“Yearly visitors”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Long Key Beach Resort & Motel
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed 24 June 2013

A great place to stay-we've been going here almost 5 years!!! Privacy is always imortant to us and what a view!!!!!!!!!!!! Roman is the Owner and he is very friendly and helpful. They provided the laundry soap-ironing board and blowdryer. This place is almost for the Rich-but very affordable. We wish we could live there its so great. There never is a question where we go every year, it's this place!! We love and recommend it to everyone. Try it you will be hooked on this great place!

Room Tip: Room 114 This is an ocean-view room
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristy M

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We are traveling a lot and had all kind of experiences. This was first time we stayed in Motel and we were not sure what to expect.
All the sudden we got the best one week vocation ever !
Motel located exactly on the beach. It take 10 seconds to get to the beach. Rooms have everything family with child needs - ref, stove, microwave, coffee machine even spring water :))) we received even crib for our toddler - and this is two room space with kitchen! We could comfortably stay months there. This is special feeling when you are served by hotel owner - he makes decisions right away - we were upgraded to room with direct beach view :))) and received everything we needed, it was really GREAT ! We found Italian bakery and restourant in just one block walking distance, walgreen is there also, grocery store - Pablix was two blocks walking distance but we took taxi for shopping. It was just $5 one way. And you could grill right in front of your room :) Everything was perfect and much better than in big hotels or large resorts. We had almost private beach - it was not crowded at all! We will definitely return again :))) and will recommend this place to our friends. By the way - I think this is my first hotel review I ever left.
Jane, David & Peter

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Jane A
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We were here in late November/early December. The location was great on the beach and the pool is heated. The French front desk clerk was very helpful and nice. We had very little to do though with her. The room seemed clean but was very old. I did not feel that safe as the doors could easily be kicked in. They had a really strong air freshener/plug in in the room, so it smelled cleaner than it was. It was hard to open the door, we really had to jiggle it to open. I was told it was a safe area and not to worry, but I was not that comfortable there. I did feel that it was very dated, shabby and old and freaked out when my kids would like on the carpet. (toddlers) It is hard to say something is "clean" when it is extreemely well used and old. It was difficult to get any towels from the lady at the front desk, but she did give them to us after a bit of pressure. There was only two other families in the hotel, and I believe we paid $80 night before taxes. The bed was comfortable and the kitchen was stocked well enough for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank asiatrip2007Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We've been visiting St Pete for about 8 years now and have been up and down the beach in condos and other hotels. Long Key seems to top our list as best place to stay. Now this isn't a fancy, modern, and granite tile place, but it is totally head to toe CLEAN, well equipped, well maintained, and did I say CLEAN! It smelled nice, it looked good (some furnishings dated but in good shape), comfortable beds, great shower pressure & hot water, nice two room layout, beautiful courtyards, gorgeous pool, and fantastic three story deck for great sunset views. Really fun beach bars very close by as well. The rooms and grounds look exactly like their posted pictures on line. We left a generous tip for the lady taking care of the rooms--I've never seen such a clean place in Florida. Thank you!

I highly recommend this place for quality, cleanliness, and location!!

Room Tip: This review was on #103
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank downtobusiness2001
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The family that owns Long Key are so accommodating and pleasant people. We have been staying at this wonderful little place for roughly 25 years. The rooms are always clean and the staff is always extremely accommodating. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in St. Pete beach. The view is amazing and the beach is right off the pool deck. The property is very well maintained and the landscape is lush and beautiful. They have an awesome three story deck and provide grills if you need them. This place is not a stuffy hotel or some chain hotel where the staff could care less. These people have a vested interest in making people's vacation the best vacation ever. Thank you Roman, Lottie, Alicia and Sylvia for making us always feel like family and making our vacations amazing!

• Stayed: July 2012
8  Thank sunandsand66
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We have stayed at Long Key for many years and contrary to what some may say the hotel staff are great!! We are treated like family when we go back every July but that could be because we also treat them like we would want to be treated. The pool area is great and the rooms are comfortable, even for people like us that cook in our rooms almost every night!! It is close to grocery stores and plenty of places to go and eat if that is what you would like to do. The beach is just a few steps out your door too!! Now where are you going to find that with a great price too!! We will keep going back every year because whenever we have a problem they are right there to help us!! It is our home away from home with our second family...we would stay no place else in St, Pete Beach!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Lynnette K
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I am a local in the St. Pete area and a few of my friends came from out of town for a long weekend and decided to stay here. They asked me and another friend to come over and hang out with them at the beach there at this motel. When we got there we had some beach chairs and a bag, etc. My friend specifically told me take the path around the side of the building and come down to the sand to put our stuff down. Told me her room number and to let staff know who we were there to see. So, we go down the path and realize that we have to walk through the pool area to get to the sand. Immediately a man came running out and started screaming at us. Yelling that we were trying to "sneak in" to their pool. We calmly told him that was not the case and gave him the room number and name of our friends and told him we would be happy to go check in at the front desk. He continued to yell, said we were lying, that there was no way our friends told us to walk down the path, etc. One thing that did seem to surprise him and perhaps make him angrier was that we in fact did know the name and room number of these guests. BECAUSE WE WERE TELLING THE TRUTH! Anyway, we decided we would just leave all together after being treated like 14 year olds sneaking into the neighbors pool. It didn't matter what we said or did, he was just angry. I immediately called my friends and let them know what happened and we met them later that night somewhere else. They will never stay there again, nor will I ever recommend anyone to stay there since I am a local. I understand totally that maybe some kids might try to sneak in, etc. and that my friends should of just had us go to the desk first before bringing our chairs to the sand. Now I wonder though how we would've been treated either way. Also, if that pathway is Not for any customers or people to use, Put a damn sign up or lock the pool gate!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends