“White sandy beaches”

US$54.00*
and up
Small Group Sunset Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic beach area with restaurants, shopping, fishing, bike rentals, boat tours and cozy inns and motels.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Pass-a-Grille beach is a family-friendly Gulf beach that the "locals" go to. Located on the extreme south end of St. Petersburg Beach, there are no giant hotel complexes clogging up the beach, just sparkling white sand and clear green Gulf waters. Pull-up public parking right beside the dunes (don't climb over them, use the boardwalks!) Fun in the sun, and many nice watering holes and places to eat just across the street, all with a wonderful view of the Gulf.

2  Thank mcdh4561
There are newer reviews for Pass-a-Grille

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Why? Having been to dozens, yes, dozens of FL beaches over the years, Pass-a-grille has been one of our favorite haunts for some time. Compared to say, Treasure island, which is just down the road from Pass-a-Grille, the "depth" of the beach at Pass-a-Grille is very accommodating in that the walk to the waters edge is an easy walk. Treasure Island beaches easily extend beyond 1000 feet. When you're carrying a 10X10 canopy, a cooler, a couple of chairs, and the all-important beach bag, 1000 feet feels like a 5 mile hike! Highly recommend Pass-a-Grille! Beautiful aquamarine water, food and drink are very close, and bring your bike! Oh! And be prepared for the typical FL afternoon thunderstorms as we lost our 10X10 canopy I mentioned earlier. And it had 2 chairs, a cooler, and 10 pound sand bags leashed to it before a strong gust picked it up and twisted it into a useless pile of scrap. The beverages in the cooler were salvaged and the day ended well! Lifes a beach so head to Pass-a-Grille!

4  Thank A-KaYAK-ur
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The beach is so beautiful and clean. I stayed on the beach in St. Pete and it just isn't as beautiful as Pass-a-Grille. There are plenty of shells, a great snack shop and the water is just so clean and clear. Sunset is amazing and every night at sunset we saw a school of sting rays. I have been to several beaches, but Pass-a-Grille has a special place in my heart. A very laid back beach feel with tons of friendly people. Add it to your list to visit.

1  Thank MissZ2012
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We visited on a Monday in June, and the beach was sparsely populated. There was plenty of inexpensive parking on the street in front of the beach and plenty of beach to park our bodies on. The beach was clean, the water clear and warm, and we spent a thoroughly delightful-- and too short-- several hours. We all wished we were spending the night locally and definitely plan to return!
A few pieces of advice: 1)bring your own drinks and food-- there aren't vendors, and 2) consider changing before you get to the beach-- although there is a public restroom on the street, it is predictably sandy and dirty... usable but not preferable.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It's easy to miss Pass-a-Grille if you aren't looking for it. But it's been there for decades, before the Don CeSar was built in the 1920s. It is located at the farthest point of the Gulf beaches, south of the Don and St. Pete Beach, the end of the road. It's an art community that offers a lot for everybody...beach, boutiques, restaurants, art galleries, entertainment, antique stores, charter boats, fishing. We arrived early, before most stores were open. But one women's clothing boutique opened early and my wife, naturally, couldn't resist. Surprise! She found something to buy. Lots of people just come off the beach and step into a restaurant. It's been like this for more than 50 years, a step away from the tourist crowd and the families with two or three or four kids. I once was so enthralled by the experience that I showed up at 9 in the morning, laid out in the sun and began reading a book. When I finished, I got into my car, looked in the mirror and realized I had the worst sunburn I had ever experienced. Later that night, I felt it. And the next day, too. No amount of ointment could relieve the pain. That's another of my memories of Pass-a-Grille.

2  Thank Taylor B