“So far so good!”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
London, England, United Kingdom
“So far so good!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am staying here right now and so far the hotel has been excellent! The room is very very nice. The food in the restaurant is AMAZING!!! The staff are very friendly and helpful.

The only reason I haven't given a rating of 5 is because the rooftop bar is closed for renovations although I called before booking and was told it would be completed by the time I stay here, so that is disappointing, but everything else so far has been faultless!

Also the beach is very nice and literally across the road!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Robert205
T_Robertson-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Zamora, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Robert205,

I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying you visit and that the staff have been making a positive impact. The restaurant is truly amazing and I will make sure they are applauded for their efforts to provide such a great culinary experience. I apologize the rooftop bar was not open during your stay. We are currently working on the final phases of its construction and we hope to have everything completed fairly soon. I know you will be impressed with the final product and hope to have you back to experience it on your next trip to St. Pete Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Zamora end of June 2014. It is a beautiful new boutique hotel. Our room was on the 4th floor over looking the Intracoastal waterway and from the soaker tub I could see out over the beach and the Gulf of Mexico! We were not sure what to expect with this brand new hotel but we were impressed. Both the hotel and the restaurant were excellent!! Chef Ted even prepared fish my husband had caught. The menu was interesting and we loved everything we ate. My personal favorite was the Lobster tapa ($11.+). The prices on the menu were reasonable. The hotel staff was very accommodating. The large room had a balcony out over the pool area with the Intracoastal view. The bathroom was expansive. There was a "soaker" tub with a window view as stated above. The location across the street from the beach was very convenient to drive around the area and sightsee. I highly recommend anyone looking for a getaway on Saint Petersburg Beach, Florida stay at Hotel Zamora. This will be our new choice when staying in St. Pete. My husband and I travel a lot throughout the Caribbean and Central America. This is now a favorite hotel for us.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best view. The room was large and sunny with excellent views of the Intracoast...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ANNIE r
T_Robertson-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Zamora, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear ANNIE r,

You really said it all...thank you so much for the amazing 5 Star Review and for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our Trip Advisor readers. Since we are a new hotel it really helps to get the word out about our incredible property. As you can see from other reviews, Chef Dorsey and his team continue to exceed everyone’s expectations and I’m glad he made your meal extra special. I really appreciate your comments and am happy to hear that you will be our hotel of choice for future visits to St. Pete.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Drop the kids off at grandma's, pack light and prepare for a great weekend. The room was amazzzzing. The furniture is beautiful and the artwork was very cool. The bathroom was much bigger than you will find in a chain hotel. The view from our room was a beautiful view of the the Gulf of Mexico. The hotel has a northern Spain feel to it; very hip and quaint at the same time. The property has a great restaurant on site where you can sit inside or out. If you have a boat, they have slips where you can dock.

Dear Chuck P,

You have the right idea; we agree that we are the perfect getaway for people nearby and far away. I am glad you found us and had such a great weekend visit. I’m sure grandma loved having the opportunity to watch the kids. I really appreciate your comments and will make sure they are shared with our staff. We look forward to being your hotel of choice for future visits to St. Pete Beach.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel and the restaurant has amazing food. The rooms are spacious and the service is excellent. Great place to stay. Room was great, comfortable bed and just a great location close to the beach. Staff was very helpful.

1 Thank Sap A
T_Robertson-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Zamora, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Sap A

Thank you so much for your comments and for helping spread the word to everyone about our incredible new property. I am happy to hear that you had an excellent overall stay with us and that you found the rooms, restaurant and especially the staff to be so wonderful. Our goal is to create memorable experiences for all of our guests. I am glad we were able to accomplish this during your visit and hope to have you back again soon.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have the fortune of going to the Hotel Zamora last weekend for a mini-vacation. I had just heard about the hotel, and wanted to try it out. I was blown away when I walked into our room; it was so spacious and really well appointed. The finishings were beautiful, and the beds were really luxurious. The rooftop deck was really great, and the pool area had a really cool feel- definitely a happening place on the weekends. In my opinion, the Hotel Zamora is the best new place to stay if you want a high-end hotel in the St. Pete Beach/Clearwater Beach areas. Castile, the restaurant in the hotel, was absolutely phenomenal. I had the beef tartare appetizer and the red snapper special for my main course. Both were delicious; definitely the best food I have found in St. Pete so far. If you eat there, you absolutely HAVE to get the Smoked Crispy Chicharrons as an appetizer for the table- out of this world good!!. I want to try everything on the menu, so I will definitely be coming back again and again, even if I am not staying the night. I expected a nice weekend away, but the hotel, staff, and restaurant greatly exceeded my expectations and won a new customer for life.

1 Thank Devin P
Dear Devin P

I am happy to hear you had such a terrific stay with us last weekend and really appreciate your comments and 5 Star review. I agree the food is amazing and the Chicharrons are quickly becoming legendary. I am very pleased to hear that the service our staff provided exceeded your expectations. You are correct we have a phenomenal property like nothing else on the beach. We are looking forward to having you back again and again.
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We are locals and recently visited the Hotel for dinner and the rooftop for drinks.
It was late on a Saturday, and minimal Staff, but the front desk attendant arranged for the
Maintenance engineer on duty to give us a complete guided tour. He was so polite and answered every question we asked, and gave us an awesome tour. Thanks Ron.
The whole property is so clean and well up-kept. We will soon book a weekend just to have the experience of staying at the areas newest and more classy Hotels on the beach.

1 Thank John D
Dear John D,

I really appreciate your comments and for taking the time to share your great experience at The Hotel Zamora with our TripAdvisor readers. I am glad you were able to tour the property and that Ron made such a positive impact on your visit. He is an amazing employee and a true asset to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and to being your hotel of choice for future visits to St. Pete Beach.
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel . A new hotel. Staff members were phenomenal. The beds, comfortable. Continental breakfast, nothing to talk about. However , the breakfast at the restaurant is organic and exquisite. Be sure to try the Eggs Benedict, French toast and an order of bacon. This should feed two, but wearth every calorie. $$. Access to the beach is close by, parking is a breeze. Definately will return next year.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank McIntyre P
T_Robertson-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Zamora, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear McIntyre P,

Thank you so much for your comments and wonderful review. I am happy to hear the hotel, staff and overall experience was so positive. The food quality and menu selections at our restaurant continue to impress, especially our Chef’s homemade bacon! We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year and for years to come.