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 September 2010

When my boyfriend and I got there they handed us our key with absolutely no confusion. They let us feel out the paperwork the next day with a lot of information of the surrounding area. The man behind the counter actually told us that he and his wife came to St. Petersburg on their honeymoon and never returned to their home in New York because they loved it so much. As we walked in the room for the very first time we were so pleased!!! The cleanliness and the space was awesome! The kitchen was awesome, the bathrooms were awesome (plenty of hot water), the bedroom was so nice, beds were very comfortable, and the balcony was great as well! The most thing I was excited about was the closet space and the hangers they provided us with! I packed so much luggage and I HATE when my clothes are wrinkly so I was super stoked that I had hangers to hang my clothes up with. The hotel and the service of the hotel was wonderful and when I come back to St. Pete Beach this is the place I will stay! I'm not the type of person to write reviews but I absolutely loved this place! Choose to stay here because it is truly a great place! There were great restaurants near by, Publix grocery store near by, and it was right across the street from the beach!!! Now that's a great place!!!

1 Thank aleahpointer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed 17 September 2010

My Husband and I stayed here for a wedding and we were very surprised at what a great little hotel this was.
I am a travel agent and I will definately recommend this to my clients. The price was terrific and the location was perfect. The best thing was the front desk agent. He made the check in so easy and was so very helpful to us. I will be back for a week!!
Kim Dougherty
Leisure Specialist, Go Travel Orlando

Reviewed 14 September 2010

The hotel is in a great location and is pet friendly. It was clean and staff was very polite. Only problem is parking. Apparently there are only enough spots for guests, and there were people visiting guests when we were there. We went out to get a pizza and there were no spots left to park when we got back. Very few of the vehicles had guest parking permits. We had to park in from of the strip mall in a tow away zone. Since the staff leaves for the evening, so no one was around to move the people that were not staying there. Also try to avoid rooms close to the pool. Was very loud until about 3am (despite postings for "quiet time" ) . I would recommend it , but ask it the hotel agrees to cover costs if you are towed due to lack of parking.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We stayed in a suite and it was extremely nice, very inexpensive, and very private with a great bay front view. We loved how quiet and uncrowded it was. We also enjoyed the pool and deck areas. This is a nice little place with a great view.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My boyfriend and I needed a quick, cheap getaway before we both return to school in the fall. We checked many websites and decided to book a package through travelocity. I am an avid tripadvisor reader, and relied on this website for suggestions on where to stay and what to do in the St. Pete area. Bay Palms Waterfront Resort had many excellent reviews, and I now understand why.

Our room was very spacious, the staff was extremely friendly, and best of all you get all the amenities included with their sister hotels, which included FREE HAPPY HOUR and the beloved parrot Houdini. Although the hotel is not directly on the beach, we never felt too far away (we just drove and parked across the street at the sister hotel). The pool was always heated and cozy and we fished off the pier when we needed a break from the sun. The hotel is big at all, THANK GOODNESS!! There were never too many people in the pool, you could not hear anyone in the next room, and all the guests were really friendly because there weren't too many of us.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in St. Pete Beach.

Reviewed 17 August 2010

Clean rooms, awesome staff !
Boat slip steps from your room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Riverview, Fl
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We travel an hour to St. Pete from our home often and love finding motels to stay in versus big hotels. This is the first time at the Bay Palms and it was a wonderful find. Obviously upgraded throughout, beautiful room with new tile, granite sink, new cabinets/shower, flat screen TV. Across the street from beach. Close to everything. Great value, highly recommended.