We consider Bay Palms Resort to be a real find. We travel with Jake, our Jack Russell Terrier, so we are always on the lookout for nice places to stay that are dog (pet) friendly. We traveled the 70 miles from our home in Homosassa, Fl to St. Pete for a weekend car club get together and to spend some time at the beach, which we don't often get to do even though we live in Florida. We liked Bay Palms because it is family owned and very much what I would call "old Florida" in that it is the type of place you would have stayed at in St. Pete Beach back in the 1950s or 1960s before all the high rise condos and resorts. While Bay Palms is across the street from the beach, access to the beach is easy and you also you have the luxury of having a really nice sun deck, on the water on the back side of the resort. The deck is clean, spacious and is equipped with grills, thatch covered picnic benches and a more than adequate number of new lounge chairs. Saturday was cool and breezy on the beach, but the sun deck at Bay Palms was warm and sunny so we were able to relax, read and get plenty of sun...all the time with Jake at our side. Our one-bedroom efficiency suite was very clean and spacious, although the bathroom was on the small side, it was more than adequate.. While the resort may be "old Florida", it is in no way old. The place has been recently refurbished with all modern bathroom and kitchen facilities...and everything worked as it should. We loved the 1950s style bedroom furniture with the very comfortable bed...the furniture looked original to the era, but was in such great shape that it could have been retro. We also had a small patio that faced the street which was nice. We thought the traffic noise might be a problem, but with the patio door closed it was extremely quiet. Another plus to Bay Palms is that it is just down the block from a pretty good Italian restaurant and just next door to a good coffee and doughnut shop for breakfast. Bay Palms Resort is a very nice place that we would recommend to anyone, especially if you are traveling with a dog.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina is an authentic Florida boutique resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Boasting as having one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg at 1,500 square feet, you can enjoy great fishing, watch the manatees and dolphins, or dock your boat right on site. With a beautiful pool overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay this makes Bay Palms Waterfront Resort a perfect destination for relaxation, and best of all, it is only 200 feet from the beach. Room types range from spacious studio apartments with kitchenettes to large one bedroom apartment suites. Best of all, we have NO surprise resort fees! Enjoy everything the Bay Palms has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier use. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2008. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, and has a friendly staff ready to assist you with your authentic Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as Greenleaders Gold Award from TripAdvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is within walking distance: the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. Activities such as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands are available nearby. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Also, as a guest of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort, you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE beach chairs, FREE beach towels, FREE parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina St. Pete Beach, Florida