“The most relaxing vacation we have ever had. Super people.”

Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Rooms are clean and comfortable with pleasing decor. A very quiet scenic get a-way on the harbor. Owners, manager make certain your stay is pleasant. Will certainly make this our
place to come back to again and again.

Reviewed 30 January 2011

My husband and I and our Beagle "Peanut" were guests at Bay Palms from 12/19/10 till 1/21/11 so we had plenty of time to form an opinion. Bay Palms truly makes you feel like you are at home. Our 'place' was spacious, clean and newly remodeled. We loved the coffee shop next door and the deli and Italian Restaurant just a couple doors down. So convenient having a Walgreens a block away, gas station, grocery store & other shopping 2 blocks away. There were 2 different parks within a block to walk Peanut. I felt the owners went out of their way to make our stay pleasant in every way - friendly staff and cared about our needs. We loved our quietness of being on the dock and just enjoying our stay. Our son was married while we were there so we had other family and friends stay at Bay Palms as well and they also loved their accomodations. We truly appreciated being able to have our dog with us while we were in FL. We loved being close to Ft. DeSoto so we could enjoy the Dog Beach and also enjoyed all the dog-friendly eateries that welcomed Peanut! Thank You Bay Palms for your warm welcome to us and such good care.

1  Thank ConnieGreen
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I have stayed at more than my share of motels that look great on the internet, but don't turn out to be nything like they advertised. We stayed in a spacious one bedroom suite. The place was immaculate; very well taken care of and reasonably priced. The general manager was also very accomodating, allowing us to bring our 60lb Golden Retriever. Great location, since the intent of our trip was to bring our dog to the Ft. Desoto dog beach. The only negative part (which I can add is no fault of the property itself) is you half to walk a block to take your dog to potty.

2  Thank mutern
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We consider Bay Palms Resort to be a real find. We travel with Jake, our Jack Russell Terrier, so we are always on the lookout for nice places to stay that are dog (pet) friendly. We traveled the 70 miles from our home in Homosassa, Fl to St. Pete for a weekend car club get together and to spend some time at the beach, which we don't often get to do even though we live in Florida. We liked Bay Palms because it is family owned and very much what I would call "old Florida" in that it is the type of place you would have stayed at in St. Pete Beach back in the 1950s or 1960s before all the high rise condos and resorts. While Bay Palms is across the street from the beach, access to the beach is easy and you also you have the luxury of having a really nice sun deck, on the water on the back side of the resort. The deck is clean, spacious and is equipped with grills, thatch covered picnic benches and a more than adequate number of new lounge chairs. Saturday was cool and breezy on the beach, but the sun deck at Bay Palms was warm and sunny so we were able to relax, read and get plenty of sun...all the time with Jake at our side. Our one-bedroom efficiency suite was very clean and spacious, although the bathroom was on the small side, it was more than adequate.. While the resort may be "old Florida", it is in no way old. The place has been recently refurbished with all modern bathroom and kitchen facilities...and everything worked as it should. We loved the 1950s style bedroom furniture with the very comfortable bed...the furniture looked original to the era, but was in such great shape that it could have been retro. We also had a small patio that faced the street which was nice. We thought the traffic noise might be a problem, but with the patio door closed it was extremely quiet. Another plus to Bay Palms is that it is just down the block from a pretty good Italian restaurant and just next door to a good coffee and doughnut shop for breakfast. Bay Palms Resort is a very nice place that we would recommend to anyone, especially if you are traveling with a dog.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank d2boese
Reviewed 13 December 2010

my husband and i had a great weekend here.very clean with all the eficiancies.very resonable price. front of hotel doesnt look great but back is lovely,with docks for boat and fishing off. also has bbq grill and pool and beautifull sceenery of intercoastal.across street from beach. freindly staff.highly recomended!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ukmaudie
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Recently had a weekend wedding group stay here and the management cared less for the safety of all, especially the children. Friday before the Sat Wedding elsewhere we had arranged for a get together BBQ party on the back (Bayside) deck and we had no help from the management to provide a safe area. You see, the back deck has four open areas/ drop-offs to the water and management was not helpfull and even told us these areas could not be blocked off ( with the lounge chairs or anything for that matter). I told the manager I had the OK from all the other (not in our party) motel guests and they were totally fine with our barriers and concerns. When I asked for the management's OK they quickly moved our barriers and said " I guess the parents will have to watch their children more closely" FYI. when manager left for the day @ 5:00 PM sharp - our barriers went back up and everyone had a safe and great time. So, I will NEVER stay there again and if you stay there with small children - May God Bless You All. As far as the Owners/Management, they should sell and enroll in a Hospitality Training and Safety class.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Johnmoon3333
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2010

My name is Robert Czyszczon and I am the General Manager & Owner of Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. I would like to first start by apologizing for this entire incident. I was not aware of this incident until I read your comment on Trip Advisor. Having two young children of my own I can appreciate safety concerns and I would have handled the situation completely differently. This incident was handled by an employee who made a mistake in judgment and it does not reflect the views of the owner and general manager. I completely agree with you that our front office employee should have been more accommodating and allow you to block off the deck area. I will address this issue with him and make sure he is more sensitive to guests needs in the future. I wish you had asked to speak to the General Manager or Owner so that I could have been called in and handled it differently. My business card is at the front desk and my personal cell phone is posted in all the rooms in case you need assistance beyond what the front desk can provide and anytime after 5 pm when the front desk closes. We are a family run business and we work very hard to ensure that guests have enjoyable vacations; and for that reason I am always available to anyone at anytime. Again, I apologize for this employee’s judgment mistake and I would like the opportunity to earn your business in the future. If you do decide to stay again with us in the future please contact me directly so that I can try to earn your business back. Thank you for your time and thank you for bring this incident to my attention.

Reviewed 13 November 2010

Stayed for a long weekend 11/4 - 11/8. Very clean, comfortable beds, very friendly staff. Roomy, with a nice sitting area outside each room. Convient to beach, resturants, grocery, etc. HUGE deck/fishing pier, Enjoyed a couple manatees playing right off the fishing pier, and one guest reported seeing dolphins one morning. Nice pool, warm and not to big or small. Highly recommended! We'll be back

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple