“Beautiful beach!”

US$54.00*
and up
Small Group Sunset Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic beach area with restaurants, shopping, fishing, bike rentals, boat tours and cozy inns and motels.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We visited on a Monday in June, and the beach was sparsely populated. There was plenty of inexpensive parking on the street in front of the beach and plenty of beach to park our bodies on. The beach was clean, the water clear and warm, and we spent a thoroughly delightful-- and too short-- several hours. We all wished we were spending the night locally and definitely plan to return!
A few pieces of advice: 1)bring your own drinks and food-- there aren't vendors, and 2) consider changing before you get to the beach-- although there is a public restroom on the street, it is predictably sandy and dirty... usable but not preferable.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,220)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"places to eat"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It's easy to miss Pass-a-Grille if you aren't looking for it. But it's been there for decades, before the Don CeSar was built in the 1920s. It is located at the farthest point of the Gulf beaches, south of the Don and St. Pete Beach, the end of the road. It's an art community that offers a lot for everybody...beach, boutiques, restaurants, art galleries, entertainment, antique stores, charter boats, fishing. We arrived early, before most stores were open. But one women's clothing boutique opened early and my wife, naturally, couldn't resist. Surprise! She found something to buy. Lots of people just come off the beach and step into a restaurant. It's been like this for more than 50 years, a step away from the tourist crowd and the families with two or three or four kids. I once was so enthralled by the experience that I showed up at 9 in the morning, laid out in the sun and began reading a book. When I finished, I got into my car, looked in the mirror and realized I had the worst sunburn I had ever experienced. Later that night, I felt it. And the next day, too. No amount of ointment could relieve the pain. That's another of my memories of Pass-a-Grille.

2  Thank Taylor B
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We loved this beach! Perfect sand, warm water, quiet, charming. Perfect for relaxing, swimming etc. One of my favorite beaches of all time.

2  Thank traveltechPRgrl
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a wonderful quaint charming area. Quiet and nice but also close enough to livelier areas on St Pete Beach. One of our favorite beaches ever.